Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
Abhishek

vCash: 500
Default Re: Help with weight training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
If you're lifting weights to increase strength, whch I'm guessing you are, lifting after your boxing class isn't any good, you'll be too tired to lift to your max potential. Same with people that seem to think doing an hours cardio before lifting weights is a good idea.

How they come up with this stuff i don't know

I don't get time in morning or in noon, so have to work on both things in evening.
Abhishek is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keueng View Post
Creatine Monohydrate 100%
I am already taking it.
Abhishek is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek View Post
I am already taking it.
Why? You have no idea how to train but you're taking creatine? What a waste.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
What does this do?
Its a waste of money.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #20
Abhishek

Quote:
Why? You have no idea how to train but you're taking creatine? What a waste.
Why waste?
Abhishek is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #21
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why waste?
Creatine will just give a slight bit more energy to push out a few more reps, nothing special. Since you haven't hit a plateau or theres nothing impeding your progress you have no good reason to take it.

I'm guessing you're taking it because some friend who has no clue what he's talking about told you to?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #22
Abhishek

Quote:
Creatine will just give a slight bit more energy to push out a few more reps, nothing special. Since you haven't hit a plateau or theres nothing impeding your progress you have no good reason to take it.

I'm guessing you're taking it because some friend who has no clue what he's talking about told you to?
I am taking it because i need that few more reps because after completing workout in boxing gym i go to for lifting weights. Most of my energy is used in boxing gym so need energy to lift weights. But you are right that i haven't hit plateau yet, still i think creatine helps me during days when i concentrate on both things. I don't use creatine when i do either boxing or weight lifting.
Abhishek is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #23
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Creatine will not help with the kind of energy you are talking about that you are trying to replenish after a boxing workout. In addition, you shouldn't work out with weights right after a boxing workout or right before. Creatine is going to be about as useful for boxing as giving a pig a pink bow.

This reminds me of a guy where I train BJJ/wrestling, etc. He was fighting for a title in South America somewhere and rematched a guy who he lost a very close decision to. Somebody told him warming up to take some muscle tech stuff that would make you pumped, so he took it and couldn't move after the first round, had become completely anaerobic, gassed, and got choked out early in the second round. Funny enough, the first time they fought, this guy was actually walking around and screaming to fans in between rounds. He has absolutely insane cardio, the best I've ever seen, but gassed after the first round of taking this crap.

I told you that story to say become informed before you do something, and don't take others word for it.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonLPC View Post
Creatine will not help with the kind of energy you are talking about that you are trying to replenish after a boxing workout. In addition, you shouldn't work out with weights right after a boxing workout or right before. Creatine is going to be about as useful for boxing as giving a pig a pink bow.

This reminds me of a guy where I train BJJ/wrestling, etc. He was fighting for a title in South America somewhere and rematched a guy who he lost a very close decision to. Somebody told him warming up to take some muscle tech stuff that would make you pumped, so he took it and couldn't move after the first round, had become completely anaerobic, gassed, and got choked out early in the second round. Funny enough, the first time they fought, this guy was actually walking around and screaming to fans in between rounds. He has absolutely insane cardio, the best I've ever seen, but gassed after the first round of taking this crap.

I told you that story to say become informed before you do something, and don't take others word for it.
Placebo effect.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Placebo effect from the muscle tech? Could have been, although I doubt it with this guy I'm referring to. He just doesn't gas, ever. And it was simply far too much a contrast from what he was able to do in his first fight. Anyways, I guess I was just trying to make a point about becoming informed with what one is taking and what it can and cannot do.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #26
Abhishek

Bag work

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8V7yB_b1Fc[/ame]

I am the one with black shorts.
Do comment on my mistakes
Thanks
Abhishek is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 04:08 AM   #27
Abhishek

Quote:

]

I have heard that most of the boxers take creatine !!
Abhishek is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #28
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Get a new trainer.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #29
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
]

I have heard that most of the boxers take creatine !!
Nevermind
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #30
Abhishek

Quote:
Nevermind
I will surely take into consideration regarding what you said. Will stop taking creatine and see the result. The thing is all this is very confusing, everyone has different opinion about creatine.
Abhishek is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing