Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Chuck Norris

Ok, I don't want a bullshit "chuck norris facts" thread..you can find a million of them..just some good thoughts on how tough chuck norris would actually be TODAY....at the age of 70...i have a feeling he could beat the hell out of the vast majority of guys on the street..and even could beat up some piss poor amatur mma fights. He was a champion in fool contact karate....has stayed in great shape...and has gotten a black belt in bjj....of course his timing could never be what it was in his prime..but your typical 25 year old jack ass who isnt trained in much of anything has no timing at all...so the question is...how tough is chuck norris...
Johnstown is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Chuck Norris

He's a God, just like everyone else with a lot of training, vs someone who never trained.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
unsigned_userv2
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
He was a champion in fool contact karate....
Was this intentional or just some coincidental typo?
unsigned_userv2 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsigned_userv2 View Post
Was this intentional or just some coincidental typo?
lol....accidental....i dont have a huge opinion of karate in general..but the form that norris did was more or less legit.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
Drunkenboxer
Least Eligible Bachelor

vCash: 844

Nice try.
Drunkenboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
lol....accidental....i dont have a huge opinion of karate in general..but the form that norris did was more or less legit.
full contact is legit, and a lot of the founding masters were black belts in judo as well.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
coog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Do you know what form or style of martial art Chuck norris got his black belt in? Tang so do . Just like tae kwon do
coog is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
coog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, I don't want a bullshit "chuck norris facts" thread..you can find a million of them..just some good thoughts on how tough chuck norris would actually be TODAY....at the age of 70...i have a feeling he could beat the hell out of the vast majority of guys on the street..and even could beat up some piss poor amatur mma fights. He was a champion in fool contact karate....has stayed in great shape...and has gotten a black belt in bjj....of course his timing could never be what it was in his prime..but your typical 25 year old jack ass who isnt trained in much of anything has no timing at all...so the question is...how tough is chuck norris...
hell dude I am 56 in excellent shape with a black belt in karate a wrestling and Judo- Sambo influence I could beat the shit out of most of the people on the street and a lot of amatuer MMa fighters even some pro MMa fighters because I have trained some.
coog is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

bump
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #10
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Man this the chance I've been waiting for.

**** OFF JOHNSTOWN!!!

Anyways, yeah. Not just Chuck, anyone who kept themselves in shape and is an expert in combat will beat any common Joe.

Guys like Don "the dragon" Wilson among others.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

At 70 and in good shape with lots of experience, he'd know how to tactically "survive" or "control" the situation, but if it got too physical you'd have to question his chance against even a strong fit guy who has never trained. I'm almost 40 and still in pretty good shape, but am very wary of the durability nad strength of a fit younger guy.

At the end of the day the mind may be willing but at 70 the flesh is very weak.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
At 70 and in good shape with lots of experience, he'd know how to tactically "survive" or "control" the situation, but if it got too physical you'd have to question his chance against even a strong fit guy who has never trained. I'm almost 40 and still in pretty good shape, but am very wary of the durability nad strength of a fit younger guy.

At the end of the day the mind may be willing but at 70 the flesh is very weak.
You are not even 40 yet and you feel like this? NOt trying to be insulting, but as a fellow almost 40 year old (I'm 3, I really don't feel inhibited physically in any way. I'm no Super Hero, but I've kept a rigorous workout schedule for the last 20 years, so I don't think I've declined much (I might have gained in some areas, especially in brute strength).
Is a guy in his late 30s old now?
I see what most 20-something guys do in a normal workout gym (Bally's, LA Fitness) as far as cardio, weight-lifting, etc., I don't really see them performing more or better than I do.
I realize fighting is a different physical area, but still, if you are fit, strong, and still relatively mobile and fluid, I don't see why you couldn't hang with most guys well into middle age.
Just my own food for thought.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
You are not even 40 yet and you feel like this? NOt trying to be insulting, but as a fellow almost 40 year old (I'm 3, I really don't feel inhibited physically in any way. I'm no Super Hero, but I've kept a rigorous workout schedule for the last 20 years, so I don't think I've declined much (I might have gained in some areas, especially in brute strength).
Is a guy in his late 30s old now?
I see what most 20-something guys do in a normal workout gym (Bally's, LA Fitness) as far as cardio, weight-lifting, etc., I don't really see them performing more or better than I do.
I realize fighting is a different physical area, but still, if you are fit, strong, and still relatively mobile and fluid, I don't see why you couldn't hang with most guys well into middle age.
Just my own food for thought.
i do think you start to lose that split second timing as you start to creep past 30 and by the time you get into your 40s it is really noticeable in most people. Having said that, thats timing of a fighter fighting another fighter..not someone who has been trained (hence knows where to put there hands and head and all that) against a guy who has never done a minute of training.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

of course many of these videos are very old

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED