Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #31
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,256
vCash: 500
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

One things for sure

at least judging by the above comments....it would a great fight to watch.....while it lasted
wonder what the name of the fight could be
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #32
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Not defensive as in turning to Willie Pep, but defensive as in not taking any chances, not actively pressing the fight, not willing to walk through fire in order to have a greater chance of winning. Things that Frazier did, and Tua didn't, which is why Frazier was greater by a large margin.

But taking a bodyshot from 200 lb Chris Byrd is?

Maybe he is. But there's no telling that he will land a hailmary bomb to pull it out. It's not a sure thing. I would not bet on a puncher's chance.

Tua is not George Foreman.

Tyson and Lewis might, I won't dispute that possibility, but Tua is not in that class. He is a big puncher, but where did that punch take him? He did not win a title in an era where titles were handed out to any decent fighter. Yes, he only got one title shot, but that has a lot to do with him losing at the most inappropriate of times, as well as him being an undedicated slob a lot of the time, who did not put the necessary work in.

Frazier could fight another kind of fight. He knew how to move in, land his combinations and get out of the way, for example against George Chuvalo, physically a very strong and durable fighter (TKO'd in 4 rounds). Tua's feet are so much slower that Frazier could actually look fast here for once as he won't be facing a Muhammad Ali, a man who would have made Tua look like a clown.
Joe Frazier is not Chris Bryd, Joe Frazier could not fight like Chris Bryd. Chris Bryd could sticka nd move with slickness, Joe Frazier has never shown this ability.......why did'nt he do it against George Foreman during the rematch......? because he was a swarming pressure fighter, and thats all he could do predominatly, and thats why he is totally totally ****ed against David Tua.

The only way Joe Frazier would beat David Tua is by fighting a sweet science kind of fight, like Chris Bryd was.............only problem is, Joe Frazier did not have the ability to fight in this manner.

You chatting about Joe Frazier landing body shots, he's gonna have to be in the pocket to do that. In pocket where he can be hit by one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever...................David Tua.

I know David Tua is not George Foreman, David Tua could actually throw short compact power hooks inside "Better than Foreman fact", inside of the wide shots George Foreman likes to throw in his younger days. David Tua, could still spark a Gorrila out with a short Left Hook.......

Joe Frazier is ****ed, he cannot take the power of David Tua.........end of debate.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Joe Frazier is not Chris Bryd, Joe Frazier could not fight like Chris Bryd. Chris Bryd could sticka nd move with slickness, Joe Frazier has never shown this ability.......
Did I ever say that? I said if Byrd could move Tua with a bodyshot then Frazier could too.

Quote:
why did'nt he do it against George Foreman during the rematch......? because he was a swarming pressure fighter, and thats all he could do predominatly, and thats why he is totally totally ****ed against David Tua.
Partly because he was half-blind and 20 lbs over his best weight if you're talking about the rematch that is. He did well enough for 4 rounds with movement even though he was far slower than he had been 7-8 years ago.

Quote:
The only way Joe Frazier would beat David Tua is by fighting a sweet science kind of fight, like Chris Bryd was.............only problem is, Joe Frazier did not have the ability to fight in this manner.
He doesn't have to fight like Byrd. All he has to do is keep moving in and out, land consistently with his quicker hands, keep Tua off balance with the jab and avoid getting hit with the big punch. Frazier did this well enough against George Chuvalo for me to believe that he could repeat such a performance against Tua.

Quote:
You chatting about Joe Frazier landing body shots, he's gonna have to be in the pocket to do that. In pocket where he can be hit by one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever...................David Tua.
Tua usually needed some range for his combinations and he liked his opponents standing straight up against the ropes. He would set his feet and then throw a set combination, but this pattern was undone against most good jabbers, and he was reduced to being a one punch stalker, although in his credit it worked for him against most of his opponents, though none on the level of a Joe Frazier (the ones he beat that is).

Quote:
I know David Tua is not George Foreman, David Tua could actually throw short compact power hooks inside "Better than Foreman fact", inside of the wide shots George Foreman likes to throw in his younger days. David Tua, could still spark a Gorrila out with a short Left Hook.......

Joe Frazier is ****ed, he cannot take the power of David Tua.........end of debate.
Tua is not 6'3 with 80 inch reach, Tua does not have a strong jab in front of him, Tua does not push people around to prevent them from working inside. He is actually shorter than Frazier, and has a shorter reach, not to mention his feet are slow as mud.

I'm sure 208 pound journeyman Jazzy Jeff Wooden wasn't supposed to take Tua's punch either but he did and arguably won, this against a peak Tua.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #34
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Did I ever say that? I said if Byrd could move Tua with a bodyshot then Frazier could too.

Partly because he was half-blind and 20 lbs over his best weight if you're talking about the rematch that is. He did well enough for 4 rounds with movement even though he was far slower than he had been 7-8 years ago.

He doesn't have to fight like Byrd. All he has to do is keep moving in and out, land consistently with his quicker hands, keep Tua off balance with the jab and avoid getting hit with the big punch. Frazier did this well enough against George Chuvalo for me to believe that he could repeat such a performance against Tua.

Tua usually needed some range for his combinations and he liked his opponents standing straight up against the ropes. He would set his feet and then throw a set combination, but this pattern was undone against most good jabbers, and he was reduced to being a one punch stalker, although in his credit it worked for him against most of his opponents, though none on the level of a Joe Frazier (the ones he beat that is).

Tua is not 6'3 with 80 inch reach, Tua does not have a strong jab in front of him, Tua does not push people around to prevent them from working inside. He is actually shorter than Frazier, and has a shorter reach, not to mention his feet are slow as mud.

I'm sure 208 pound journeyman Jazzy Jeff Wooden wasn't supposed to take Tua's punch either but he did and arguably won, this against a peak Tua.
Yeh Joe Fraizer could move David Tua with a body shot, but David Tua was never knocked out or put down by a body shot. All i know is that David Tua is one of he hardest hitting Heavyweights of all-time, he sparkedout 3 belt holders. He had good stamina, one of the best chins of the 90's, and you could make a case........for David Tua being the most destructive inside fighter of the 90's.

Nobody.......nobody was able to last or sustain a inside fight against David Tua. Lennox Lewis was on his bike all night, Ike Abeuchi sp*, had to take breaks and get on the outside.

Lennox Lewis was a 248 pound, 6"5 superheavyweight, and he was not stupid enough to fight inside with David Tua.

Joe Frazier, did'nt excalty have lightening footspeed. If Joe Frazier did, he would of fought George Foreman differently........but the bottom line is, he did'nt have that kind of ability............

If he was so ****ing great, he would of adapted against George Foreman after the first knock-down. To this mysterious style of in and out fighting your talking about, with apparantly Joe Frazier could applie..........but the fact of the matter is. He did'nt change his style, and he did'nt adapt.......just like Muhammad Ali said.......he fought stupid, STUPID..........and carried on trying to swarm against George Foreman.

He was a swarming pressure fighter, and this means he will be hit by David Tua......who did'nt have slow hand speed.

David Tua had faster hand speed than George Foreman, David Tua could throw short knock-out blows, and had better punching technique than George Foreman.

Joe Frazier is ****ed...........all i know is, that when Joe Frazier is hit by one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all-time, he crumbles.......and he would crumble against David Tua..........Its just logic man.

Of the 90's maybe only Lennox Lewis could hit harder than David Tua, but still thats up for a debate.


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6KIwnQd2c[/ame]


Joe Frazier would crumble, styles make fights..........and Joe Frazier has not got the style to beat David Tua.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #35
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Yeh Joe Fraizer could move David Tua with a body shot, but David Tua was never knocked out or put down by a body shot. All i know is that David Tua is one of he hardest hitting Heavyweights of all-time, he sparkedout 3 belt holders. He had good stamina, one of the best chins of the 90's, and you could make a case........for David Tua being the most destructive inside fighter of the 90's.
He was moved by a bodyshot from Chris Byrd of all people and looked tentative from that point onwards. The reason you never saw him get knocked out or hurt, is because he rarely took a chance after tasting the power. See his fight against Lennox Lewis, where Tua only unimaginatively plods forward after getting stunned by Lewis's rights early.

He did not spark out 3 belt holders, he sparked out 3 future belt holders in John Ruiz, more of a puncher then, who was caught in the first couple of seconds of the bout. With his bruising, mauling style of the 2000's, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go the distance with Tua. Hasim Rahman and Oleg Maskaev were near shutting Tua out until getting caught in their vulnerable jaws late in the fight, Rahman illegally so after the bell. Rahman went to a draw in the rematch, arguably winning.

Quote:
Nobody.......nobody was able to last or sustain a inside fight against David Tua. Lennox Lewis was on his bike all night, Ike Abeuchi sp*, had to take breaks and get on the outside.
Ibeabuchi took some breaks but he was still outhustling Tua on the inside. I wouldn't say Lewis, never a fleet-footed man, was on his bike. He was using simple footwork and Tua was never able to get set, not once. About as inept a performance as I ever saw in a world title challenge, excluding some of the worst ever challengers.

Quote:
Lennox Lewis was a 248 pound, 6"5 superheavyweight, and he was not stupid enough to fight inside with David Tua.
If you're 6'5 against a 5'10 opponent, the last thing you want is an inside fight, especially when you've been knocked out by an Oliver McCall, and stunned by Briggs early.

Quote:
Joe Frazier, did'nt excalty have lightening footspeed. If Joe Frazier did, he would of fought George Foreman differently........but the bottom line is, he did'nt have that kind of ability............
He didn't have lightning footspeed, Ali did, but he had far faster footwork than Tua and was able to keep up with an Ali while Tua would be shut out on all scorecards as he was almost any good jabber who offered him a bit of movement. Frazier has a very useful jab and he displayed the ability to use his speed against a slow, crude but strong slugger like Chuvalo. It's more difficult to look like a speedster against Ali but Frazier still kept up with him.

Quote:
If he was so ****ing great, he would of adapted against George Foreman after the first knock-down. To this mysterious style of in and out fighting your talking about, with apparantly Joe Frazier could applie..........but the fact of the matter is. He did'nt change his style, and he did'nt adapt.......just like Muhammad Ali said.......he fought stupid, STUPID..........and carried on trying to swarm against George Foreman.
You don't adapt after having your head nearly torn off with an uppercut. I'm not saying that Tua couldn't catch him like Foreman, but Tua isn't Foreman. It's not the same stylistical match-up. Frazier had to bore in against Foreman because he did not stand a chance of winning anywhere but on the inside, and Foreman's rough house tactics did not allow him to fight on the inside. Against Tua, Frazier has options. He can smother Tua's work in close, he can use his superior speed to score at mid range and he can easily step out of Tua's punching range as Tua is about as stationary as a world class fighter gets, comparable to a Chuvalo in that regard.

Quote:
He was a swarming pressure fighter, and this means he will be hit by David Tua......who did'nt have slow hand speed.

David Tua had faster hand speed than George Foreman, David Tua could throw short knock-out blows, and had better punching technique than George Foreman.
It wouldn't suit him either to throw long bombs with those T-Rex arms of his. Foreman could smash Frazier with uppercuts even from the outside, he had big advantages in height and reach. Tua really had to get set in order to throw his combinations, and Frazier's jab, foot and upperbody movement would largely prevent him from getting set. Tua really looks clueless while facing top class opposition and Frazier is not the brainless swarmer that he is made out to be. Everyone who fought him said he was more difficult to hit than they thought, and that he prevented you from getting set to punch with full power.

Quote:
Joe Frazier is ****ed...........all i know is, that when Joe Frazier is hit by one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all-time, he crumbles.......and he would crumble against David Tua..........Its just logic man.
Yes, flawless logic. A man hits hard, therefore he wins. Tua is the kind of a guy who stands a chance against anybody, but his limitations make him an underdog against most greats in my opinion. He proved very little in truth and gets all the excuses in the world for his poor efforts against clubfighter/journeyman level opposition. The knockout reels are impressive, but his actual fights leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, I don't see this discussion going anywhere, just hope that you've thought about your prediction a little beyond Tua simply running through Frazier without any problems.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #36
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
He was moved by a bodyshot from Chris Byrd of all people and looked tentative from that point onwards. The reason you never saw him get knocked out or hurt, is because he rarely took a chance after tasting the power. See his fight against Lennox Lewis, where Tua only unimaginatively plods forward after getting stunned by Lewis's rights early.

He did not spark out 3 belt holders, he sparked out 3 future belt holders in John Ruiz, more of a puncher then, who was caught in the first couple of seconds of the bout. With his bruising, mauling style of the 2000's, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go the distance with Tua. Hasim Rahman and Oleg Maskaev were near shutting Tua out until getting caught in their vulnerable jaws late in the fight, Rahman illegally so after the bell. Rahman went to a draw in the rematch, arguably winning.

Ibeabuchi took some breaks but he was still outhustling Tua on the inside. I wouldn't say Lewis, never a fleet-footed man, was on his bike. He was using simple footwork and Tua was never able to get set, not once. About as inept a performance as I ever saw in a world title challenge, excluding some of the worst ever challengers.

If you're 6'5 against a 5'10 opponent, the last thing you want is an inside fight, especially when you've been knocked out by an Oliver McCall, and stunned by Briggs early.

He didn't have lightning footspeed, Ali did, but he had far faster footwork than Tua and was able to keep up with an Ali while Tua would be shut out on all scorecards as he was almost any good jabber who offered him a bit of movement. Frazier has a very useful jab and he displayed the ability to use his speed against a slow, crude but strong slugger like Chuvalo. It's more difficult to look like a speedster against Ali but Frazier still kept up with him.

You don't adapt after having your head nearly torn off with an uppercut. I'm not saying that Tua couldn't catch him like Foreman, but Tua isn't Foreman. It's not the same stylistical match-up. Frazier had to bore in against Foreman because he did not stand a chance of winning anywhere but on the inside, and Foreman's rough house tactics did not allow him to fight on the inside. Against Tua, Frazier has options. He can smother Tua's work in close, he can use his superior speed to score at mid range and he can easily step out of Tua's punching range as Tua is about as stationary as a world class fighter gets, comparable to a Chuvalo in that regard.

It wouldn't suit him either to throw long bombs with those T-Rex arms of his. Foreman could smash Frazier with uppercuts even from the outside, he had big advantages in height and reach. Tua really had to get set in order to throw his combinations, and Frazier's jab, foot and upperbody movement would largely prevent him from getting set. Tua really looks clueless while facing top class opposition and Frazier is not the brainless swarmer that he is made out to be. Everyone who fought him said he was more difficult to hit than they thought, and that he prevented you from getting set to punch with full power.

Yes, flawless logic. A man hits hard, therefore he wins. Tua is the kind of a guy who stands a chance against anybody, but his limitations make him an underdog against most greats in my opinion. He proved very little in truth and gets all the excuses in the world for his poor efforts against clubfighter/journeyman level opposition. The knockout reels are impressive, but his actual fights leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, I don't see this discussion going anywhere, just hope that you've thought about your prediction a little beyond Tua simply running through Frazier without any problems.

Listen Joe Frazier does not beat David Tua, he's not got the style or ability to beat David Tua.

Joe Frazier is a swarming pressure fighter, he's gonna fight David Tua in the pocket.

You said that Joe Frazier could fight a in and out type of fight, and you claim that the reason he didn't adapt vs George Foreman was because he was knocked down by a uppercut....?

How many times after that first knock down was Joe Frazier knock down again, to which he got back up......? He still has his senses about him, but just like Muhammad Ali said...

Joe Frazier was abit of a stupid fighter, his ring intelligence was low, he fought Foreman like a stupid ****. He could only fight one way, and that one way against a sharp accurate, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's ever.........was the wrong way.

Muhammad Ali could adapt after being hurt..

Floyd Mayweather could adapt after being hurt..

Evander Holyfield could adapt after being hurt...

Joe Frazier did not have the ability to adapt...

David Tua would not have to go walk about all night looking for Joe Frazier, Frazier would be there Philly style..........he's no Bernard Hopkins.

Of Course David Tua would have abit of trouble, but Joe Frazier in my opinion has not got the power to really really hurt David Tua. Lennox Lewis hit David Tua, with a right hand that would ended allot of heavyweights............it did not end David Tua.

There is no shame in being beat by Lennox Lewis over 12 rounds, imagine what Lennox Lewis would do to Joe Frazier.........?

Lennox Lewis was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever..! if he would of hit Joe Frazier with same right hands. Joe Frazier would of been bouncing off the canvas.........like a NBA basketball.

David Tua had good punching technique, great stamina, one of the best chins of the 90's, and was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's............

I beleave David Tua would be able to survive the pressure of Joe Frazier, and have his own success......and David Tua is not a bad body puncher himself.

And i honestly don't beleave Joe Frazier would not be able to stand up against David Tua's shots......he would be bounced around all night.

Good Night Bitch...!!! or if you wanna carry on i will.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #37
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, Esperantia
Posts: 24,840
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Listen Joe Frazier does not beat David Tua, he's not got the style or ability to beat Davd Tua.

Joe Frazier is a swarming pressure fighter, he's gonna fight David Tua in the pocket.

You said that Joe Fazier could fight a in and out type of fight, and you claim that the reason he did'nt adapt vs George Foreman was because he was knocked down by a uppercut....?

How many times after that first knock down was Joe Frazier knock down again, to which he got back up......? He still has his senses about him, but just like Muhammad Ali said...

Joe Frazier was abit of a stupid fighter, his ring intelligents was low, he fought Foreman like a stupid ****. He could only fight one way, and that one way against a sharp accurate, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's ever.........was the wrong way.

Muhammad Ali could adapt after being hurt..

Floyd Mayweather could adapt after being hurt..

Evander Holyfield could adapt after being hurt...

Joe Frazier did not have the abilty to adapt...

David Tua would not have to go walk about all night looking for Joe Frazier, Frazier would be there Philly style..........he's no Bernard Hopkins.

Of Course David Tua would have abit of trouble, but Joe Frazier in my opinion has not got the power to really really hurt David Tua. Lennox Lewis hit David Tua, with a right hand that would ended allot of heavyweigts............it did not end David Tua.

There is no shame in being beat by Lennox Lewis over 12 rounds, imagine what Lennox Lewis would do to Joe Frazier.........?

Lennox Lewis was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever..! if he would of hit Joe Frazier with same right hands. Joe Frazier would of been bouncing off the canvas.........like a NBA basketball.

David Tua had good punching technique, great stamina, one of the best chins of the 90's, and was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's............

I beleave David Tua would be able to surivive the pressure of Joe Frazier, and have his own success......and David Tua is not a bad body puncher himself.

And i honestly don't beleave Joe Frazier would not be able to stand up against David Tua's shots......he would be bounced around all night.

Good Night Bitch...!!! or if you wanna carry on i will.

Double negative for the win.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #38
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,159
vCash: 1001
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvoce View Post
frazier would knock that muppet out
Even if this is a piss take, this is the type of shit that makes the classic section almost as bad as the general forum, just in its own way.


Tua would be very dangerous to someone like Frazier, as Joe fights exactly the way Tua wants an opponent to fight, with Frazier being considerably smaller. Add to that Tuas chin, power, and in his prime he could fight hard all fight... and you have a competetive matchup.

But of course, because he didnt fight in past decades (with the magical formula of the farther back you go, the more you cant lose to todays fighters) he becomes an early knock out victim to anyone who had a pulse back then.

But in reality, it would be a beautiful and titanic clash between two beasts, one in which Frazier would probably have to be favored to outwork and outwill Tua to a competetive and clear UD.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #39
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Listen Joe Frazier does not beat David Tua, he's not got the style or ability to beat David Tua.

Joe Frazier is a swarming pressure fighter, he's gonna fight David Tua in the pocket.

You said that Joe Frazier could fight a in and out type of fight, and you claim that the reason he didn't adapt vs George Foreman was because he was knocked down by a uppercut....?

How many times after that first knock down was Joe Frazier knock down again, to which he got back up......? He still has his senses about him, but just like Muhammad Ali said...

Joe Frazier was abit of a stupid fighter, his ring intelligence was low, he fought Foreman like a stupid ****. He could only fight one way, and that one way against a sharp accurate, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's ever.........was the wrong way.

Muhammad Ali could adapt after being hurt..

Floyd Mayweather could adapt after being hurt..

Evander Holyfield could adapt after being hurt...

Joe Frazier did not have the ability to adapt...

David Tua would not have to go walk about all night looking for Joe Frazier, Frazier would be there Philly style..........he's no Bernard Hopkins.

Of Course David Tua would have abit of trouble, but Joe Frazier in my opinion has not got the power to really really hurt David Tua. Lennox Lewis hit David Tua, with a right hand that would ended allot of heavyweights............it did not end David Tua.

There is no shame in being beat by Lennox Lewis over 12 rounds, imagine what Lennox Lewis would do to Joe Frazier.........?

Lennox Lewis was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever..! if he would of hit Joe Frazier with same right hands. Joe Frazier would of been bouncing off the canvas.........like a NBA basketball.

David Tua had good punching technique, great stamina, one of the best chins of the 90's, and was one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's............

I beleave David Tua would be able to survive the pressure of Joe Frazier, and have his own success......and David Tua is not a bad body puncher himself.

And i honestly don't beleave Joe Frazier would not be able to stand up against David Tua's shots......he would be bounced around all night.

Good Night Bitch...!!! or if you wanna carry on i will.
You're just being an unreasonable prick now. I gave you a chance to argue for a rather popular opinion around these parts (Tua is too strong for Frazier) and you failed miserably by resorting to personal insults and repeated statements instead of boxing knowledge. You are not supposed to be insulted about someone challenging your views in a discussion forum, but I guess you're the type that just drops your all knowledgeable opinion on a thread and is satisfied with that. In that case I will no longer bother you by dragging you into a debate about boxing.

Frazier is not a "stupid ****" for not adapting after being nearly decapitated by a savage uppercut which left him staggering like a drunk around the ring, only sheer heart keeping on his feet from that point onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Even if this is a piss take, this is the type of shit that makes the classic section almost as bad as the general forum, just in its own way.


Tua would be very dangerous to someone like Frazier, as Joe fights exactly the way Tua wants an opponent to fight, with Frazier being considerably smaller. Add to that Tuas chin, power, and in his prime he could fight hard all fight... and you have a competetive matchup.

But of course, because he didnt fight in past decades (with the magical formula of the farther back you go, the more you cant lose to todays fighters) he becomes an early knock out victim to anyone who had a pulse back then.

But in reality, it would be a beautiful and titanic clash between two beasts, one in which Frazier would probably have to be favored to outwork and outwill Tua to a competetive and clear UD.
alexvoce is not an example of what people in the Classic are like. In fact he's a nuisance to the forum and has made statements that should have already gotten him banned about Ali. There's just no place for that kind of talk in the Classic.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #40
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

TheGreatA KO5 Primadonna Kool.
GreatA is using logic. primadonna is just saying that tua will win based on punching power and that he hits hard. Joe would stun and wear tua out over the distance and stop him late IMO.
basically because Frazier gets sparked out by George foreman, (who has huge advantages over him, advantages that tua wouldn't have), then primadonna thinks that tua will beat him the same way. Nope.
Frazier is taller then tua, faster, better counterpuncher and he was actually a great fighter.
tua wouldn't be able to fight Joe the same way that foreman did. tua wouldn't be able to push him around the same way.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #41
good right hand
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the body... there's organs in there
Posts: 938
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
You're just being an unreasonable prick now. I gave you a chance to argue for a rather popular opinion around these parts (Tua is too strong for Frazier) and you failed miserably by resorting to personal insults and repeated statements instead of boxing knowledge. You are not supposed to be insulted about someone challenging your views in a discussion forum, but I guess you're the type that just drops your all knowledgeable opinion on a thread and is satisfied with that. In that case I will no longer bother you by dragging you into a debate about boxing.

Frazier is not a "stupid ****" for not adapting after being nearly decapitated by a savage uppercut which left him staggering like a drunk around the ring, only sheer heart keeping on his feet from that point onwards.
greata,

i respect the class that you have
good right hand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #42
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: wherever my mind takes me
Posts: 789
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

frazier doesnt have the power to trouble tua????...and monte barret did???...IF frazier survives the odd power shot from tua, his superior workrate, movement and body attack wins him this fight..sure, i wouldnt rule out tua winning by ko, tua was a destructive puncher....but again, i think joe is relatively safe in the pocket and tuas powerpunches tended to be quite well telegraphed....im 70/30 in favour of frazier winning this despite reading all the posts..
bigG is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #43
jaffay
New Orleans Hornets
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 215
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Frazier was superior infighter than Tua and it would be a inside brawl. Tua had best success against Ike when he was outside. On the inside Ike took the first rounds clearly. When on outside Ike's jab was poor, he threw it a lot but with no damage. Ike also wasn't that hard to hit and Tua missed a lot. Prime Frazier's headmovement and balance was amazing. I think that it wouldn't be so easy for Tua to hit him clean.

I don't think that Tua had that kind of power like Foreman but he could drop Frazier in this duel. But Joe would go up and fight like hell. In the end I see Frazier winning on points.
jaffay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #44
nahkis
Robbed
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...again
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Frazier knocks him the **** out. Anybody who thinks otherwise should die of AIDS.
nahkis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #45
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,159
vCash: 1001
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post

alexvoce is not an example of what people in the Classic are like. In fact he's a nuisance to the forum and has made statements that should have already gotten him banned about Ali. There's just no place for that kind of talk in the Classic.

Good to know man. I used to admire the Classic section because it was filled with true boxing fans, and ones of a bit higher calibre then your average general forum poster. It seems to have taken a bit of a dive lately but hopefully its better posters (like yourself) keep it healthy.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013