Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #31
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Abraham vs Froch Press conference: Video and Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Abraham is gonna have problems if he doesn't hurt Carl at some point. I just think Froch can't get away with using his chin as defence in this fight. Abraham's defence will be the difference IMO, and even though he'll get outworked, especially early. He'll explode a lot of big shots on Carl and get a stoppage late on, whilst possibily behind on the cards.
I'd agree that abraham's defence is hard to breach,id like to see Froch step in a little bit when he throws the uppercut because Cleverly showed against a guy with similar defence in Murat that the uppercut thrown with serious intent at the right distance can really hurt the opponent even with the gloves up. Also, its a bit of a misguided theory that Abraham will outwork and hurt Froch late on. Froch has huge stamina and fitness,in that department Abraham will never of faced anyone like Froch before. Froch could really hurt Abraham late on.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #32
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Abraham stands there with his hands up "static", all Carl Froch needs to do is go to the body.

Unlike Abrahams recent fights, this fight will be a full-contact boxing match.......body shots aloud.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #33
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Abraham doesn't counter, he may change that approach but i doubt it but i'm sure he will fire back a bit earlier then normal. He's explosive when he does throw.

Froch needs to punch until he's finish then off at angle, not straight back in front of Abraham. I'd target body and loop shots round over and under. First punch straight to bring hands in then work around the gloves and then off at angle.

*Froch will not do any of the above*
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #34
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Jesus Christ -that Hennessey IS a fat ****er!
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
But still Jermaine Taylor, had to stop throwing body shots. Because Abraham was a shitbag, and he had the Ref on his side....
PK, other than your selective vision, a lot of those blows were landing low.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #36
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Carl Froch's jab is underrated aswell, thats what won him his fight against Jean Pascal in the second half of the fight.

But Carl Froch dose'nt seem to like jabs, he likes to throw that uppercut.

Base on Ken and Ryu's uppercut from street fighter.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #37
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
PK, other than your selective vision, a lot of those blows were landing low.
Show me some footage of these massive low blows.

Abraham can't take body shots.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #38
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Abraham doesn't counter, he may change that approach but i doubt it but i'm sure he will fire back a bit earlier then normal. He's explosive when he does throw.

Froch needs to punch until he's finish then off at angle, not straight back in front of Abraham. I'd target body and loop shots round over and under. First punch straight to bring hands in then work around the gloves and then off at angle.

*Froch will not do any of the above*
He's explosive when he throws Abraham but he rarely trades with the other guy. Only time he did was probably when he brutally knocked out Ghevor but he only opened up then because he knew he had Ghevor hurt. If he changes things up in this fight and goes after Froch early unneccesarily i think froch will put him down. Its like when Dirrell put him down in the 4th,he rushed at Dirrell with his feet and balance all over the place and got caught.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #39
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Any British people supporting Abraham are all sell-outs.
Then I'm a sellout. Get the **** outta here with that shit PK. I've analysed this fight, and I really believe Froch will get knocked out for the first time in his career. I don't normally make strong predictions like that, but in this case, I'm willing to risk looking like a fool. I made a thread on it where I stated my reasons why Abraham will win. Abraham is wrong for Froch, just wrong.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #40
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Then I'm a sellout. Get the **** outta here with that shit PK. I've analysed this fight, and I really believe Froch will get knocked out for the first time in his career. I don't normally make strong predictions like that, but in this case, I'm willing to risk looking like a fool. I made a thread on it where I stated my reasons why Abraham will win. Abraham is wrong for Froch, just wrong.
Slick fighters like Dirrell and Ward are maybe wrong for Froch.

But not static, turtle shell Abraham.........who can't take a body shot.

Abraham has no jab, he's static, and fights in bursts.

This is going to be a very violent fight.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #41
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
He's explosive when he throws Abraham but he rarely trades with the other guy. Only time he did was probably when he brutally knocked out Ghevor but he only opened up then because he knew he had Ghevor hurt. If he changes things up in this fight and goes after Froch early unneccesarily i think froch will put him down. Its like when Dirrell put him down in the 4th,he rushed at Dirrell with his feet and balance all over the place and got caught.
I agree with you totally. After the Dirrell fight day after it was, Sauerland said he already said he needs to start faster and do more. I expect him to engage earlier then what most people expect. He got to used to leaving things late against the lesser likes of El**** and Oral etc. He also working on his footwork in aerobic sessions.

I think if he leaves things late again he's in trouble because Froch defense was better against Kessler. Kessler scored a lot of bodyshots, Froch at times showed some smarts we rarerly see from him.

I see blood, i see knockdowns and i see Froch's hand raised when it's all said and done.

''And Once Again WBC Super Middleweight Champion of The World From Nottingham England Carl ''The Cobra'' Froch''!!!!
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
This is going to be a very violent fight.
We can agree on one thing.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #43
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

Well at least this fight is still happening. With Kessler and Dirrell out this thing is looking very barren, but this fight is still a *******. If it was this fight and then a final against Ward I'd be happy enough.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Funny listening to Froch still bitch about the Kessler fight. I guess he forgot the time Dirrell clowned him in his hometown and made him miss all night, yet Froch got the win. No problem with the judges there Froch?
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #45
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxingfan View Post
Funny listening to Froch still bitch about the Kessler fight. I guess he forgot the time Dirrell clowned him in his hometown and made him miss all night, yet Froch got the win. No problem with the judges there Froch?
You can't make comparisons between the 2 fights. Froch has a valid point. He went to denmark and went to war with Kessler,hurt kessler badly in the 5th,had him again in the 11th. Kessler hurt Froch in the 7th. Dirrell did nothing to warrant the win against Froch and wasway to negative. I'd have no problem if he got the win because it was a close fight,but this notion that he was robbed and schooled Froch was ridiculous. All ill say is Froch made a way better fist of trying to win in the other guy's backyard than Dirrell did.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum