Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
boxer_jhelum

vCash: 500
Default Punch resistance question

Im starting boxing again after a long layoff, i currently weigh about 216 which is largely fat and some muscle (2 years as a bodybuilder steroids and all) at this weight when i spar with light-heavys i get buzzed , not rocked at all but sligtly buzzed.
I have a target to get to 175 by febuary my questions are

1. by moving down will i just make my chin worse, does fat and weight in general improve p/r or can conditioning and losing the fat can i develope more p/r

2. The light heavyweight i spar is very muscualr , is it normal for a heavyweight (untrained) to get buzzed by someone 50 lbs lighter?
boxer_jhelum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: Punch resistance question

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer_jhelum View Post
Im starting boxing again after a long layoff, i currently weigh about 216 which is largely fat and some muscle (2 years as a bodybuilder steroids and all) at this weight when i spar with light-heavys i get buzzed , not rocked at all but sligtly buzzed.
I have a target to get to 175 by febuary my questions are

1. by moving down will i just make my chin worse, does fat and weight in general improve p/r or can conditioning and losing the fat can i develope more p/r

2. The light heavyweight i spar is very muscualr , is it normal for a heavyweight (untrained) to get buzzed by someone 50 lbs lighter?
It is absolutely possible to get stunned by smaller guys if they know what they're doing, are considerably better than you and are repeatdely hitting you flush.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing