IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Mundine vs Another weak Argie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Settle down guys.

When he took on Acousta he was offered a "3 pack Argie tin can" package deal.

He'll face Kessler after this, and then go up and face Dawson in the US.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 PM   #32
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Yes it is Pecks. Indeed. Gee im dissapointed. I mean i wanted him to fight a Lacy or a Andrade or at least a Bika. Not this.
I'm over being disappointed. The penny finally dropped for me when he took on Acousta. Up until then I guess I just had faith that he had genuine plans to fight the top guys in the division.

The guy should take note of what Kostya did after an 18 month lay off, which was fight one of the best guys in his division straight away.
I just don't believe in tune up fights, you tune yourself up in the gym while preparing to fight.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #33
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

I agree with u pecks but hey, did anyone expect him to go fight the best fighters at SMW right away after going blind? I believe its what Mundine does after this shithouse fight is what he will be judged on.... Will be interesting to see what Mainevent do... it really should be $50 for both fights.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #34
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Kostya had 18mths off, Mundine has had 'what' 3 months off a bit off difference there. But keep up the talk guys I am learning lots especially when some of you agree on something
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #35
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I agree they should charge it $50 together. I wont pay extra just to watch Mundine face this bum.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #36
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict

vCash: 171

I'd be fine with Mundine fighting a tomato can aster coming back from an injury as long as the WBA title wasnt on the line.

But the WBA wants to collect some sanctioning fees so of course they will accept this shit bag as a worthy opponent.
Maxime is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #37
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
Kostya had 18mths off, Mundine has had 'what' 3 months off a bit off difference there. But keep up the talk guys I am learning lots especially when some of you agree on something
Kostya's layoff was a bit different compared to Mundines.

Kostya had a full reco on his shoulder and then got injured again when he tore his abductor muscle after that. So really Zoo got injured twice where Mundine had a eye infection which was pretty serious but at the same time Sugar ray Leonard made a comeback against Hagler after having a detatched retnare. A huge differnece in opponent compared to Mundines Taxi driver from South America.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #38
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

I agree with Decebal - Mundine will never fight another top 10 SMW again - you wait and see, he'll wait to see if Green beats Drews, then say he's moving up to rematch Green for his LHW title instead of facing the winner of Calzaghe vs Kessler.

He'll claim he has nothing left to prove at SMW, and that it's more important to be a 2 division champ than to fight the #1 at SMW.

He's a ****ing joke, always has been , always will be - I mean, the guy has natural ability, but he doesn't have the heart nor the stones to ever put it on the line.

Ever since he saw Kessler beat Siaca, he's been looking for the escape hatch - as soon as he returned from Copenhagen, he challenged Green. As soon as it was his turn to rematch Kessler, he agreed to step aside so Kessler could fight Beyer to unify. As soon as he lost to Kessler, he was going to move to MW, or LHW, blah blah blah. Then he embarked on his '4-fights-to-world-domination-plan-via-fighting-fat-South-African-MWs' journey, and so on.

He doesn't want to fight Kessler again, he'll just keep saying he does so all his fans will keep watching him in the hope of seeing him actually do it one day, and it will always be "injury this, injury that, tune up fight here, tune up fight there, move up to challenge for another title, move down for another title" etc.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 PM   #39
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Kostya's layoff was a bit different compared to Mundines.

Kostya had a full reco on his shoulder and then got injured again when he tore his abductor muscle after that. So really Zoo got injured twice where Mundine had a eye infection which was pretty serious but at the same time Sugar ray Leonard made a comeback against Hagler after having a detatched retnare. A huge differnece in opponent compared to Mundines Taxi driver from South America.
Hello Bop Bop I have missed you
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #40
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

@ everybody hoping Main Event will offer a 2 for 1 deal on the Hatton and Mundine fights...why the hell would you be happy to pay ANYTHING to watch Mundine fight this ****ing travesty of an opponent?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #41
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

No way ill buy another Mundine card until he fights a top ten ranked boxer.......so i guess that means ill never have to watch him again
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 PM   #42
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
@ everybody hoping Main Event will offer a 2 for 1 deal on the Hatton and Mundine fights...why the hell would you be happy to pay ANYTHING to watch Mundine fight this ****ing travesty of an opponent?
The only reason i hope its a 2 fight deal is that then i will watch it at home.
Otherwise if it is not, im off to the pub, which i guess aint that bad.
I cant see anyone in their right mind ordering this as an individual PPV.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #43
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
I'd be fine with Mundine fighting a tomato can aster coming back from an injury as long as the WBA title wasnt on the line.

But the WBA wants to collect some sanctioning fees so of course they will accept this shit bag as a worthy opponent.
Yeah I agree with that, the Nieves fight wasnt annouced as a title fight first up and I was cool with that because at the time Mundine was due to fight in Auckland like 5 weeks later.

But then they billed it as a title fight, which was wrong. And he ended up pulling out of the NZ fight anyway.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:57 PM   #44
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Yeah I agree with that, the Nieves fight wasnt annouced as a title fight first up and I was cool with that because at the time Mundine was due to fight in Auckland like 5 weeks later.

But then they billed it as a title fight, which was wrong. And he ended up pulling out of the NZ fight anyway.
Which means he prolly had zero intention of actually fighting in NZ anyway, was just after some publicity
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #45
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
The only reason i hope its a 2 fight deal is that then i will watch it at home.
Otherwise if it is not, im off to the pub, which i guess aint that bad.
I cant see anyone in their right mind ordering this as an individual PPV.
Actually, you know what would be the best way to force Mundine to fight worthy opponents? If Main Event told him they weren't gonna televise any more of his fights until he steps it up.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum