Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default What gives ?!?!

Hatton beats Castillio and now everyone think he is in the driver seat to dictate action against floyd?!?!

Let put thing in perspective here Hatton beat Castillio, a good win for hatton , but the late Corrales also beat Castillio and there war with each other no doubt took its toll on both fighters.

Corrales was beat and out punched badly by Clotty and out boxed by joel , castillio looked less then spectacular in his fights with herman and Reyes where he seem to struggle more then normal.

Floyd does not need Hatton and can afford to put him on the back burner behind fighters like Cotto, and shane as well as Margarito if he should look good beating Williams .

Floyd can make 12 mill fighting these guy at home and with out having to haggle about catch weights and with a stronger claim that he is the best fighter p4p with any of the three name just mention .

IMO hatton is in no position to demand anything, hatton can conform to protocol or get the fuc out the way .

Last edited by pit; 06-28-2007 at 06:05 PM.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Floyd is the one jumping for the fight and begging to shut Hatton up, Ricky can fight easier fights for similar money at home it's Floyd that is so bugged by Ricky not the other way round.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
1-Ton
Walking in the Light
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 860
vCash: 1338
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

I don't know if Hatton can win, but I don't believe it's out of the question. His style, I think, will be troublesome for Mayweather.
1-Ton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
thunder06
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

People have wanted this fight to happen for 2 years. It better ****ing happen.
thunder06 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Floyd is the one jumping for the fight and begging to shut Hatton up, Ricky can fight easier fights for similar money at home it's Floyd that is so bugged by Ricky not the other way round.
Absolutely. Hatton could earn almost as much money from fighting Johnny Banjo from Baton Rouge!!
David UK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Floyd is the one jumping for the fight and begging to shut Hatton up, Ricky can fight easier fights for similar money at home it's Floyd that is so bugged by Ricky not the other way round.

so
its hatton who keep running his mouth , floyd can easily say **** hatton and go with some other sturdier name and make just as much money at 147.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Absolutely. Hatton could earn almost as much money from fighting Johnny Banjo from Baton Rouge!!
but it not going to get the p4p rating that he claims for , floyd is the p4p king from 130 to 154 he is the man to beat not Johnny Banjo.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
so
its hatton who keep running his mouth , floyd can easily say **** hatton and go with some other sturdier name and make just as much money at 147.
He was given a question that was only going to have one type of answer and gave a humorous response, if he had done a Kessler impersonation after the Castillo fight i could see your point but in the words of Ray Hatton "it was all done very tongue in cheek".
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,606
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Floyd is the one jumping for the fight and begging to shut Hatton up, Ricky can fight easier fights for similar money at home it's Floyd that is so bugged by Ricky not the other way round.
With the comment Hatton made after his fight with Castillo, he was CLEARLY calling Floyd out. If he backs down from Floyd's offer, it is nothing short of pathetic.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,606
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
He was given a question that was only going to have one type of answer and gave a humorous response, if he had done a Kessler impersonation after the Castillo fight i could see your point but in the words of Ray Hatton "it was all done very tongue in cheek".
Hatton was very deliberate with what he said, and meant it seriously and as a shot at Floyd. It was not sheer humour.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #11
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
Hatton beats Castillio and now everyone think he is in the driver seat to dictate action against floyd?!?!

Let put thing in perspective here Hatton beat Castillio, a good win for hatton , but the late Corrales also beat Castillio and there war with each other no doubt took its toll on both fighters.

Corrales was beat and out punched badly by Clotty and out boxed by joel , castillio looked less then spectacular in his fights with herman and Reyes where he seem to struggle more then normal.

Floyd does not need Hatton and can afford to put him on the back burner behind fighters like Cotto, and shane as well as Margarito if he should look good beating Williams .

Floyd can make 12 mill fighting these guy at home and with out having to haggle about catch weights and with a stronger claim that he is the best fighter p4p with any of the three name just mention .

IMO hatton is in no position to demand anything, hatton can conform to protocol or get the fuc out the way .
Floyd may be concidered higher on the P4P list

BUT

Hatton is higher on the PPV list - end of story. Undefeated records & past achievements aside, it's all about the money & Hatton is a FAR bigger draw in England than Flyd is anywhere.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Floyd may be concidered higher on the P4P list

BUT

Hatton is higher on the PPV list - end of story. Undefeated records & past achievements aside, it's all about the money & Hatton is a FAR bigger draw in England than Flyd is anywhere.
says who ?? Floyd can make just as much money fighting , cotto, shane or margarito and no one would care if he chose not to fight hatton in favor of these three .. Floyd does not need Hatton.. end of story ..
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #13
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Thuringia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 3818
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit

IMO hatton is in no position to demand anything, hatton can conform to protocol or get the fuc out the way .
I'm not sure how "making an offer" turns in to "demand anything". This is how negotiations work, and an initial offer of 10 million without any other publically released details sounds pretty good. It sounds like you just need a reason to be angry, or you're upset with how the fans are taking the offer on here, but there's nothing that Hatton's done wrong.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #14
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Posts: 328
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What gives ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
says who ?? Floyd can make just as much money fighting , cotto, shane or margarito and no one would care if he chose not to fight hatton in favor of these three .. Floyd does not need Hatton.. end of story ..
He may not need him but he does seem to want him. Maybe he thinks Hatton is the easist option available to him or maybe he was generally pissed at what Hatton said. If that is the case then well done hatton - it had the desired effect. Im just suprised PBF didnt start calling out castillo - he tends to prefer to fight the loosers of big fights first!!
Charles187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013