gemmell100 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #62
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127
Default Re: Frank ****** press conference today

Just Smith/DeGale is a bit of a let down, can't see where the other big fights would come out of to make this as exciting as the Mag 7
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #63
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

So what is the full set of fights that will be on the ppv that night including over seas fights?
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #64
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Buncey said there was a ''fantastic fight'' and so did Frankie Gavin. Where the hell is it?
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #65
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Larry-McDermott is confirmed.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #66
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

On sporting life...

James DeGale accepts he is taking a risk by agreeing to fight champion Paul Smith for the British super-middleweight title.
The rivals will meet at the Liverpool Echo Arena on December 11 as part of an event Frank ****** is staging to celebrate his 30th anniversary as a promoter.
Topping the bill will be WBO interim light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly against an as-yet unnamed opponent, but the first real test of DeGale's professional career will also be eagerly awaited.
The encounter represents a significant step up in class for the Olympic gold medalist, who has yet to be taken beyond five rounds in his eight fights.
In contrast Smith has a solitary defeat in 30 contests and seized the British title from fellow Liverpudlian Tony Quigley in October last year.
It is a brave move by DeGale but the 24-year-old insists he is ready to dethrone the champion in his own back yard.
"It's a big step up in class because Paul Smith is the best super-middleweight in Britain," he said.
"I used to watch him when we were in the England camp and I've seen him grow during his seven years as a pro.
"Of course it's a risky fight at this stage in my career but I have confidence in myself and my ability. I think I can win.
"I've got to go into the lion's den and prove I'm the best super-middleweight in the country already.
"I've been calling him out and I've wanted to fight for the British title, so now here's my chance."
Also on the bill will be Frankie Gavin, Billy Joe Saunders, Matthew Macklin, Kell Brook and Tony Bellew.
Televised on a big screen at the 11,000-capacity arena will be Derek Chisora's challenge for the WBO and IBF heavyweight titles held by Wladimir Klitschko that same night.
The task facing Chisora in Mannheim, Germany, is even greater than DeGale's appointment with Smith as Klitschko has been the outstanding performer in the division for much of the past decade.
******, however, believes the 26-year-old Chisora, from Finchley in London, can only benefit from such a steep learning curve in what will be only his 15th fight.
"It's a tough, tough fight for Derek because Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world," said ******.
"He's the most dominant in the division and has been since Lennox Lewis, but if desire, heart and guts win fights then Derek can win.
"As far as the bookmakers go there are upsets, otherwise the word wouldn't be in dictionary.
"Derek has the confidence to go out there and do it. He has got great sparring and nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
"Of course I'd rather he'd had a few more fights first and maybe it's come a bit too soon, but he's been driving me around the bend asking 'do you believe I can win?'.
"It's a hard fight but I believe he can do it. Win, lose or draw he'll get great experience from this and it could bring something out of him.
"If he wins he becomes a national hero by getting rid of Wladimir Klitschko."
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #67
gemmell100
FREE K KOKE
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
On sporting life...

James DeGale accepts he is taking a risk by agreeing to fight champion Paul Smith for the British super-middleweight title.
The rivals will meet at the Liverpool Echo Arena on December 11 as part of an event Frank ****** is staging to celebrate his 30th anniversary as a promoter.
Topping the bill will be WBO interim light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly against an as-yet unnamed opponent, but the first real test of DeGale's professional career will also be eagerly awaited.
The encounter represents a significant step up in class for the Olympic gold medalist, who has yet to be taken beyond five rounds in his eight fights.
In contrast Smith has a solitary defeat in 30 contests and seized the British title from fellow Liverpudlian Tony Quigley in October last year.
It is a brave move by DeGale but the 24-year-old insists he is ready to dethrone the champion in his own back yard.
"It's a big step up in class because Paul Smith is the best super-middleweight in Britain," he said.
"I used to watch him when we were in the England camp and I've seen him grow during his seven years as a pro.
"Of course it's a risky fight at this stage in my career but I have confidence in myself and my ability. I think I can win.
"I've got to go into the lion's den and prove I'm the best super-middleweight in the country already.
"I've been calling him out and I've wanted to fight for the British title, so now here's my chance."
Also on the bill will be Frankie Gavin, Billy Joe Saunders, Matthew Macklin, Kell Brook and Tony Bellew.
Televised on a big screen at the 11,000-capacity arena will be Derek Chisora's challenge for the WBO and IBF heavyweight titles held by Wladimir Klitschko that same night.
The task facing Chisora in Mannheim, Germany, is even greater than DeGale's appointment with Smith as Klitschko has been the outstanding performer in the division for much of the past decade.
******, however, believes the 26-year-old Chisora, from Finchley in London, can only benefit from such a steep learning curve in what will be only his 15th fight.
"It's a tough, tough fight for Derek because Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world," said ******.
"He's the most dominant in the division and has been since Lennox Lewis, but if desire, heart and guts win fights then Derek can win.
"As far as the bookmakers go there are upsets, otherwise the word wouldn't be in dictionary.
"Derek has the confidence to go out there and do it. He has got great sparring and nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
"Of course I'd rather he'd had a few more fights first and maybe it's come a bit too soon, but he's been driving me around the bend asking 'do you believe I can win?'.
"It's a hard fight but I believe he can do it. Win, lose or draw he'll get great experience from this and it could bring something out of him.
"If he wins he becomes a national hero by getting rid of Wladimir Klitschko."
"paul smith is the best super-middleweight in britain froch is alot better.
gemmell100 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #68
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

All in all its not a bad card and when u add it to Khan & Klitscko fights its better than most Sky PPV's (if thats what they plan on doing)

The issue I think most of us have is that we were promised multiple world title fights and there are none.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #69
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Poor old Frankie, he was a Magnificent 7 hero and now he's back to square one with the fans!!!

Who'd have thought it, eh?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #70
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

This was looking top draw when I thought we might get Cleverly-Braehmer, Bellew-McIntosh, Macklin possibly against Barker, Brook possibly against Jones and Wlad-Chisora thrown in.

Bit of a let down this domestic card. Khan v Maidana, Ortiz v Peterson and Kirkland against a decent opponent might make up for it though.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #71
HitmanHatton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
This was looking top draw when I thought we might get Cleverly-Braehmer, Bellew-McIntosh, Macklin possibly against Barker, Brook possibly against Jones and Wlad-Chisora thrown in.

Bit of a let down this domestic card. Khan v Maidana, Ortiz v Peterson and Kirkland against a decent opponent might make up for it though.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Looks like Kirkland's opponent has been sorted for December 11th.
HitmanHatton is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #72
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think degale thinks if he keeps saying he is the best smw in Britain, it will be true.
Izzy wizzy let's get busy. Abra cadabra! Ala Kazan, ala kazoom
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #73
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
The scene says opponents will be announced today.

Piss poor fights apart from Smith vs DeGale.

Frankie whats the major fight you said we would all love???*
Has Frank let you down now as well? Bastard!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #74
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Has Frank let you down now as well? Bastard!
no genuinley wondering what it was? obviously something fell through.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #75
funtime09
Contender
ESB Senior Member

See who macklin brook an cleverly an bomber fight before u moan an yh on Telly this time
funtime09 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum