Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

tua is a bigger, stronger version of a POOR version of frazier.....joe's lateral movement, constant body barage, underrated power and sheer, venemous workrate would see him stop an exhausted tua around the tenth, not without a few rocky moments though...
bigG is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #17
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Tua by thermonucleur knockout and quickly. Joe couldn't handle big punchers and tua is ONE of the biggest.

Joe's a legend but he's too small and would get battered.
TG1 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Did Tua beat someone in his career even half-comparable to Frazier that I have just miraculously never heard of?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #19
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Did Tua beat someone in his career even half-comparable to Frazier that I have just miraculously never heard of?

Dude, your talking about a guy that went toe to toe with H2HGOAT4REALZ Ike Ibeabuchi. Ike was like Holyfield, except bigger, stronger, faster ,and more skilled. Tua lost the fight, but he won the war. Tua is still a top contender that could destroy the china chinned Wlad while Ike got brain damaged and made rape.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #20
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Dude, your talking about a guy that went toe to toe with H2HGOAT4REALZ Ike Ibeabuchi. Ike was like Holyfield, except bigger, stronger, faster ,and more skilled. Tua lost the fight, but he won the war. Tua is still a top contender that could destroy the china chinned Wlad while Ike got brain damaged and made rape.
Forgot about Ibeabuchi.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Sir Smokin Bert Cooper KOs both before round 5. Only slicksters like Moorer and Holyfield could survive a war with a prime Cooper. It would be madness to go right at him like Frazier and Tua would surely try.
Smokin Bert Cooper sucks, he lost to every decent fighter he fought.

Tua and Frazier KHTFO
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #22
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

A prime David Tua did not have stamina problems, he would not get tired against Joe Frazier.............anybody who says he would, is just chatting shit.

Fact of the matter is, Joe Frazier would be hit in this fight.

By one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever....! have you seen what David Tua did to John Ruiz...? somebody who was never ever knocked out like that since, a fighter that kept on getting up time and time again against David Haye, and ready to carry on at the tail end of his career......

When David Tua really hits Joe Frazier, logic tells me that Joe Frazier will crumble.

When Joe Frazier hits David Tua.........i don't think he would crumble.

Thats the big difference in this fight.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Karl Jade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1444

Frazier would end it in 3. Tua's nowhere near his class.
Karl Jade is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #24
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Frazier was a swarmer but he did not always go head first into his opponents. I think he would present Tua some upperbody and foot movement and use the jab to great effect. I'm not saying Frazier would turn into a dancer, but he could move in and out and look fast against the slower and more limited Tua. Tua was a tank, but it did not require more than a half-decent jab to befuddle him to the point where he would only look for a single shot to pull him out of a shutout loss. Tua would not like Frazier's bodywork either and would go on the defensive if Frazier starts landing consistent blows to the midsection.

On the inside Frazier should be relatively safe as he tends to smother his opponents' punches while working away to the body with both hands. Bonavena, a good slugger in his own right, could only land rather insignificant uppercuts in close and I feel he had the more polished inside skills in comparison to Tua with the shoulder roll and countering. Tua might be able to get off some dangerous combinations at his optimal range which Frazier would have to do a good job at slipping, otherwise he could get hurt as Tua was a devastating hitter.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Jade View Post
Frazier would end it in 3. Tua's nowhere near his class.
How would he end it..?

Tua's nowhere near his class, he's sparked out 3 world champions...?

David Tua is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #26
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Thats why i satrted this thread, i cant seem to figure out who the hell would win out of these 2
Fraziers the greater fighter but i seem to hear whispers about his chin.....
and u dont want that going in against David Tua
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #27
Karl Jade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
How would he end it..?

3 former belt holders. Tua's no champion, never was.
Karl Jade is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #28
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Frazier was a swarmer but he did not always go head first into his opponents. I think he would present Tua some upperbody and foot movement and use the jab to great effect. I'm not saying Frazier would turn into a dancer, but he could move in and out and look fast against the slower and more limited Tua. Tua was a tank, but it did not require more than a half-decent jab to befuddle him to the point where he would only look for a single shot to pull him out of a shutout loss. Tua would not like Frazier's bodywork either and would go on the defensive if Frazier starts landing consistent blows to the midsection.
David Tua go on the defensive..?

Gosh this classic forum is full of shit.

You hit David Tua, he hits you back. Taking afew body shots from a 205 pound Joe Frazier is not enough to make David Tua on the defensive....

Once David Tua, lands on Joe Frazier he's ****ed.

Joe Frazier does not beat Heavy hitting fighters in my opinion, he does not beat them type of fighters with thudding power..........and David Tua was one of those fighters, and he was good and affective at what he did.

Lennox Lewis would spark him

Mike Tyson would spark him

George Foreman sparked him twice...

Joe Frazier was a swarming pressure fighter, he did not have the ability to fight any other kind of fight........he might attempt it, but he would never be very good at it.

"Unlike Evander Holyfield"
Old 10-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #29
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
How would he end it..?

there's a reason joe was champion.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #30
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
David Tua go on the defensive..?

Gosh this classic forum is full of shit.
Not defensive as in turning to Willie Pep, but defensive as in not taking any chances, not actively pressing the fight, not willing to walk through fire in order to have a greater chance of winning. Things that Frazier did, and Tua didn't, which is why Frazier was greater by a large margin.

Quote:
You hit David Tua, he hits you back. Taking afew body shots from a 205 pound Joe Frazier is not enough to make David Tua on the defensive....
But taking a bodyshot from 200 lb Chris Byrd is?

Quote:
Once David Tua, lands on Joe Frazier he's ****ed.
Maybe he is. But there's no telling that he will land a hailmary bomb to pull it out. It's not a sure thing. I would not bet on a puncher's chance.

Quote:
Joe Frazier does not beat Heavy hitting fighters in my opinion, he does not beat them type of fighters with thudding power..........and David Tua was one of those fighters, and he was good and affective at what he did.
Tua is not George Foreman.

Quote:
Lennox Lewis would spark him

Mike Tyson would spark him

George Foreman sparked him twice...
Tyson and Lewis might, I won't dispute that possibility, but Tua is not in that class. He is a big puncher, but where did that punch take him? He did not win a title in an era where titles were handed out to any decent fighter. Yes, he only got one title shot, but that has a lot to do with him losing at the most inappropriate of times, as well as him being an undedicated slob a lot of the time, who did not put the necessary work in.

Quote:
Joe Frazier was a swarming pressure fighter, he did not have the ability to fight any other kind of fight........he might attempt it, but he would never be very good at it.
Frazier could fight another kind of fight. He knew how to move in, land his combinations and get out of the way, for example against George Chuvalo, physically a very strong and durable fighter (TKO'd in 4 rounds). Tua's feet are so much slower that Frazier could actually look fast here for once as he won't be facing a Muhammad Ali, a man who would have made Tua look like a clown.
TheGreatA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum