Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default My latest Amatuer bout (1st senior one)

Feedback and thoughts very much welcome

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMrg-1fC4u4[/ame]

Im in the blue.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 742
Default Re: My latest Amatuer bout (1st senior one)

nice fight
cheech is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

were u from. cracking fight kept ur composure under his onsaught in first round then took over
anthony jr is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Cheers lads.

From North East Scotland
Old 10-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
marciano22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

That was a good fight, you use your jab which is great but try to employ it in a different way. In the first round when he was still storming in you did not control him with the jab. Next time when you have an opponent like this you should check the distance with your left, try to open him up with 1,1,2 or if he starts first, counter with straight right. This works if he is as open as he was at this bout. I won't go into other technical stuff because i am sure you are working on them.

Your straight right is to wide.

I can see you love to fight and thats great but at this stage every punch that lands on you is to much. Don't trade with punches at this level, save your body if you are serious. But again a good fight, post your next one!
marciano22 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

cheers pal good advice. I need to know my weaknesses to improve.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Chip
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Damn that was a bit of a war! Great fight man, well done for keeping your head in the first round, talk about pressure!
Chip is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Great fight, that was quality and I loved the pressure you poured on when you gave him the count, and then again when you finished him.

Also liked when you covered up and countered him with hooks, that's a very useful tactic to employ, especially under the current judging (punches landing on gloves have not been getting scored in major comeptitions over the last year or so).

Bet you that felt amazing?

You 17 now?
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Damn that was a bit of a war! Great fight man, well done for keeping your head in the first round, talk about pressure!
You wouldn't think I was going into that fight looking purely to box. In fact, out of all my fights this was probably one of my most controlled performances in terms of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Great fight, that was quality and I loved the pressure you poured on when you gave him the count, and then again when you finished him.

Also liked when you covered up and countered him with hooks, that's a very useful tactic to employ, especially under the current judging (punches landing on gloves have not been getting scored in major comeptitions over the last year or so).

Bet you that felt amazing?

You 17 now?
Cheers pal. Felt great to win everyone was saying I've been swaggering since. Just a nice confidence boost more than anything, as I was worried about my (supposed) lack of strength and secondaryly power.

Was 17 the day before the fight.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
Golden Boy 360
Boxing's Biggest Cash Cow
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

what weight?
Golden Boy 360 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

you did really well to tame that beast from the beginning. he came out like a whirlwind. some guys would get stopped in your situation but you kept moving your head, changing levels, stepping off and pumping those hands. all in all, it was a good performance by yourself. well done.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #12
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

holy shit, from 3.50 do you turn in to calzaghe! letting hands fly and calling the ref in. that is hilarious for a first senior bout.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #13
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

you are a good boxer but you got a bit of calzaghe in you i.e. you like a tear up. that is when you make yourself vulnerable but its also what allows you to force the stoppage. double edge sword.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

You've got some good fundamentals going for you Greg. Your jab is a decent weapon when you get it going, for me you need to use it more to establish your range because you look tall at the weight with quick feet, also I feel you need to double up on it a little more to try and keep your guy off balance and in an attempt to try and set that right hand up behind it.

Your reflexes are good, but sometimes you are getting caught with punches on the ropes, particularly that right hand on a couple of occasions. Your guard could be a little tighter there, and you try to fight your way off the ropes too much.

I watched this in the thread you made on the Classic and watched your last bout aswell, where I loved your body work. That is a real weapon for you and one you neglected a bit in this fight. Your left hook to the body is excellent in my opinion, and so is the way you can lead with it and put a right hook to the body in behind it. Use that as a weapon, but trust your physical strength more and push your guy away [like you did in this fight a couple of times early] to re-establish the range.

In terms of getting caught on the ropes, it happened quite a few times to be fair. You remained pretty composed while on it and I saw a couple of very good counters - another weapon for you imo - but it's not a place you really want to be with the advantages I feel you will often have on the outside, because you get dragged into a war again. You're often getting backed up in straight lines towards the ropes. When you see the other guy drop his shoulder and load up, double up on that jab and take a side-step away from it.

Your punching form is often better than your opponents, you are often quicker and your punches tend to be far more accurate, plus your bodywork is usually much better than the other guys, so you can sometimes get away with fighting in close quarters. But you make things a little difficult for yourself when I feel as long as you command the ring [i.e, get a feel for where the ropes up, don't get backed up in straight lines, and keep circling with that jab], you can box comfortably on the outside most of the time.

You are improving though. You have a lot of things going for you, you just get dragged into a fight a bit too much.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #15
Perky300
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1079

good fight mate! was really impressed with you at the end of the 2nd....covering up and countering

congrats
Perky300 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing