Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
PeterNielsen70
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Video: Calzaghe-Kessler toe-to-toe "headbutting"

Did Joe produce a little headbut around 0:19 in the clip - or does he just want to get intimate A lot of testosteron in the air!

BORKED
PeterNielsen70 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Video: Calzaghe-Kessler toe-to-toe "headbutting"

That Joe's a bloody good talker as well; he'll make a good boxing analyst once he retires.
Stickandmove is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterNielsen70
Did Joe produce a little headbut around 0:19 in the clip - or does he just want to get intimate A lot of testosteron in the air!

BORKED

Its a shame either has to lose. They seem like good guys. I like the fact that they were smiling at one another
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Apparently Kessler's not scared. I'm glad because that's the one thing that could ruin this fight; if Kessler freezes and gets battered.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1285

At the end of the day Joe will bow down to Kessler
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickandmove
Apparently Kessler's not scared. I'm glad because that's the one thing that could ruin this fight; if Kessler freezes and gets battered.
Yeah...he's not scared...good thing too!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Clearly Cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaakal
At the end of the day Joe will bow down to Kessler
More like he will be smashed down to Kesslers feet.
Clearly Cool is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

according to joe it was kessler who started it.

however maybe joe is just a little restless, because kessler did the same thing at their first press conference and joe just acted all cool about it.

this time i think it got under joe's skin a little bit.

from all the fights i've seen of both fighters one thing that strikes me as clear cut. joe is an emotional fighter, and hot headed at times. often i've seen him get tagged by countershots when he is in pissed off mode.

kessler on the other hand never allows himself to get ticked off. not sure if this is always the best idea but then again, he has won all his fights by remaining cool and collected. i think kessler wants to piss joe off on purpose.

im guessing that kessler thinks his best chance of landing flush shots is by making joe angry and throw those wide bombs. expecting this kessler will try to throw counter shots straight down the middle. just a hunch, but plausible.

hell, kessler has never been called on a foul to my knowledge were as joe has a few times been penalised for "cranky" behaviour.

by kessler stating that he'll ko joe. that joe doesn't hit hard, that joe can't do this and that. and also in two press conferences planting his forehead on joe's in a clear display of challenge, is all part of his gameplan.

kessler probably wants joe to charge at him with passion. like a bull out of the gate. i would not be surprised if he did a lot of sparring to mimic an all out aggro assault with no ryhme or reason. and kessler doing heaps of practice at timing the faster fighter with very hard countershots.

i seriously don't believe kessler thinks half the stuff he says. kinda similar to floyd mayweather. they might say this or that about their opponents abilities, but once they step foot in the ring, they are under no false illusions...

hell, calzaghe might already be believing some of the stuff kessler has said. i remember how determined he sounded when told by a journalist that kessler didn't think he hit hard. joe got that look in his eyes and said i can't wait to show kessler how hard i hit. could play right into kessler's trap if he's not careful.
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Clearly Cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterNielsen70
He did but it was countered.
Clearly Cool is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
according to joe it was kessler who started it.

however maybe joe is just a little restless, because kessler did the same thing at their first press conference and joe just acted all cool about it.

this time i think it got under joe's skin a little bit.

from all the fights i've seen of both fighters one thing that strikes me as clear cut. joe is an emotional fighter, and hot headed at times. often i've seen him get tagged by countershots when he is in pissed off mode.

kessler on the other hand never allows himself to get ticked off. not sure if this is always the best idea but then again, he has won all his fights by remaining cool and collected. i think kessler wants to piss joe off on purpose.

im guessing that kessler thinks his best chance of landing flush shots is by making joe angry and throw those wide bombs. expecting this kessler will try to throw counter shots straight down the middle. just a hunch, but plausible.

hell, kessler has never been called on a foul to my knowledge were as joe has a few times been penalised for "cranky" behaviour.

by kessler stating that he'll ko joe. that joe doesn't hit hard, that joe can't do this and that. and also in two press conferences planting his forehead on joe's in a clear display of challenge, is all part of his gameplan.

kessler probably wants joe to charge at him with passion. like a bull out of the gate. i would not be surprised if he did a lot of sparring to mimic an all out aggro assault with no ryhme or reason. and kessler doing heaps of practice at timing the faster fighter with very hard countershots.

i seriously don't believe kessler thinks half the stuff he says. kinda similar to floyd mayweather. they might say this or that about their opponents abilities, but once they step foot in the ring, they are under no false illusions...

hell, calzaghe might already be believing some of the stuff kessler has said. i remember how determined he sounded when told by a journalist that kessler didn't think he hit hard. joe got that look in his eyes and said i can't wait to show kessler how hard i hit. could play right into kessler's trap if he's not careful.
Good post!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Where is CHJ? Where is Amsterdam? Where is DanePug???
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Good post!
Yep, good post. Perhaps Mikkel is very smart indeed, and will be the first to really punish Joe for his temper.

''The most dangerous guy.............is the nice guy''
Mikkell Kessler 2007
Old 11-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickandmove
Yep, good post. Perhaps Mikkel is very smart indeed, and will be the first to really punish Joe for his temper.

''The most dangerous guy.............is the nice guy''
Mikkell Kessler 2007
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
JJ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1358

NO MORE MR NICE GUYS...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
JJ is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Having watched that clip, I'm left feeling very confident about Joe. He's very up for this fight. Good post by Dragosuhail though. Kessler probably does have a gameplan. That very well could be part of it. However, Calzaghe's absolute strength over everyone he's ever faced is that he's never had a gameplan. He's so good that he boxes the style he needs to to win that particular fight.

He outboxed Lacy & Brewer, he toe-to-toed it with Mitchell & Sheika, the tear up wasn't working with Bika so he started to box properly and beat him soundly. Joe is so adaptable. I can see the logic in Kessler winding Joe up though. He does get rash and frustrated.

I really don't see Kessler doing enough to win this on points though. And to put all your eggs into a KO shaped basket is risky - especially given Joe's chin. It's why I can't give Kessler more than a 35% chance of winning this fight.

I just hope for a fantastic tear up - both giving their best and Calzaghe pulling out a late stoppage after a war!
PrideOfWales is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum