Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #46
LONGROB
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calvin Brocks Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
Really, Brock seemed educated, well spoken, and polite during the Vlad press conferances. Brock didnt speak trash, or was disrespcetful in any way. He didnt seem like an asshole like many American fighters. Especially as rude as Ray Austin was, he really pissed Vald off, and he payed for it.
I've seen people speak to Brock and him completely ignore them. He is very short with most everyone. I can hardly get him to speak to me at times and I have known him for many years. He tried to get rude with Donnell Holmes a few weeks ago at an amateur card and Holmes jumped in his face and challenged him to a street fight. A friend of mine was a sparring partner for his fight tonight and said that he was getting upset and screaming at his Dad and Pea for really minor shit.
LONGROB is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #47
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Chambers will most likely outquick Brock and take a decision.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #48
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
Chambers will most likely outquick Brock and take a decision.
I dont think Chambers is that quick though. We will see, Chambers is short and chubby. The fight I seen against Rossy, he just stood on the ropes and countered.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #49
LONGROB
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGROB
Brock is not 6'2. He may be 6'1 in shoes. He is quite small when you see him face to face. He was in our gym a few weeks back. The owner of the gym, Joe Mayer is a legit 6'2 or 6'2.5. He was atleast 1.5 or 2'' taller than Calvin.
I'm quoting myself, haha. Showbox updated Brocks height for this fight at 6'1.
LONGROB is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #50
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Oh well. Chambers still sucks, Brock just sucked worse tonight...
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #51
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
Oh well. Chambers still sucks, Brock just sucked worse tonight...
Yeah right I'd bet you never saw chambers before,talking that shit

How the **** are you gonna say Chambers sucked??
He controlled inside and outside!

You're Out ya damn mind!! Chambers gave Brock a boxing clinic and forced Brock to back up and run. Not bad for somone 213 vs 241.

****in Povetkin is going down
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #52
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Yeah right I'd bet you never saw chambers before,talking that shit

How the **** are you gonna say Chambers sucked??
He controlled inside and outside!

You're Out ya damn mind!! Chambers gave Brock a boxing clinic and forced Brock to back up and run. Not bad for somone 213 vs 241.

****in Povetkin is going down
Chambers did suck. Brock was in horrible shape, plus he's not that good to begin with and he still had a pretty close match with him. I was hoping he would do better and throw more punches, but instead he gave away rounds by being inactive and let Brock have free body shots. If you're not joking about that Povetkin comment, then I don't know what to say to you. You'll be in for a surprise when they meet, because Chambers will be destroyed. He's worse than an old Byrd even. Byrd is years past his prime and he could have beaten Brock more impressively tonight.
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #53
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
Chambers did suck. Brock was in horrible shape, plus he's not that good to begin with and he still had a pretty close match with him. I was hoping he would do better and throw more punches, but instead he gave away rounds by being inactive and let Brock have free body shots. If you're not joking about that Povetkin comment, then I don't know what to say to you. You'll be in for a surprise when they meet, because Chambers will be destroyed. He's worse than an old Byrd even. Byrd is years past his prime and he could have beaten Brock more impressively tonight.
I'm not sure what you watched this evening

****ing bring povetkin!!! Too bad it wont be this quarter, i could use an easy jump on you in our prediction league

I promise Chambers will smoke Povetkin, tonights fightwasnt that close and comparimng him to Byrd??

We'll C........ We'll C
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #54
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
I'm not sure what you watched this evening

****ing bring povetkin!!! Too bad it wont be this quarter, i could use an easy jump on you in our prediction league

I promise Chambers will smoke Povetkin, tonights fightwasnt that close and comparimng him to Byrd??

We'll C........ We'll C
Wow, I thought you were kidding.

You really think this B level featherfisted defensive fighter will beat Povetkin? Chambers' punches will have zero effect on him and he will pressure Eddie nonstop for the entire fight. He's not gonna be like Brock who fights in short spurts and isn't explosive at all. He also won't gas out or let Chambers control him. Nobody even knows about Eddie's chin yet.. he seems like he's relaxed and could take a hit, but after getting in the ring with a real pressure fighter for the first time, he won't be so comfortable. Povetkin will be strong in the early rounds and strong in the late rounds, while Eddie will get weaker and weaker as the fight goes on. Povetkin mid-late stoppage with Chambers only getting moderate success landing ineffective counterpunches throughout the fight.

If you really aren't joking, I would like to make an avatar bet with you right now. How does this sound.. if Povetkin wins you'll have an avatar for a month. If Chambers wins, I'll have any avatar for a year. BTW, I'm already set to be #1 on the predictions league next week since Amsterdam picked Brock (unless Calzaghe loses and that Dane gets on top again).
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 06:20 AM   #55
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGROB
I saw Brock a few weeks ago. He did not appear to be overweight at all. I'm quite surprised that he's 241. I was at his home gym yesterday and they had a bunch of new fitness equipment which included huge truck tires & sledge hammers, olympic lifting platforms and rubberplates and a bunch of sandbags and other stuff that I have seen over at Ross' site. When I spoke to him he said that he is running very little. I guess we will see if he is new and improved or another Danny Williams.
Especially against a guy like Chambers, it would seem a better strategy to me to retain stamina and speed instead of building more strength.

I have to say though, that i'm glad at least those extra pounds seem to be muscle for most part. Better to invest in more strength than to invest in more hamburgers.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #56
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member

i like chambers, his fight vs rossy was a great skill vs size exhibition, but i don think he can keep the pace vs povetking for the full distance
Bobby is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #57
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseboi
Calvin Brock = USA's Danny Williams.
Well he aint that bad.But the hype that preceeded him wasnt warranted.As he was never that good in the first place.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum