Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 AM   #61
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210
Default Re: Mundine vs Another weak Argie

Why am I not surprised. Mundine has the boxing skills to be an ATG, too bad he lacks heart and only fights taxi drivers.
Rise Above is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 AM   #62
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Arsenal
Why am I not surprised. Mundine has the boxing skills to be an ATG, too bad he lacks heart and only fights taxi drivers.
No way in hell does he posses the skill to become an ATG. ****, at his best he would be lucky to even be the best current SMW, yet alone an ATG. Still, a waste of talent though.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #63
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Everyone knows i am no Mundine fan BUT i gotta say this is the right fight for the guy because coming off the eye injury and being out of boxing for a while he needs to just take a easy fight to set himself up for the bigger fights so this time i have no problem with this match up.

Sucks but this time it at least makes sense
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #64
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Cant wait!!! This will be an awesome comeback fight. And provided all goes well, we will all back up to watch the man make his move on the top titles in the division in 2008.
what I like about this fight is that it will happen. Its not an announcement of Mundines dream fight. Yeah, he talks about his dream fights. But I dont think he announces them prematurely. I am not mentioning any names here, but that sell out hack robot from the west suffers from prematurepromo disease.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #65
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think the Sydney spectators will really come out for this fight. Good comeback match and by universal agreeance the Argies show terrific ticker. Mundine v Acosta was a top specticle. The Newcastle crowd was very happy with the Argie up that way (though his name escapes me).
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #66
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
I think the Sydney spectators will really come out for this fight. Good comeback match and by universal agreeance the Argies show terrific ticker. Mundine v Acosta was a top specticle. The Newcastle crowd was very happy with the Argie up that way (though his name escapes me).
Heh, the funny thing is that Argies generally show a fair bit of ticker, similar to the Mexican boxers. Acousta didn't though and going by Clavero's performance against Briggs, this one looks even less promising.

Clavero's performance against Briggs wasn't that much better than Dida's antics against AC Milan.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 AM   #67
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Clavero's performance against Briggs wasn't that much better than Dida's antics against AC Milan.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 AM   #68
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum
oz usually posts this stuff first.hope the old fellas o.k
Can you please make yourself clearer as i dont want any1 thinking the ozzie battler is a anthony the mouth bumdine nuthugger...

He goes from flogging soliman and green to fighting total duds..

He doesnt want our respect does he???
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 AM   #69
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

this guy has a better ranking than Green did when he was in his very breif prime. That is about 25th in the world when he surprised Beyer. Acosta was very good against Mundine. The crowd responded well to him.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 04:07 AM   #70
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It is what I excepted after the eye thing.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #71
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuistylee
fuk that...im not bagging chocs opponent but that not great prep if ur gunning 4 the winner of these 2 guys
You should bag him, when he was against Briggs he flat out would not fight so instead he did every foul he could to get himself DQ'd, the cunt should of been banned for a few years for it. Why even bother bringin the guy out here hell Nader Hamden as been begging for a go with Mundine, he may not win but he will come to fight and give 150%.

The way some of his huggers continue to make these "oh it's a keep a active fight it's ok etc" I'm sure they would pay $50 to main event to watch him hit the pads for 3 mins and tug off to it.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #72
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
hahahaha its like the ultimate low. Those c*nts would watch 2 dogs rooting if it was televised.
Those c*nts actually condone rooting dogs as a hobbie.

Anyway....

I just dont get mundine at all.I 110% believe he has everything but the BALLS to unify the super middleweight division.Im sick of having to listen to people dribble about how great calzaghe is and then listen to some danish poofs rave on about kessler the same way..

If mundine had atleast ONE nut he would run rings around calzaghe and kessler in the rematch, but his tentativeness and reluctance(spelling) to aim up and be counted for will forever be his shortfall.

He trys to be like roy jones but atleast rjj fought some top opposition and up until recent few years prove that his punch packed asmuch heat as his mouth.

What about mundine vs miranda in the us??

I think it would be a easy bout for mundine against a one dimensional slugger(at best).

Look what happened to the last bloke to fight and defeat miranda??

Instant title fight against the top dog in their division.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #73
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Oz, I agree with most of your post. Although he has shown nuts from time to time. For instance taking the Ottke fight, the Kessler fight and even the Green fight (as confident as he always would have been against that plank of wood) he had a phenominal amount on the line in terms of pride, self respect and national bragging rights.
I would describe Mundine as cautious. No worse than anyone else in boxing in Australia. But worse in the fact that Mundine is by everyones admission a phenominal talent.
It will probably end up haunting him towards the end of his career.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #74
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Mundine would have a very good chance against Bute...He should try and go for Bute next year, if he is serious about SMW. Alternatively, he should go for Froch. If he beats Bute or Froch, he could go for Kessler, if he beats Calzaghe. (Joe would be long gone...)
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #75
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yeah, I'd be suprised if Mundine didnt go after Froch or Bute next year. He really would be feeling like it is now or never. These injuries came at a bad time. Hopefully he will take some confidence out of this December fight re his vision and step it up.
EelsRule is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum