Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default JM Mormeck best fights?

obviously the high point of his career and the most exciting fights were his undisputed CRUISERWEIGHT title matches with o'neil bell. absolute wars.

the defeat to haye is another classic, haye down early and rallying to break mormeck down. and the battle with maddalone has a reputation as a thrilling HEAVYWEIGHT brawl.

further down the ladder, the 2 hill fights were tough, as was the WBA/WBC unification with braithwaite, as was the come from behind stoppage of gurov, who'd hurt mormeck to the body.

but what are his best fights, before he became a world champ? LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT match with alain simon was french fight of the year, a while back. were there other exciting fights at light heavyweight, in france? let me know...
rumour24tiger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: JM Mormeck best fights?

Hi rumor,

M'y personal favorite fight still is jmm-bell I, I could watch it all day but for some reason I always stop,before the 7th round. After that it,all sent downhill for mormeck.

I also like the rematch but too bad jmm Kinda run out of gas AGAIN and boxe d on the backfoot the 3-4 last round. I think open scoring spoiled the fight too. I wished jmm woulda koed bell but at the time bell had great chin and fighting spirit. It all went out of the window after the 2nd fight with jmm, I guess that these fights took a greater toll in him than on jmm.

I also like the Haye fight, I ré-watched it recently and was surprise by the size difference (Haye is huge compared to jmm) and by how tell jmm did tille he got koed.

I stil enjoy watching the gurov fight, nice pressure work from jmm, nice display of body-head combos as well.

I wish I could find the braithwaite fight somewhere on thé internet, I heard it was one of jmm's best performances.

On a sidenote I jus saw that jmm just turned down an opportunity to fight wlad klitschko, I personally think hé shoulda taken the fight but maybe thé terms of thé contract were not acceptable. I would be interested to know your opinion on this, did he make the right décision?

I would also add those fights
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

JMM's too small for klitschkos. i don't think he should have taken it.

some british commentator said that VINNY MADDALONE had been offered a klitschko. i think he meant mormeck!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yes I think you are right, jmm stated himself that he would not be able to take on the bigger heavyweights, but why I think he
shoulda taken the fight is becos he not any younger and I dont see,how he Can pût himself in position to get the Haye rematch he is targeting now
So he may as well take the klitschko fight (if and only if the terms of contract are decent enough), but that said I would give little chance to béat klitshko, especiallynin germany
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i think mormeck's finished.

i'd sure like to know about his light heavyweight battles.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum