RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
Great stuff as always on this thread.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out please. Just yesterday my father was handed some boxing bits and pieces by a guy whose name he doesnt even know. As i looked through it myself, believe it or not, there were a few photos of joe louis with the Krays and others. Now i know we have all seen pixs of these guys before but these pixs were genuine bonafide photos, there was even a list for a round of drinks written on the back of one (heathen), and i that makes them very special. I brought them to a photoshop today to see if the guy could clean it up a bit and he did a fine job., so what i want to know is; just how do i put them up on here for you boys to have a look at? I have a printer and stuff here but my knowledge is pretty basic to be honest.

Again i stress that they arent earth shattering or anything, but they ARE bonafide photographs and not copied out of a book or something, so i think that fact alone makes them of interest.

Can anyone help?
I'm not really totally up on it either really but I guess if you've got a good scanner or something you could upload them onto photobucket or Flickr or something and then attach the images from there using the URL addresses for each one?? Don't really know how you use those sites tho really - hopefully some one else could help as well? Any takers?? I personally would love to see the pics you have - god speed to you and get them on here soon
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #2162
kikibalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Great stuff as always on this thread.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out please. Just yesterday my father was handed some boxing bits and pieces by a guy whose name he doesnt even know. As i looked through it myself, believe it or not, there were a few photos of joe louis with the Krays and others. Now i know we have all seen pixs of these guys before but these pixs were genuine bonafide photos, there was even a list for a round of drinks written on the back of one (heathen), and i that makes them very special. I brought them to a photoshop today to see if the guy could clean it up a bit and he did a fine job., so what i want to know is; just how do i put them up on here for you boys to have a look at? I have a printer and stuff here but my knowledge is pretty basic to be honest.

Again i stress that they arent earth shattering or anything, but they ARE bonafide photographs and not copied out of a book or something, so i think that fact alone makes them of interest.

Can anyone help?
Uploading Photos

First, you need a scanner

Scan & save your photos on your computer. I like to save my photos on my desktop, I find it easier to find them, but you can save them where ever you want. Once you saved a photo you need to re-size the file, usually the files are too big after scanning, if you post a photo with its file too big, the photo will skewed the page on the site out of whack.

Resizing a photo

Find the photo you want to post and right click on it, on the windrow that opens you should see “edit”, if not L-click on “open with” and L-click on “paint”, now you should see “edit”, once you open edit you will see “Horizontal and Vertical” both will have the number 100 in a box, highlight the “100” on both and put in a number lower then 100, the lower the number you put in the box , the smaller your photo will be, once you do that click on exit (the red x), if you are happy with the size of the photo click “OK”, if the photo is still too big go back and do the same thing again with a smaller number. Once you are happy with the size of the photo, exit and click “OK”.

Uploading photos to Eastside Boxing and other sites

You need a program like “Photobucket”. If you don’t have a program like that already downloaded, do so. You can download it from the web. I use said program, so I’ll just go with it.

Open photobucket, click on “upload” click on “select photo and videos” now find the photo you want to post on your computer an L-click on it. Photobucket will upload it. Once the photo is on photobucket, L-click on it to enlarge it. Once you enlarge the photo L- click on “IMG Code” that should copy the file. Go to Eastside Boxing and paste the file by L-clicking where ever you want to post the photo…..Hope this helps you…

Last edited by kikibalt; 10-22-2011 at 06:51 AM.
kikibalt is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #2163
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibalt View Post
Uploading Photos

First, you need a scanner

Scan & save your photos on your computer. I like to save my photos on my desktop, I find it easier to find them, but you can save them where ever you want. Once you save a photo you need to resize the file, usually the file are too big after scanning, if you post a photo with the file too big, the photo will skewed the page on the site out of whack.

Resizing a photo

Find the photo you want to post and right click on it, on the windrow that opens you should see “edit”, if not L-click on “open with” and L-click on “paint”, now you should see “edit”, once you open edit you will see “Horizontal and Vertical” both will have the number 100 in a box, highlight the “100” on both and put in a number lower then 100, the lower the number you put in the box , the smaller your photo will be, once you do that click on exit (the red x), if you are happy with the size of the photo click “OK”, if the photo is still too big go back and do the same thing again with a smaller number. Once you are happy with the size of the photo, exit and click “OK”.

Uploading photos to Eastside Boxing and other sites

You need a program like “Photobucket”. If you don’t have a program like that already downloaded, do so. You can download it from the web. I use said program, so I’ll just go with it.
Open photobucket, click on “upload” click on “select photo and videos” now find the photo you want to post on your computer an L-click on it. Photobucket will upload it. Once the photo is on photobucket, L-click on it to enlarge it. Once you enlarge the photo L- click on “IMG Code” that should copy the file. Go to Eastside Boxing and paste the file by L-clicking where ever you want to post the photo…..Hope this helps you…
Thank you very very much for taking the time to type all that out. Im going to get the missus to read through this and hopefully help me.
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #2164
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
I'm not really totally up on it either really but I guess if you've got a good scanner or something you could upload them onto photobucket or Flickr or something and then attach the images from there using the URL addresses for each one?? Don't really know how you use those sites tho really - hopefully some one else could help as well? Any takers?? I personally would love to see the pics you have - god speed to you and get them on here soon
Thanks for taking the time to tpye this RSN, much appreciated
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #2165
kikibalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you very very much for taking the time to type all that out. Im going to get the missus to read through this and hopefully help me.
Glad to do it, I hope it helps you.
kikibalt is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #2166
kikibalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Danny "Li'l Red" Lopez v Raul Cruz
kikibalt is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #2167
kikibalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bobby Chacon v Danny "Li'l Red" Lopez

Referee is John Thomas
kikibalt is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #2168
kikibalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Danny "Li'l Red" Lopez & Bobby Chacon
kikibalt is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #2169
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

OSCAR BATTLING NELSON

Old 10-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #2170
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

JOE GANS LOOKING VERY GRAND

Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #2171
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibalt View Post

Danny "Li'l Red" Lopez & Bobby Chacon
Bravo!! Danny Lopez is one of my favorite fighters of all time!! Bobby Chacon ranks up there too..Danny not only knocked 'em out, he knocked 'em dead as well. just for the record, I think he would have beaten Chacon in a rematch...i
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #2172
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
OSCAR BATTLING NELSON

Rocky,been looking at photos of Battling Nelson all my life, but NEVER a cloise-up like the one above. All things considered no fighter in all history
was as tough and rugged as the Durable Dane !Look at those forearms,developed fighting long distance bouts,sans mouthpiece,with thin gloves. Keep em acummin R...
burt bienstock is online now  Top
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #2173
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Honey Boy Johnny Bratton in his pomp poses with Charlie Fusari

Old 10-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #2174
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Rocky,been looking at photos of Battling Nelson all my life, but NEVER a cloise-up like the one above. All things considered no fighter in all history
was as tough and rugged as the Durable Dane !Look at those forearms,developed fighting long distance bouts,sans mouthpiece,with thin gloves. Keep em acummin R...
Bitter rivals Nelson ,and Wolgast .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] The Dane below

Mean looking little ****er ain't he?

mcvey is online now  Top
Old 10-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #2175
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP