Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #61
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ishida loses to Alvarez - another door closes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
This subforum is really quite a trip.

With seemingly only the most vague and tenuous of connections to him, the topic of this lousy "world title" fight winds up proving to be more about Anthony Mundine that it does about itself.

It's him or Green in this subforum. The British are no better - they just have a slightly deeper pool of obsessees to whom all paths of dialog lead.

Has anyone managed to have a look at this one?

The only other person on ESB as a whole that saw it, so far as I can tell, disagreed with my robbery assessment and had it a draw - but that poster is a Mexican...

I'm interested in hearing some objective feedback to see whether it was just me that thought Ishida got screwed (and in no way whatsoever was I rooting for him, to clear that up).
We have no way of watching this fight mate....I don't think anybody here could have seen it
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #62
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
We have no way of watching this fight mate....I don't think anybody here could have seen it
I didn't know if maybe it made its way online...but I just looked and it doesn't seem to have been posted anywhere as of yet.

It isn't exactly FOTY stuff; it just would have been nice to hear another scorecard besides mine, the judges', and another Mexican's...
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #63
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
This subforum is really quite a trip.

With seemingly only the most vague and tenuous of connections to him, the topic of this lousy "world title" fight winds up proving to be more about Anthony Mundine that it does about itself.

It's him or Green in this subforum. The British are no better - they just have a slightly deeper pool of obsessees to whom all paths of dialog lead.

Has anyone managed to have a look at this one?

The only other person on ESB as a whole that saw it, so far as I can tell, disagreed with my robbery assessment and had it a draw - but that poster is a Mexican...

I'm interested in hearing some objective feedback to see whether it was just me that thought Ishida got screwed (and in no way whatsoever was I rooting for him, to clear that up).

Would be interested to - but haven't seen it as yet.

Bottom line as far as Oz goes though, is that the soft target identified publicly by Mundine's trainer Flash Malcolm has lost and is probably no longer any use to them.

That's the danger associated with focussing on soft targets, others come up with the same idea and get to them first!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #64
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Would be interested to - but haven't seen it as yet.

Bottom line as far as Oz goes though, is that the soft target identified publicly by Mundine's trainer Flash Malcolm has lost and is probably no longer any use to them.

That's the danger associated with focussing on soft targets, others come up with the same idea and get to them first!
If it was the WBA "world title" that Malcolm and/or Mundine were eying, Rigoberto himself is probably a soft enough target to still go after it. I don't particularly rate Mundine but Alvarez is a very weak "champion".
Old 10-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #65
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
If it was the WBA "world title" that Malcolm and/or Mundine were eying, Rigoberto himself is probably a soft enough target to still go after it. I don't particularly rate Mundine but Alvarez is a very weak "champion".
Please dont wreck CHB's thread....hes trying to bag Mundine and saying choc could beat Ishida or Alverez wont help his cause
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #66
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Please dont wreck CHB's thread....hes trying to bag Mundine and saying choc could beat Ishida or Alverez wont help his cause
Saying he'd beat them isn't exactly meant as a huge vote of confidence!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #67
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

'Flash' identified Ishida as the soft target on the radio Ash - I don't tell 'Flash' what to say!

I thought you were aiming to become a bit more respected in the industry, and give away the nuthugger fanboy stuff?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #68
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
'Flash' identified Ishida as the soft target on the radio Ash - I don't tell 'Flash' what to say!

I thought you were aiming to become a bit more respected in the industry, and give away the nuthugger fanboy stuff?

Your right mate.......and I did stop for a while......however end of the day I'am a mundine nut hugger.....and its just too much fun winding you up mate....I cant resist
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #69
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Your right mate.......and I did stop for a while......however end of the day I'am a mundine nut hugger.....and its just too much fun winding you up mate....I cant resist

Ha! Ha!

I just enjoy, like many others here, deflating your wild Mundine fantasies before they get too out of control mate - that's all.

The only person that ever managed to wind me up here was 20a87 - and he felt the need to do a very hasty runner some time back!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #70
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Funny, CHB started this thread asking a legitimate question in light of the result of this fight and you've been all over it like a bad rash, yet you're trying to claim that you're winding him up

ashley-speak:

'Winding CHB up' = 'ashley making a stupid bloody fangirl fool of himself - again'
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #71
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Funny, CHB started this thread asking a legitimate question in light of the result of this fight and you've been all over it like a bad rash, yet you're trying to claim that you're winding him up...

Ash just totally loses it when it comes to Mundine, we all know that.

According to Ash I just bitch and bitch and bitch - and he claims he gets to me - LOL.

....and naturally enough it's all my fault 'Flash' labeled Ishida a soft target!

....it's probably my fault he's fighting Wood next too!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #72
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ash just totally loses it when it comes to Mundine, we all know that.

According to Ash I just bitch and bitch and bitch - and he claims he gets to me - LOL.

....and naturally enough it's all my fault 'Flash' labeled Ishida a soft target!

....it's probably my fault he's fighting Wood next too!
ash suffers from kneejerk reaction to criticism of Mundine, then goes away to think about it for a bit and realises when he cools down that he's acted like a muppet so he returns and tries to make out he was just on a fishing expedition
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #73
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
ash suffers from kneejerk reaction to criticism of Mundine, then goes away to think about it for a bit and realises when he cools down that he's acted like a muppet so he returns and tries to make out he was just on a fishing expedition
Yeah, the old ready-shoot-aim syndrome kicks in as soon as he sees the M word.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #74
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Funny, CHB started this thread asking a legitimate question in light of the result of this fight and you've been all over it like a bad rash, yet you're trying to claim that you're winding him up

ashley-speak:

'Winding CHB up' = 'ashley making a stupid bloody fangirl fool of himself - again'
and this come from the guy who has me on ignore

Your such a wanker
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #75
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
and this come from the guy who has me on ignore

Your such a wanker
Since when did I have you on ignore, or are you telling porkies again to suit your agenda?

BTW, I don't see you attempting to deny anything I say - I guess you're not as smart as you think you are

Any more earth-shattering news ash?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum