Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting > Non Boxing Betting

Old 05-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #44221
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: *** The official 2012/2013 NBA season shootaround ***

Wade needs to step up in the off-season to get proper treatment for his knees. He was right up there with Lebron when he finally got healthy. Now, we only see spurts.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #44222
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

If they don't make the Finals, or fall to San Antonio - honestly I think Flash should just retire. He is simply embarrassing himself at this point, and tarnishing his prime legacy. LeBron & the cadre of role-players they've put around him can make do without him.

All I foresee in his future is more injuries, more inconsistency, taking more and more of a cuckolded backseat to LBJ if they stay together, and the bitter pride-stinging disappointment of well below a max contract if he goes elsewhere.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #44223
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

I was gonna say, any promising shooting guards in next month's draft - but the Heat don't actually have a single pick due to various deals so nevermind.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #44224
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

The Wade retirement talk I think is a little premature. After next season however, when the big 3 can opt out of their contracts, and if he's still laboring with ongoing injuries, I think would be a more reasonable time for him to consider calling it a career.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #44225
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
The Wade retirement talk I think is a little premature. After next season however, when the big 3 can opt out of their contracts, and if he's still laboring with ongoing injuries, I think would be a more reasonable time for him to consider calling it a career.
I was definitely exaggerating somewhat, the guy could easily milk himself for another few AS years, but at the same time he really is beyond ever again being the face of a franchise or even someone that can be relied upon among the main contributors night in night out.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #44226
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
If they don't make the Finals, or fall to San Antonio - honestly I think Flash should just retire. He is simply embarrassing himself at this point, and tarnishing his prime legacy. LeBron & the cadre of role-players they've put around him can make do without him.

All I foresee in his future is more injuries, more inconsistency, taking more and more of a cuckolded backseat to LBJ if they stay together, and the bitter pride-stinging disappointment of well below a max contract if he goes elsewhere.
So, you wouldn't take Wade for Pierce? I would.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #44227
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
He is going to have to step up against Indiana because this is a series.
I just can't picture Indiana beating Heat. Too much Lebron in the end,Hibbert isnt dominant enough to win series on his scoring. And doubt Stephenson can continue to drop 20 throughout the series

Also expect more from Bosh than 7 and 3
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #44228
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I was definitely exaggerating somewhat, the guy could easily milk himself for another few AS years, but at the same time he really is beyond ever again being the face of a franchise or even someone that can be relied upon among the main contributors night in night out.
Kobe had pretty bad knees, and did that treatment in Germany, and that has extended his career. I'm thinking Dwayne can do the same thing. Of course, Wade doesn't have the competitive drive that Kobe has, but who does?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #44229
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Sledge View Post
So, you wouldn't take Wade for Pierce? I would.
There is a practical answer for that, and there is an emotional one. I am going to plead the fifth on both.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #44230
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Quote:
Agreed that his game has vastly deteriorated; it has even before his current injury, in fact. However, IMO, Wade can still be a contributer to a Lebron lead Championship caliber team for years to come. Especially if he is willing to take a significant pay cut, (which would probably be needed to bring in more talent to compensate for his reduced production.)
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #44231
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Sledge View Post
Kobe had pretty bad knees, and did that treatment in Germany, and that has extended his career. I'm thinking Dwayne can do the same thing. Of course, Wade doesn't have the competitive drive that Kobe has, but who does?
He doesn't have the competitive drive and with him it's been a significant chunk of his career spent on the mend. Kobe was never so brittle, and despite being older and playing hard didn't/doesn't have the same wear & tear.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #44232
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
He doesn't have the competitive drive and with him it's been a significant chunk of his career spent on the mend. Kobe was never so brittle, and despite being older and playing hard didn't/doesn't have the same wear & tear.
They also seem to be built differently. Kobe is thinner and more lean. Dwayne has thicker legs and body which probably means he weighs more and is putting more pressure on his legs. Kobe did lose weight for last season, although after his achilles injury he will probably gain it back. The question now with Kobe isn't really whether he will be elite again ( I doubt he can be), but if he can still perform and do ok in the last year or two of his career just to finish it on a high note.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #44233
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Yeah the heel is the one thing Kobe probably has lots more wear & tear on.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #44234
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
Agreed that his game has vastly deteriorated; it has even before his current injury, in fact. However, IMO, Wade can still be a contributer to a Lebron lead Championship caliber team for years to come. Especially if he is willing to take a significant pay cut, (which would probably be needed to bring in more talent to compensate for his reduced production.)
let's face it. Lebron is so good he could win a ring with a handful of teams. Put Lebron on either the Knicks or the Bulls and he wins rings. Lebron on the Pacers would be incredible with Hibbert. Wade and Bosh are pretty lucky to have Lebron,although they might not escape him when it comes to their legacies later on. Can you imagine Lebron with the Grizzlies? I know what you guys are going to say, what would those teams have to give up to get Lebron.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #44235
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
let's face it. Lebron is so good he could win a ring with a handful of teams. Put Lebron on either the Knicks or the Bulls and he wins rings. Lebron on the Pacers would be incredible with Hibbert. Wade and Bosh are pretty lucky to have Lebron,although they might not escape him when it comes to their legacies later on. Can you imagine Lebron with the Grizzlies? I know what you guys are going to say, what would those teams have to give up to get Lebron.
Lebron with Rockets
kwilson71 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting > Non Boxing Betting