duran83
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe Vs Kessler: Steve Bunce Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Randsom
Kessler will crumble

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Written by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
on Friday, 02 November 2007

There's something about the way Mikkel Kessler's carrying himself. I think he'd rather be in front of 50,000 Danes than 50,000 Brits.
I think the occasion will get to him.
In the back of his mind, he knew that Joe Calzaghe and Frank ****** agreed to go to Denmark. Then Kessler's promoter had a heart attack and it ended up being in Wales.
I think, in the end, Joe will just know too much. Everyone knows how to beat Calzaghe. You have to stay tight and connect with fast punches, put him on the back foot and don't take any punches.
Just like everyone knows how to beat Floyd Mayweather or Ricky Hatton. I know how to break the 100 metres world record but it doesn't mean I can do it.
He could have fought Jones, Hopkins, provided he was prepared to fight for nothing and Frank ****** was prepared to lose 3/4 million quid - it made no common sense. I think it's a 12-round fight, but I think Joe will know just a little too much for him.
I like the conspiracy theory of the draw. I don't think the stories about Kessler's hands will have any bearing. I think Kessler like Joe is the type of fighter who fights with an injury. Like Joe, he injures his hand in every single fight. When you see the bandages cut off at the end, his left hand is always swollen.
It happens to so many big punchers. Naseem Hamed had terrible hands, so did Nigel Benn and Mike Tyson. When they're younger, the padding they give themselves is inadequate, so by the time they get older and start doing things correctly, the damage is done.
If he wins, I hope Joe fights Bernard Hopkins next because it will be a massive pay-day and Joe deserves that. I think Hopkins could have given Joe difficulty in his day but if they fight now, Joe wins. But how about a close one here and then we can all go over to Denmark and have 50,000 watching a rematch over there.

Does Joe just have too much experience and speed for Kessler?.

I think the fight will play out with Calzaghe dominating 1-5 with his hand speed and foot speed and out scoring Kessler. I think Kessler will then start to connect and get more confidence in 6-9 and be superior to Joe. I then think Joe will see the finishing line from 10-12 and win those rounds as Kessler becomes frustrated and reckless as he is behind on points.

I do like Bunce's point in nerves meaning that Kessler is poor for the first 5 rounds and that is why is loses the rounds.

I do not think Calzaghe is at all interested in a rematch if he gets a UD by the expected 4 point margin I see playing out in this.

Big payday with Hopkins??

Hopkins only got $3.5 million for the Wright fight, Calzaghe is getting $5 Million for his fight with Kessler, i think Buncy is over estimating Hopkins $$$$ power, yes Joe will be paid well but i doubt he gets much more than he would get with fighting any top contender in Wales.
duran83 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #17
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
But to be fair when 'old Buncie' was the Beebs number 1 boxing analyst the job consisted of watching Audley Harrision beat up nobodies and then telling viewers we'd just seen an ATG in the making.
Yep, and the very next day he would say completely the opposite in his newspaper column. The guy is full of shit.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
steve bunce is a ****in nob

Buncey does himself no-favours sometimes with some of the comments he makes.

I just don't see how Buncey feels Kessler will crumble? Kessler is not Lacy, you know Steve! Mikel has, so far, appeared to be calm, confident & low-key.

There's been no bad-mouthing, slagging each other off between Calzaghe/Kesser & that's nice to see. Both know the other man is coming to win & both will have to be at their best. Nothing else will do!

I wouldn't rule out a draw!

Last edited by Tko4; 08-27-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Danny is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Yep, and the very next day he would say completely the opposite in his newspaper column. The guy is full of shit.
Bingo!!! Thats exactly when he lost my respect. The Beeb were paying him so he said Audley needed plenty of learning fights then it was back to his news paper column slagging off the quaility of opposition.

I can still remember when the Beeb ditched Harrision, Buncie squealed like a pig on TV that we were seeing the back of potentially the best HW in history. Richie Woodhalls face was a picture, he didn't know whether to laugh, cry or just hide he was that embarrassed by it all.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #20
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

You know Steve Bunce didn't start this thread, right?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #21
Jepster
Almost Audleysome
ESB Addict

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
You know Steve Bunce didn't start this thread, right?
Hes got a point though Bunce is full of shite and he doesn't do proper research. He also stated that Kessler newer fought ouside of Denmark!! At least you gotta admire he can land such a job with his limited mental capabillities
Jepster is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #22
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I think pretty much everyone in this thread agrees Bunce is full of shit.....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Mate, this thread is full of Brits saying what an idiot Bunce is. He's no worse than many journalists, its just that he manages to get his mug on the TV as well.
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum