Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #31
Bigfatbaz UK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Me working the pads with my trainer... (video)

Keep on working hard & things will come. Good luck to you.
Bigfatbaz UK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #32
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How tall are you and whats your weight? my recommendation would be only this. cardio cardio cardio. Your obviously not physically at your best in this video so just hit up your cardio and like you said lose those 15 pounds and that should help you in every way possible. Hit up your cardio hard about 2 weeks before fight time every day and push yourself mentally in cardio. That would be my recommendation. And just do as many crazy variations and as many pushups as you can

As far as your technique goes from what I can see if you lose those pounds as you said you should be able to have better footwork and balance better. You need to lose that chub on your legs and you will with a lot more running (atleast 4-5 miles a day 9-10 minute miles)

But yeah technique.. you should post a vid of your sparring.. its not fair to judge your technique simply off of padwork since anyone can look good or look horrible its only padwork
liljp361 is online now  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #33
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Do you ever find your straight right comes up short at times? I mentioned this to my trainer and he said its because I leave my right leg where it is and just move my body forward and thats what your doing too. So if your throwing a 1-2 then after you step forward with your jab bring your right foot up before you fire your right and you get more distance with it and I guess its fundamentally correct.
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #34
Sprawla
Contender
ESB Senior Member

you dont cork screw your jab and you are landing your hooks and punches at your waist. The pad guy doesnt know how to hold pads..

you have lots of room for improvement
Sprawla is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #35
wordisbond
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sorry guys, but where in this thread did he say he was turning professional? I'm assuming he's training for an amateur fight, no? Tito, if I'm wrong please correct me.
wordisbond is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #36
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Tito, get in the ring and just give it a go. Be prepared as much as you can. Early stages in the amateur ranks is all about experiencing & learning from your weaknesses. If your trainer is experienced and knows his stuff, you just need to put your trust in him and yourself and overcome the 'fear' of fighting anyone. Spar boxers better than yourself & you/coach will quickly find out what needs to be worked on...

Don't get to caught up with some forum experts here, otherwise you'll have conflicting views with your coach which creates self doubt, tension and frustration
rongee90 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #37
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

Looks pretty good overall but you telegraph your jab by pumping it before you throw it. Snap it out straight from your chin. Also when you duck keep your eyes up and focused on the target - looks like you have a tendency to look down. Cheers.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #38
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361 View Post
How tall are you and whats your weight? my recommendation would be only this. cardio cardio cardio. Your obviously not physically at your best in this video so just hit up your cardio and like you said lose those 15 pounds and that should help you in every way possible. Hit up your cardio hard about 2 weeks before fight time every day and push yourself mentally in cardio. That would be my recommendation. And just do as many crazy variations and as many pushups as you can

As far as your technique goes from what I can see if you lose those pounds as you said you should be able to have better footwork and balance better. You need to lose that chub on your legs and you will with a lot more running (atleast 4-5 miles a day 9-10 minute miles)

But yeah technique.. you should post a vid of your sparring.. its not fair to judge your technique simply off of padwork since anyone can look good or look horrible its only padwork
Right now Im 5"7 165. Im fighting at 151.
Tito Time is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #39
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordisbond View Post
Sorry guys, but where in this thread did he say he was turning professional? I'm assuming he's training for an amateur fight, no? Tito, if I'm wrong please correct me.
Ams
Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #40
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongee90 View Post
Tito, get in the ring and just give it a go. Be prepared as much as you can. Early stages in the amateur ranks is all about experiencing & learning from your weaknesses. If your trainer is experienced and knows his stuff, you just need to put your trust in him and yourself and overcome the 'fear' of fighting anyone. Spar boxers better than yourself & you/coach will quickly find out what needs to be worked on...

Don't get to caught up with some forum experts here, otherwise you'll have conflicting views with your coach which creates self doubt, tension and frustration
Exactly. My trainer told me not to put up video for these exact reasons but I still did.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #41
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.4.P.G.O.A.T. View Post
Looks pretty good overall but you telegraph your jab by pumping it before you throw it. Snap it out straight from your chin. Also when you duck keep your eyes up and focused on the target - looks like you have a tendency to look down. Cheers.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #42
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Its ok bud, not the worst ever posted on here, but thats not you been you, its you been miguel cotto. And a poor imitation at that. Its easy (ish) to replicate the way someone stands and throws punches to a degree, but you need to look deeper into the hows and whys of his style. For example, Cotto has incredibly good head movement. Have you got the reflexes to pull that off? A static Miguel Cotto is not a good person to be.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #43
difO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Like someone has said, take your trainers word first as he sees things we can't see from a couple of vids.

One thing I noticed is your footwork/stance. You need to work on it or you're going to get hurt from not being able to move out. Talk to your trainer...
difO is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #44
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by difO View Post
Like someone has said, take your trainers word first as he sees things we can't see from a couple of vids.

One thing I noticed is your footwork/stance. You need to work on it or you're going to get hurt from not being able to move out. Talk to your trainer...
Exactly. We where working on that today.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #45
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Looks okay for your experience level. Just keep working. Go in there and get experience. I would listen to your trainer. I remember when I started doing mitt work, I made many mistakes, still do. However, my coach would only point one thing out at a time. It took me two weeks to throw a punch and step to my coach when starting. What he realized is that I was not capable of correcting ten things at once. After I mastered this, he addressed another issue. This is sometimes the problem with posting this stuff. You get very good feedback, but flooded with the mistakes and try to address them all at once. It's like the old saying paraphrasing to teach a man nothing, teach him everything at once. Keep listening to your coach, and as long as he is fixing the fundamentals and you are learning, you're fine. If you are trying to emulate a style, don't. Just learn the basics and your own style will come with time.
vonLPC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing