Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #46
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2102
Default Re: Frazier Vs Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigG View Post
frazier doesnt have the power to trouble tua????...and monte barret did???.....
Thats a pretty dumb statement.

Tua OBVIOUSLY isnt the fighter, nor has the chin, that he did in his prime. I'd be assuming that this discussion isnt involving the Tua that Monte fought, and if you're smart enough to realise that a prime Tua could fight Monte 100 times and not be dropped once, you would also know its a pretty shabby and mute point to even bring up.

Not saying that Frazier couldnt have some success in hurting Tua, maybe he could, maybe he couldnt.... I agree with the rest of your post though.
kirk is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #47
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Tua might be able to engineer a shot against Frazier, but it's not certain. He would certainly never have beaten him.

He's not that good.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #48
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Tua might be able to engineer a shot against Frazier, but it's not certain. He would certainly never have beaten him.

He's not that good.
McGrain said so.
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #49
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When trying to determine a winner in one of these matchups, I try to stick to one good rule of thumb.......

Go with the better fighter.

No, I see what some are saying, and it's a pretty valid point. Tua simply isn't in Frazier's league as a fighter, but he had power to burn and was sturdy. He also started quickly, whereas Frazier showed some vulnerability early and took awhile to break down his opponents, at least ones that actually had some talent.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #50
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Thats a pretty dumb statement.

Tua OBVIOUSLY isnt the fighter, nor has the chin, that he did in his prime. I'd be assuming that this discussion isnt involving the Tua that Monte fought, and if you're smart enough to realise that a prime Tua could fight Monte 100 times and not be dropped once, you would also know its a pretty shabby and mute point to even bring up.

Not saying that Frazier couldnt have some success in hurting Tua, maybe he could, maybe he couldnt.... I agree with the rest of your post though.
fair point mate, my point was only to illustrate the ridiculousness of the claim that frazier doesnt have power to hurt tua...he dropped ali ferchrissakes, and the goat had an all time great chin...frazier constantly showed an ability to hurt fighters inside with his methodical metronomic body barrage..i dont doubt tua's chin can stand up to fraziers hook..but all night??....and i doubt his body could take the punishmnet as bodyshots COULD be said to have been tuas achilles heel...
bigG is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #51
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

This is how the fight would have gone :
Tua and Frazier coming off their corners , both jabbing to find the range , Frazier throws a left hook , misses , another one , lands , Tua still waiting , Frazier throws another , Tua counters , goodnight Frazier , the referee counts : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , (Frazier not moving , barely breathing) , 6 , referee waives off the fight as Frazier's team and medical staff are rushing into the ring with an oxygen mask , and after some 20 more alarming seconds , relief to all , Frazier manages to sit on his stool.

Larry Merchant : David Tua , first I want to congratulate you for your spectacular win . Did you feel , at any point preparing to the fight that it could end so quick ?
David Tua : I always prepare for 12 rounds , but this is boxing , you know , but Frazier is a warrior for accepting the fight with me , I take my hat off for him . If we fought another time , I believe he would last more next time .

Larry Merchant : Thank you very much and we wish you success in your next fights . Now we go to Frazier , I hope we will be able to hear his version of what we just saw happening .

LM : Joe , can I ask you a few questions ?
JF : [silence]
LM : ok , I see it is not one of his best nights , we will talk to him again as soon as we can.
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #52
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
You're just being an unreasonable ***** now. I gave you a chance to argue for a rather popular opinion around these parts (Tua is too strong for Frazier) and you failed miserably by resorting to personal insults and repeated statements instead of boxing knowledge. You are not supposed to be insulted about someone challenging your views in a discussion forum, but I guess you're the type that just drops your all knowledgeable opinion on a thread and is satisfied with that. In that case I will no longer bother you by dragging you into a debate about boxing.

Frazier is not a "stupid ****" for not adapting after being nearly decapitated by a savage uppercut which left him staggering like a drunk around the ring, only sheer heart keeping on his feet from that point onwards.

alexvoce is not an example of what people in the Classic are like. In fact he's a nuisance to the forum and has made statements that should have already gotten him banned about Ali. There's just no place for that kind of talk in the Classic.
David Tua is one of the hitting Heavyweights of all-time...

David Tua had a good workrate and stamina..

David Tua one of the best chins of the 90's...

Joe Frazier is gonna have to land a accumulation of punchers to make David Tua even think about being hurt. And everybody in boxing knows, the more times you punch, the more times you are open to be hit, and Joe Frazier was no Sweet Pea.

Joe Frazier will be hit, by a thunderous violent puncher..........called David Tua.

David Tua wasn't a bad combination puncher, and had very good technique, he;'s not re**** in the art of offensive. You don't have that many ****ing knock outs, a be a re****.........David Tua was a accurate and devastating puncher, all he needed was afew inches than BOOM...!!! it's home time..!!

All he needed was afew inches of space, then BOOM....GAME ****ING OVER.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ5Bw7D7RVM[/ame]

Some deluded Classic posters, are claiming that Joe Frazier could fight a in and out slick type of fight against David Tua..?

What Next Rocky Marciano, could do the shoulder roll defence..?

When footage shows that he does not have the ability to fight in this manner. Why didn't he attempted to adapt against George Foreman...? because he couldn't and he carried on doing the same thing he always does, try and duck and dive and swarm and applie pressure, and carried on getting knocked down again and again.....

Just like Muhammad Ali said, his ring intelligence was low, he was abit if a stupid fighter at times.

And that's how he would fight David Tua. David Tua has problems with slick fighters, like Chris Byrd, guys who can fight slickness of a black fighter.

Joe Frazier can't fight like that..............FACT.

Joe Frazier is not Pernell, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's will hit him, and his name is David Tua. Somewhere in the fight David Tua will hit him, he's not gonna have to run around all night looking for Joe Frazier.....? what next he could use the ring like Muhammad Ali..?

Deluded....

And I'm sorry, but in boxing. When a fighter has not a weak chin, but not a concrete chin/punch resistance. Sometimes when you face one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of 90's.

And you get hit, it's over, done....! no more.

Game Change, Match Change, Outcome Change.

Somebody said in match ups like this, you go with the better fighter technically.

Lets face facts, George Foreman was abit of a clumsy fighter. He throw punches very wide, neglected using straight punchers, fair enough he could block afew punches, but his defence was abit ****, he was abit of a re****. He had super human body strength, and good chin........and could hit like a express train.

Joe Frazier technically was a better fighter, if George Foreman had the chin of David Haye. He wouldn't of become world champion, and he of not been a all-time great.

Sometimes its that simple, in boxing they call it the equalizer. Joe Frazier technically was a better fighter than George Foreman, in terms of punching technique in my opinion.......but boxing is more deeper than that.

He just couldn't take his power.

Joe Frazier is ****ed against most of the hardest hitting heavyweights.............a pressure fighter swarming, who can't adapt his style to face hard hitting heavyweights...?

He's a dead man.

I would fancy Joe Frazier against Razor Ruddock, Tommy Morrison but that's about it.

He's dead against David Tua
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #53
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
David Tua is one of the hitting Heavyweights of all-time...

David Tua had a good workrate and stamina..

David Tua one of the best chins of the 90's...

Joe Frazier is gonna have to land a accumulation of punchers to make David Tua even think about being hurt. And everybody in boxing knows, the more times you punch, the more times you are open to be hit, and Joe Frazier was no Sweet Pea.

Joe Frazier will be hit, by a thunderous violent puncher..........called David Tua.

David Tua wasn't a bad combination puncher, and had very good technique, he;'s not re**** in the art of offensive. You don't have that many ****ing knock outs, a be a re****.........David Tua was a accurate and devastating puncher, all he needed was afew inches than BOOM...!!! it's home time..!!

All he needed was afew inches of space, then BOOM....GAME ****ING OVER.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Some deluded Classic posters, are claiming that Joe Frazier could fight a in and out slick type of fight against Joe Frazier..?

What Next Rocky Marciano, could do the shoulder roll defence..?

When footage shows that he does not have the ability to fight in this manner. Why didn't he attempted to adapt against George Foreman...? because he couldn't and he carried on doing the same thing he always does, try and duck and dive and swarm and applie pressure, and carried on getting knocked down again and again.....

Just like Muhammad Ali said, his ring intelligence was low, he was abit if a stupid fighter at times.

And that's how he would fight David Tua. David Tua has problems with slick fighters, like Chris Byrd, guys who can fight slickness of a black fighter.

Joe Frazier can't fight like that..............FACT.

Joe Frazier is not Pernell, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the 90's will hit him, and his name is David Tua. Somewhere in the fight David Tua will hit him, he's not gonna have to run around all night looking for Joe Frazier.....? what next he could use the ring like Muhammad Ali..?

Deluded....

And I'm sorry, but in boxing. When a fighter has not a weak chin, but not a concrete chin/punch resistance. Sometimes when you face one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of 90's.

And you get hit, it's over, done....! they there no more.

Game Change, Match Change, Outcome Change.

Somebody said in match ups like this, you go with the better fighter technically.

Lets face facts, George Foreman was abit of a clumsy fighter. He throw punches very wide, neglected using straight punchers, fair enough he could block afew punches, but his defence was abit shi, he was abit of a re****t. He had super human body strength, and good chin........and could hit like a express train.

Joe Frazier technically was a better fighter, if George Foreman had the chin of David Haye. He wouldn't of become world champion, and he of not been a all-time great.

Sometimes its that simple, in boxing they call it the equalizer. Joe Frazier technically was a better fighter than George Foreman, in terms of punching technique in my opinion.......but boxing is more deeper than that.

He just couldn't take his power.

Joe Frazier is ****ed against most of the hardest hitting heavyweights.............a pressure fighter swarming, who can't adapt his style to face hard hitting heavyweights...?

He's a dead man.

I would fancy Joe Frazier against Razor Ruddock, Tommy Morrison but that's about it.

He's dead against David Tua

Tua never beat anyone that good, lost to the three best HW's he ever faced, got firmly thrashed against the only other great HW he faced and I promise you, that had Lewis and Tua never fought, you and others like you would he whining that Lewis "couldn't take Tua's power" Tua really isn't that good.

He's certainly now, officially, the most overated fighter on this board.

Great fighters beaten - 0

Champions beaten - 0

Title defences - 0

ATG's he could beat - all, if you listen to his delusional nut-huggers.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #54
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

im not suggesting frazier will fight a slick in and out fight, im saying that he is a much better infighter with a much better work rate....if power is all in this argument, given that shannon briggs has more 1st round kos than anyone, does he beat frazier too...c'mon....im not a deluded classic poster, and im sure awake to the point that tua could, at any point, sparkle frazier should one of his, relatively speaking, ponderous, power shots catch joe....i just think in a war of attrition, frazier is the proven fighter, he can go to the trenches and display the heart, the willpower that got him thru so many tough encounters...tua has the ike fight....a fight he lost on the inside, and won from the outside..but ultim ately lost...frazier isnt gonna stand on the outside..his head will be on tua's chest all night and i really believe he wil break the kiwi rock's heart...
bigG is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #55
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
im not suggesting frazier will fight a slick in and out fight, im saying that he is a much better infighter with a much better work rate....if power is all in this argument, given that shannon briggs has more 1st round kos than anyone, does he beat frazier too...c'mon....im not a deluded classic poster, and im sure awake to the point that tua could, at any point, sparkle frazier should one of his, relatively speaking, ponderous, power shots catch joe....i just think in a war of attrition, frazier is the proven fighter, he can go to the trenches and display the heart, the willpower that got him thru so many tough encounters...tua has the ike fight....a fight he lost on the inside, and won from the outside..but ultim ately lost...frazier isnt gonna stand on the outside..his head will be on tua's chest all night and i really believe he wil break the kiwi rock's heart...

Yeah, we think you're great too.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wasnt suggesting classsic posters were deluded bro, was in response to another posters suggestion that we were..classic is my fav part of esb..
bigG is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #57
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
wasnt suggesting classsic posters were deluded bro, was in response to another posters suggestion that we were..classic is my fav part of esb..

No worries man, just messin'.........
Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #58
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

And what's this "we" Sal, huh? Huh? You think you can walk out on us and just walk back in and it's "we" all over again?
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #59
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
And what's this "we" Sal, huh? Huh? You think you can walk out on us and just walk back in and it's "we" all over again?

You all can't resist me and you know it......I mean, just LOOK at me.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #60
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

People might be surprised how fast/skilled Frazier could look like against a David Tua.

[DM]xf1ib9_frazier-chuvalo_sport[/DM]
TheGreatA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum