Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who Will The British Support?
Khan 156 80.41%
Maidana 38 19.59%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #61
DarkDestroyer83
Lunatic biker
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

I will support him as always.
DarkDestroyer83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #62
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Man View Post
I think it's getting very old that people are still going on about Khan's "dodgy" chin. He was knocked out by a big hitting Prescott, it wasn't a nobody, Khan fought Prescott when both of them were undefeated you have fighters like John Murray who has yet to fight a single undefeated fighter. He was knocked out because he got too confident and ****y, not because he has a weak chin. Saying he has a weak chin because he got knocked out by a huge puncher is like saying I have a bad stance because I got knocked over by a bus. That defeat has made him the fighter he is now. I hope Maidana catches him a few times so people can finally stop going on and on and on about his supposed weak chin. PS- Khan to win by UD.
It's not just the Prescott fight. Are you conveniently forgetting how he was knocked down for over 10 seconds by Limond, a light puncher? Seemingly writhing from Gomez's bodyshots. The Craig Watson 'chicken dance'? And yes, he was knocked out by the first decent punches landed by Prescott, Kevin Mitchell took his shots.

So to say he's not got a bad chin just because he was sparked by Prescott is disingenuous at best, or at least a failure to recognize the other evidence.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #63
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Man View Post
Thought I would make a thread to gauge what percentage of the British people here would support Khan and how many would support Maidana.

Its also interesting because the UK and Argentina have a bad history with the Falklands and Maidana said he in his mind this was not Khan -V- Maidana but England -V- Argentina, Its also interesting because Muslims especially Asians are not liked to say the least in the UK.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Most people I guess like myselfs are fans of boxing not fans of a particular fighter but if it was one or the other who will you be rooting for?
most of your posts seem to be about Khan ,you seem obsessed with him

also make your mind up is england v argentina?or uk v argentina
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #64
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Man View Post
I think it's getting very old that people are still going on about Khan's "dodgy" chin. He was knocked out by a big hitting Prescott, it wasn't a nobody, Khan fought Prescott when both of them were undefeated you have fighters like John Murray who has yet to fight a single undefeated fighter. He was knocked out because he got too confident and ****y, not because he has a weak chin. Saying he has a weak chin because he got knocked out by a huge puncher is like saying I have a bad stance because I got knocked over by a bus. That defeat has made him the fighter he is now. I hope Maidana catches him a few times so people can finally stop going on and on and on about his supposed weak chin. PS- Khan to win by UD.
Well, if the Prescott fight was the only incident then perhaps what you say could be right, But it isn't. The numerous events form his amateur days, comments from sparring, then came Limmond, then Gomez, more incidents in sparring.. all before the Prescott bout. He has a chin problem, he's learning to deal with it, theres nothing much more than that as it's not as if he can do anything about it, so he might aswell just go about making the rest of his game as could as possible to compensate and make some money while he can
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #65
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greenock, Scotland
Posts: 753
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Im scottish but will be rooting for khan
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #66
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 2019
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Khan for me.

Love how determind he is.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In The Blue Corner...
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Khan is a British Fighter, it's a no brainer if your British...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #68
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexar View Post
Threads like these aren't needed. It'll only stir up hate between the fans and the criticizers and Forums are really the wrong place to ask this type of thing.
england is a racist nation, it has to be excepted, keeping it of a forum won't help, though it will educate ethnic minorities what their up against in good old blighty
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #69
The Rain Man
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
england is a racist nation, it has to be excepted, keeping it of a forum won't help, though it will educate ethnic minorities what their up against in good old blighty
I agree that the UK has massive racism problems, But the only way to solve the issue is by talking about it. Atleast now in the UK we dont have open racism on national television, newspapers, radio and other media and not as much hatred being indoctrinated in schools, But there is still a long way to go.

UK today isnt the UK of the 1970s but its not the USA of 2010 either.

That being said looks like the majority support Khan over Maidana in this poll, So thats a good sign.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #70
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

I'm supporting Khan. Although I find his big fans very annoying and the level of ignorance amongst a lot of them is hugely irritating, at the end of the day they piss me off less than the ****ing "chin checker" idiots like Zakman.

Khan is also very skillful and British so my first feeling would always be to want him to succeed.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #71
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,488
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Why isn't this closer to 100% for Khan?

It would be a bit shocking if 17% of Argies were rooting against Maidana, don't you think?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 AM   #72
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Why isn't this closer to 100% for Khan?

It would be a bit shocking if 17% of Argies were rooting against Maidana, don't you think?
British mentality. Anyone successful invariably gets hated for being a "cunt". So Lewis Hamilton? Hated by loads of Brits. Khan? Hated by loads. Pretty much every football player? Hated.

Most pop or rock stars and TV presenters? Hated by many.

There are a few who manage to be popular by being very humble and not very celebrity like, but it's not easy. There probably isn't another country in the world where a top sports star would have a good chunk of his or her home nation wanting them to lose.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #73
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Man View Post
I agree that the UK has massive racism problems, But the only way to solve the issue is by talking about it. Atleast now in the UK we dont have open racism on national television, newspapers, radio and other media and not as much hatred being indoctrinated in schools, But there is still a long way to go.

UK today isnt the UK of the 1970s but its not the USA of 2010 either.

That being said looks like the majority support Khan over Maidana in this poll, So thats a good sign.
Hmmm, I'm not sure whether you are trying to say USA 2010 is less racist or not?

Fighters such as David Haye, Bruno, Eubank, they are black and had huge UK followings, huge amounts of British assumed Naseem Hamed was Asian and still followed him, so don't use the race bullshit.

Most of the mindless morons who say racist remarks about him dislike him to begin with and just say that shit as a means of expressing their dislike

More on topic, I'm British and I won't be supporting him, I don't really get the 'They are the same nationality so you must support them' thing. I want to watch the fight to see who wins, but I don't really care either way on the outcome, the more entertaining the better
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #74
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Man View Post
I agree that the UK has massive racism problems, But the only way to solve the issue is by talking about it. Atleast now in the UK we dont have open racism on national television, newspapers, radio and other media and not as much hatred being indoctrinated in schools, But there is still a long way to go.

UK today isnt the UK of the 1970s but its not the USA of 2010 either.

That being said looks like the majority support Khan over Maidana in this poll, So thats a good sign.
your right,90% of the asians around my town are the most racist bastards ive ever seen,hate the english with all there hearts.
anyway,im routing for khan,madina is a big puncher,but extreamly basic boxing ability,but big puncher, so props to khan for taking this
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #75
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will The British Support Khan Or Maidana To Win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
your right,90% of the asians around my town are the most racist bastards ive ever seen,hate the english with all there hearts.
anyway,im routing for khan,madina is a big puncher,but extreamly basic boxing ability,but big puncher, so props to khan for taking this
I'd give him credit, if it were not for the fact he either had to take the fight or give up his belt.
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013