Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Hopes of Ibragimov Klitschko unification fight starting to slip

But I think we expected this, anyway.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Apparently, Ibragimov's people don't think four months is enough time.............. I expected they'd come up with something, but I thought he'd reject the money, instead of saying four months is not enough time between fights. And you know that instead of merely suggesting that they move it up to March to give him five months, I suspect Ibragimov will refuse that, too, cause he'll say he has to be ready for Thompson, his mandatory, by June.

I think Ibragimov just don't want the fight, and I never did think he would take it. I think saying four months is not enough time for a fit 31 year old is a bit rediculous.............But, any excuse will do when you don't want to do something.

But maybe the fight will still be made. Who knows. But I am now very doubtful. Even moreso than before. Ibrag don't seem to be as serious about unification as he said he was.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Hopes of Ibragimov Klitschko unification fight starting to slip

Yeah, no surprise here
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Feiti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Seems these whimps are all afraid of Wlad
Feiti is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He should train all the year.

He is a professional athlete after all.

4 months should be enough time.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

After Ibragimov and Chaveav went on about in the boxing press about how great and commmendable it was for them to finally being the first unification fight in 8 years, and about how bad the division sorely needed this fight............only to call it off shorly thereafter (for whatever reason)...........

.........Knowing that, you'd think that Ibragimov would now be very eager to get another chance to put together another, all important, and very beneficial, unification fight for the fans and the heavyweight divsion, seeing as how they hyped the first one as being so great, only to see it canceled.

This is nuts.........Lame, rediculous, and nuts. Ibragimov is not my favorite heavyweight, I think its safe to say.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

”Sultan has never avoided competitors. He won’t avoid Wladimir Klitschko either. But the date of the fight cannot suit me,” Abacharaev said

They should change the date to March and problem solved.

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 08-23-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

There was nearly the same amount of time between Ibragimov's fight against Briggs (early June) and the date the unification with Chagaev was scheduled for (mid October) as there would be now between the Holyfield and Klitchko fight... smells like bullshit from Sultan's manager to me!

The fight has to get made, and as far as their respective mandatories go: let them have to fight each other as well in the Spring, the IBF and the WBO have cooperated in the past and should do so now once again.
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member

Man I could only imagine if I had 4 months to train for a particular fighter without having to run my business.

Four months not enough time.........you gotta be shittin me.

Must be mind games or something, I hope.
Ding is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillman
smells like bullshit from Sultan's manager to me!

Here's what Ibragimov told his manager after winning the title from Briggs, regarding the Chag Sultan unification fight:

"After the Briggs fight, Sultan told us he wanted to unify and his marching orders to us were to try to make a unification fight," Margules said. "That's what we did.".......

I guess the marching orders from Sultan have changed when the opponent to unify with is not Chagaev, but Wladimir. Now, Ibrag's manager don't have to try to make a unification fight, the unification fight is pounding on his door.

You can say that no pro fighter is afraid, but in this case I disagree.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

I'd be afraid of Wlad too, don't get me wrong.

But this is his job. He should fight this man unless he has a LEGIT reason not too.

Train hard and step up. The man is not invincible.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

this is just really disappointing but it wouldnt matter if he had four years or four decades, Iggy would get startched. He ducks wlad like this, he becomes a paper titlist only and i wont even include him in my top 10 cause it would be such a blatant duck. I would have more respect for Iggy if he just said he didnt think he could win and doesnt want to get beat up but this is just a terrible and bullshit excuse. i can see why people rip the hw division cause w/o wlad they might as well contract that damn thing. and we all know the 'White Tyson' wants no part of wlad and can use his one week illness as a pretense

c'mon iggy manup and take that beating
KobeIsGod is online now  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

If I were Wladimir''s manager, I would go public with this story, and tell some of the bigger boxing news sites all the particulars about the nonsense that they are dealing with from a fighter who supposedly wants to unfiy.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
If I were Wladimir''s manager, I would go public with this story, and tell some of the bigger boxing news sites all the particulars about the nonsense that they are dealing with from a fighter who supposedly wants to unfiy.
exactly. one of the reasons i like wlad so much is his sportsmanship and class but he needs to call a spade a spade at this point. It would put more pressure on Iggy to unify. There is no valid excuse this fight cannot come off. NONE
KobeIsGod is online now  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #14
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Iggy just doesn't impress me as a HW champ at all, never has and never will. Just something to his whole aura. Think of most any HW champ you can remember, think appearance and fear he would strike into a normal man, and Iggy does not have none of that, along with fighting style. He should just quit like he suggested to after the Holyfield bout (something about his parents crying when he fights, etc..).
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
But I think we expected this, anyway.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Apparently, Ibragimov's people don't think four months is enough time.............. I expected they'd come up with something, but I thought he'd reject the money, instead of saying four months is not enough time between fights. And you know that instead of merely suggesting that they move it up to March to give him five months, I suspect Ibragimov will refuse that, too, cause he'll say he has to be ready for Thompson, his mandatory, by June.

I think Ibragimov just don't want the fight, and I never did think he would take it. I think saying four months is not enough time for a fit 31 year old is a bit rediculous.............But, any excuse will do when you don't want to do something.

But maybe the fight will still be made. Who knows. But I am now very doubtful. Even moreso than before. Ibrag don't seem to be as serious about unification as he said he was.
I thought Holyfield was an easy fight for Ibragimov. Did Ibragimov suffer any injrues?

If Sultan needs 5 or 6 months to make the fight, so be it.

We need a title unifcation match at heavyweight.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum