Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Wlad-Chisora official!

Chisora has absolutely nothing to lose.

He hasn't even got above domestic class yet, so if he loses, he goes back to where he came from. If he wins, he's heavyweight champion of the world. Win-win.
onourway is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Hope Del Boy gives his best and lives to fight another day. He has bright future...this is as Slip said is a ''Poison Chalice''
You know what this is it, if he gives a good account of himself that makes his showing better than way more seasoned Ibragimov, Chambers, Peter etcetcetc and anything else is a bonus. Emmanuel Stewards (rightly) got Wlad so cautious now he's not the sort to go out blitzing a guy in the 1st round, so the damage this will do for Del imo is limited.

This is boxing people risk-reward is everything and in this case the potential reward no matter how unlikely faaaaar outweighs the risk
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

This is terrible. At best he gets KO'd early and his confidence takes a hit, at worst he gets destroyed and taken apart and it affects him very badly.

As for the so called 'money' and 'he could come out of it looking good' arguments, complete bullshit. Frank's already said the money is crap and there is no way he is going to look good. How's he going to look good if he doesn't land any punches? He'll just go into the Sosnowski bracket of fighters the Klit's have faced that have been completely overmatched, he won't be remembered.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
This is terrible. At best he gets KO'd early and his confidence takes a hit, at worst he gets destroyed and taken apart and it affects him very badly.

As for the so called 'money' and 'he could come out of it looking good' arguments, complete bullshit. Frank's already said the money is crap and there is no way he is going to look good. How's he going to look good if he doesn't land any punches? He'll just go into the Sosnowski bracket of fighters the Klit's have faced that have been completely overmatched, he won't be remembered.
But the Sosnowkis and Johnsons are much more experience than Del and have less scope to improve/come back better from the loss. Guaranteed his youthful exuberrance will mean he'l give it a go where others have been way too cautious and sure he'll likely walk onto 1 but I for 1 think he'l give Wlad things to conisder early on as no-one for a long time has come out to put him under pressure

i mean no Chisora is by no means a legitamate title contender but who is aside from Solis and Adamek at the moment? Over-matched-of course but have faith the lad is talented and wont be embarrased im sure of it
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I really hope that if or should i say when Del Boy is taking punishment his trainer protects him and calls it early. Don't **** about hoping for one punch once he sees it's starting to get to much for him and Wlad ups the ante then pull the lad. Don't let him take unnecessary punishment and also **** them cunts out there. Protect your fighter and his future and ruin there ****ing joke of a spectacle.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #21
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
But the Sosnowkis and Johnsons are much more experience than Del and have less scope to improve/come back better from the loss. Guaranteed his youthful exuberrance will mean he'l give it a go where others have been way too cautious and sure he'll likely walk onto 1 but I for 1 think he'l give Wlad things to conisder early on as no-one for a long time has come out to put him under pressure

i mean no Chisora is by no means a legitamate title contender but who is aside from Solis and Adamek at the moment? Over-matched-of course but have faith the lad is talented and wont be embarrased im sure of it
I'd argue Chisora's scope for improvement is EXACTLY why he shouldn't be taking this fight now.

People have actually been underrating him suggesting he take this fight. The reason being, supposedly, that he might not improve a lot and the implication being he'll probably lose along the way and not get himself into another position to fight for a title.

I think he'll get another chance, but clearly fighting Sam ***ton and then Wladimir Klitschko is not the smartest of moves if you want to give yourself any chance whatsoever of winning a world title at some point. Chisora thrives on the confident side of his persona, its part of him, you wouldn't do this with a supposedly 'top' prospect so I don't see why its reasonable to do it with Chisora, and thats what I mean by people underrating him suggesting this is a great option.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

That 'ah well, throw him in' type attitude is best reserved for no hopers like Jennings and Lockett. Sure, I'm all for that. That million to one shot...for fighters that are going stale at their current level and get a once in a career opportunity. Yeah, sure thats great.

Chisora is not the same. He's on the upward curve of his career progression and coming along quite nicely.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #23
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I'd argue Chisora's scope for improvement is EXACTLY why he shouldn't be taking this fight now.

People have actually been underrating him suggesting he take this fight. The reason being, supposedly, that he might not improve a lot and the implication being he'll probably lose along the way and not get himself into another position to fight for a title.

I think he'll get another chance, but clearly fighting Sam ***ton and then Wladimir Klitschko is not the smartest of moves if you want to give yourself any chance whatsoever of winning a world title at some point. Chisora thrives on the confident side of his persona, its part of him, you wouldn't do this with a supposedly 'top' prospect so I don't see why its reasonable to do it with Chisora, and thats what I mean by people underrating him suggesting this is a great option.
Sure, of course I totslly see your view and am certain you are not alone in it. My opinion as I say is that its not just a shot in the dark he can be the 1st challenger to give Wlad problems and that in itself will give him credit points. The exposure and respect earned is not to be under-estimated here either tffp the kids not dumb its a long game decision with a big outside chance of all his dreams coming true early. The Ł as you say is likely to be peanuts for a Heavyweight Title Challenger but a) Still the biggest payday he'd get at this stage of is career and give Del his dues at least he's honest when saying money's vital when sorting fights b) with the aforementioned exposure and respect he'll increase his fanbase, sell more tickets and get more options on fights down the line- financially it makes perfect sense.

Not kidding even the trolliest of trolls, had 2 Germans not been on the Mag7 bill it wouldnt have been broadcast in Germany, Chisora's impressive showing would not have been broadcast there and he wouldnt be on Wlad's radar. Opportunity knocks, like you say chances are he'd get another shot but nothings guaranteed in this game you gotta grab your chances when they come
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

how would this plan out with the ****** card?
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #25
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

So will Brits see it as a moral victory if Chisora pulls an Ibragimov?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #26
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

As long as his corners willing to pull him out if he's taking a serious beating then i say go for it. The experience will make him a better fighter.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Bad matchup for Chisora, lets hope he gains some experience and doesn't get too bashed up.

I'm predicting Wlad K.O 2
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 AM   #28
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Full credit to Del Boy for having the balls to get in there with Wlad.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #29
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Hope they start really pushing this fight now.

A British fighter challenging for the real HW title.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #30
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Props to him taking the fight but this is speaking volumes about the terrible landscape of contenders. They're simply disinterested in winning a title. They rather wait around and wait for Wlad to retire.
madballster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum