Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #2866
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Two Ton Tony contemplates his fate

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #2867
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

The Manassa Mauler

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #2868
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Surreal image of the making of The Computer Superfight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #2869
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

For fans of Smokin Joe

Fraziers finest hour

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #2870
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Leroy Haynes

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #2871
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
The Manassa Mauler

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rocky, No one OUTFIGHTS this Dempsey....
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #2872
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Rocky, No one OUTFIGHTS this Dempsey....
Certainly not the carefully selected guys he fought. All of the guys he ducked couldnt get close enough to outfight him.


Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #2873
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tywin View Post
Certainly not the carefully selected guys he fought. All of the guys he ducked couldnt get close enough to outfight him.


Sir, respectfully, if "all" the guys he "ducked" [ meaning Wills and Greb],
he did fight and had flattened, you 90 later would have found another excuse to belittle the man named Dempsey...You spout the same old ESB bromide that he ducked Harry Greb,who though my favorite fighter was a middleweight who Greb himself told a boxing writer, " after 5 or so rounds Dempsey would kill me "...Sure Greb beat Brennan and Tunney, but this prime Dempsey was a fast rough killer when young...Harry Wills and Dempsey DID sign for a bout which was cancelled cause the out of town promoter couldn't come up with the dough and lost his deposit...Of course this minor detail is overlooked by a clique of Dempsey revisionists...
Anyone who today on ESB who reviles Dempsey as a coward, shows a lack of understanding of those perilous times following the Jeffries/ Johnson
riots after the bout,across the nation...So to say Dempsey ducked anyone
means he FEARED any fighter of his day...It is them that feared the Manassa Mauler...
P.S. Dempsey would have as Ray Arcel said "a picnic" with the straight up
style of Harry Wills...Look at the photo above and try to deny he was a FIGHTER..
P.P.S. Joe Louis's braintrust, refused to have Louis fight LH Maxie Rosenbloom I recall, not that they thought that Louis coudn't beat the
rough and wily smaller Rosenbloom, but because he Louis would be made to look bad...A business decision...Dempsey I will repeat, was as tough and rough an hombre as the ring ever produced whether you like it or not...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #2874
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #2875
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Sir, respectfully, if "all" the guys he "ducked" [ meaning Wills and Greb],
he did fight and had flattened, you 90 later would have found another excuse to belittle the man named Dempsey...You spout the same old ESB bromide that he ducked Harry Greb,who though my favorite fighter was a middleweight who Greb himself told a boxing writer, " after 5 or so rounds Dempsey would kill me "...Sure Greb beat Brennan and Tunney, but this prime Dempsey was a fast rough killer when young...Harry Wills and Dempsey DID sign for a bout which was cancelled cause the out of town promoter couldn't come up with the dough and lost his deposit...Of course this minor detail is overlooked by a clique of Dempsey revisionists...
Anyone who today on ESB who reviles Dempsey as a coward, shows a lack of understanding of those perilous times following the Jeffries/ Johnson
riots after the bout,across the nation...So to say Dempsey ducked anyone
means he FEARED any fighter of his day...It is them that feared the Manassa Mauler...
P.S. Dempsey would have as Ray Arcel said "a picnic" with the straight up
style of Harry Wills...Look at the photo above and try to deny he was a FIGHTER..
P.P.S. Joe Louis's braintrust, refused to have Louis fight LH Maxie Rosenbloom I recall, not that they thought that Louis coudn't beat the
rough and wily smaller Rosenbloom, but because he Louis would be made to look bad...A business decision...Dempsey I will repeat, was as tough and rough an hombre as the ring ever produced whether you like it or not...

Maxie Rosenbloom was NOT Louis #1 contender for 7 years, or EVER for that matter.

Yes, Dempsey was a killer, and a fighter, and any other silly adjective you can come up with. But he was also over protected, over hyped, and certainly not unbeatable.

Had he been the invincible killer you claim he would have fought those guys you THINK he would have had a picnic with, beaten them easily, made career high paydays, and been paraded around like Alexander the Great.

Apparently Dempsey and his brain trust didnt have the same confidence in his ability as you.

Instead of spouting off about what that "out of town" promoter could or could not do why dont you actually do some home work and read about what went on with that "promotion." I know its harder than reading your daddy's dusty old ring magazines but you wont come off as so much of a brain washed hero worshipper.

Youre almost as bad about nuthugging Dempsey as Pepe/Duce is about tearing down Ali.
Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #2876
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tywin View Post
Maxie Rosenbloom was NOT Louis #1 contender for 7 years, or EVER for that matter.

Yes, Dempsey was a killer, and a fighter, and any other silly adjective you can come up with. But he was also over protected, over hyped, and certainly not unbeatable.

Had he been the invincible killer you claim he would have fought those guys you THINK he would have had a picnic with, beaten them easily, made career high paydays, and been paraded around like Alexander the Great.

Apparently Dempsey and his brain trust didnt have the same confidence in his ability as you.

Instead of spouting off about what that "out of town" promoter could or could not do why dont you actually do some home work and read about what went on with that "promotion." I know its harder than reading your daddy's dusty old ring magazines but you wont come off as so much of a brain washed hero worshipper.

Youre almost as bad about nuthugging Dempsey as Pepe/Duce is about tearing down Ali.
Mate I'm trying to be kind here but just do one ok - we've managed to keep this thread pretty devoid of juvenile stuff for getting on for 200 pages so please with respect take your shit somewhere else ok
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #2877
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Now folks lets get this thread back on target again shall we here's Sonny Liston not on target against the ever elusive Cassius Clay

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #2878
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Tyson Lewis 1984
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #2879
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

Great pic Theron - any more where that came from are welcome mate

Here The Rock against the aging Joe Louis

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #2880
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 1000
Default Re: classic boxing pictures

And trying to pin down Roland LaStarza

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013