Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #106
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: All about Jan Zaveck (IBF welterweight champion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
"Eurobum" is the single most nonsensical term invented by these nobs.
I agree.

Just hope Jan will get a call from the States again...Berto was rubbing his head over Zaveck`s eyes too much...

Well those who know boxing knows Zaveck did a great job...below are two links of landed punches:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So what do you think guys is next for Jan Zaveck?
kywoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #107
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywoo View Post
I agree.

Just hope Jan will get a call from the States again...Berto was rubbing his head over Zaveck`s eyes too much...

Well those who know boxing knows Zaveck did a great job...below are two links of landed punches:

So what do you think guys is next for Jan Zaveck?
I think it'd take much luck to get him the Berto rematch he deserves. I'd be really interested in the winner of the Ion/Aydin rematch VS Zaveck too.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #108
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

I was impressed by Zaveck last night. That fight was going to be a war. Early on I thought Jan was going to chop Berto down. I cannot stand how upright that fool boxes. He was getting caught by just about everything Jan threw. The bad thing is that I can see Jan having continous problems with his eyes in top class wars. It's going to be almost impossible to win mega fights for him when his eyes won't hold up. Holy shit were those some bad cuts.

But I want to see him again and in the USA. I loved his group of fans. And I loved the guys heart.
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #109
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

"The power I keep for fighting for the second half and was well on the way, I also felt Berto tempered by the minute. Sadly, this strategy has not worked and for my face Andre`s head was too hard, because we have the video later persuaded to hit me with it. The coach is likely to decide correctly, because the break. Too bad that this happened, because otherwise, it could be very interesting later on" is only at his second professional defeat said Zavec and added:" First I need to heal, then I hope that Andre keep his word and give me a rematch. "

Berto, who "undressed" Zavec after exactly 21 months, has been understandable in much better mood, however, did not forget to say: "I ​​must admit that I was surprised by Zavec. It is indeed a powerful and superior boxer. He was not a world champion by accident. "
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #110
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

After seeing these GIF's, I have to take back my comments on his eyes. He was clearly butted like a mf'r multiple times. I thought he was sliced and diced by punches from watching the live show. Nasty Butts!
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #111
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: All about Jan Zaveck (former IBF welterweight champion)

OK i changed the topic to Former IBF champ

Damn cant belive Zaveck and his team wont complain to IBF about headbutts from Berto...sometimes i wish Zaveck wouldnt be such a gentelman and that just show what kind of person he really is..he was a true Champ that came to USA to defend the title..just remember...this fight Berto would lose as Zaveck has stamina for 12 rounds and Berto would gas out in 6-7 rounds.
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #112
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Jan Zaveck dethroned after suffering cut injury (copy from SES Boxen (Zaveck`s promoters)

IBF Champion Jan Zaveck lost his welterweight crown on Saturday against the American Andre Berto because the fight was ended by a serious cut injury after 5 rounds in a completely open and thrilling duel. The defending champion and the challenger fought in Biloxi (Mississippi, USA) over five rounds a boxing match worth seeing. The world champion had a good start and earned more and more respect from the American through the first rounds. However he suffered a severe cut injury under the right eye after a head butt. After the break of the fifth round the visual field of Zaveck was so impaired that he could not continue fighting in order to protect his health. Coach Dirk Dzemski acted responsibly and did not let his fighter return to action after the break. One judge had evaluated the fight as a draw at this time. The other two each had one point in front for Berto. Andre Berto promised Jan Zaveck a rematch. "The fight ended only through the injury but has not been decided in a sporting way. We now hope that Berto keeps his word. Jan has made an impression with his appearance in the U.S. and set up a real sign of respect for his abilities. The determination is bitter, but the health of the athlete comes first," said manager Ulf Steinforth after the duel.
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #113
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 14814

i doubt berto would have lost this fight either way. He was wearing zaveck down and berto said they worked on conditioning. great effort by zaveck but I dont think he will ever be able to beat berto or have that signature win over a good name.
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #114
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

well you and I dont know what would of happen?
Jan was all good till the headbut and started to take things in his hands..while Berto started to look tired. So what would of happen till round 10-11-12....who knows?
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #115
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I agree that Berto was wearing himself out and getting caught with too many punches. He was trying to blitz Zaveck out like he did with Hernandez. Zaveck wasn't breathing hard, pushing Berto back everytime they locked up, and making adjustments during the fight.

Unless HBO fronts big money for the rematch, expect Berto to fight Malinaggi or Bailey next (or even a damn Mosely fight). A Zaveck who doesn't get cut from headbutts is too much risk too Haymon/Berto. There's too much money on the table with an Ortiz rematch or possible Pac or Money fight. Zaveck will need to get back in line and fight anothe eliminator after his cutts heal.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #116
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haha Berto said he would even come to Slovenia if money is good...uffff 13 000 ppl booing at him...
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #117
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Zaveck is quality, he'll be back.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #118
Dynasty091
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 586

Zaveck is a tough mofo, he deserves another big fight here. He definitely made a good amount of new fans over this past weekend.
Dynasty091 is online now  Top
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #119
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Zaveck`s team said they will have a next fight in february or march 2012 in Slovenia against top 10 WW (i more think top 15) in a big show infront of 13 000 people....my opinion is that guys that might come to Slovenia and are top WW are most of them Europeans like Aydin (was sparing with Jan before Berto fight), Jackiewicz III (if he wont beat Brook)..doubt any Ukrainian or Brit would come to Slovenia..

After that Jan still hope for Berto rematch (if Dre beat Bailey) that was promised to him..

So who do you guys think will be the next opponent of Zaveck?
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #120
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Zaveck vs Aydin would be a good fight. Zaveck really impressed me against Berto. I have to admit I thought he would receive a one-sided beatdown. Doubt he'll ever get the rematch he deserves though.
qwert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum