Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
ShamrockNapalm
Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1344
Default Re: On a scale of 1-10 how effective would you say the speed bag is for boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking View Post
Im the 1st to run to the speed bag and show off!
Same here it's almost like a race to see who can get there first
ShamrockNapalm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: On a scale of 1-10 how effective would you say the speed bag is for boxing

I recommend the speedbag bible , I can hit the thnig in crazy ways back forth, 3 times aat once , fist rolling double hit elbow into straight punches , funny stuff

not relevant to real punching though, but looks excellent , easily learned compared to skilled skipping for example. a couple months and you get it down
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 AM   #18
ShamrockNapalm
Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
I recommend the speedbag bible , I can hit the thnig in crazy ways back forth, 3 times aat once , fist rolling double hit elbow into straight punches , funny stuff

not relevant to real punching though, but looks excellent , easily learned compared to skilled skipping for example. a couple months and you get it down
Yeah the writer of the book has some videos on Youtube that I've watch. They've helped me learn crazy stuff like the things you talked about too. You're right though it's still not all that relevant to actual punching.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

One thought I had is a youtube video where Freddie Roach uses it to teach a hook. It made sense and I started using the drill. However, it is not the "traditional" way a speed bag is used.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #20
ShamrockNapalm
Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonLPC View Post
One thought I had is a youtube video where Freddie Roach uses it to teach a hook. It made sense and I started using the drill. However, it is not the "traditional" way a speed bag is used.

Yeah I remember watching that video a while ago. He teaches on how you should follow through on the hook so the bag should just sound like one big bang instead of a continuous back and forth batting. This drill is pretty good for accuracy I find.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #21
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I use it to warm up and for combination timing sometimes. Double end bag is better and more fun.

Like everyone mentioned, its good for the shoulders, triceps and a good way to get the heart pumping for some cardio.

I usually throw in a couple rounds in the beginning and maybe a cool down round at the end of the workout.
Slacker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing