LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75
Default Re: Miguel Cotto in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Ok just got back it. It was shit. Place was awash with UFC frat boys in their TapOut tee's. Never seen so many meatheads with tattoo's in one place.
I know Miguel was there yesterday but i didnt see him today. Maybe i got there too early i dont know.
Saw Wayne McCollough though and had a quick chat. Other than that UFC Expo's blow. Seni shits on it.
bit of a shame then pal
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #47
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Is Wanderlei Silva there by any chance?
ishy is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #48
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Is Wanderlei Silva there by any chance?
He was. The queue for him though was more than ridiculous. There must have been around 500 people in that line.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #49
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

A mate of mine who's at Uni down south just facebook'd that he met Silva. So now I'm begging him to get me a Cotto autograph if he's there. Not replying
ishy is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #50
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

**** yes, contact has being made
Hopefully he gets me an autograph if he sees Miguel
ishy is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #51
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto was spotted at the Earls Court Centre in London earlier today as part of the UFC Fan Expo. Cotto greeted throngs of supporters as he waited by the Ecko Unlimited Stand. Cotto has been sponsored by the Ecko clothing line for several years now and the Puerto Rico star seemed genuinely excited to be interacting with his fans in a new environment

“It was a pleasure for me to share my time with the fans,” Cotto stated. “I was happily surprised by how much my fans in this country know about me and my career. I have a new home here in London. I feel very happy to be a part of this great UFC Fan Expo together with my friends at Ecko Unlimited.”

Cotto is as classy of an individual as you will find in the sport of boxing and while it is good to hear about him meeting up with new fans, there is a definite sense of speculation as to what exactly will happen with his career in 2011. Cotto is coming off of shoulder surgery this past August and is going to sit out the remainder of the year before gearing up for another push after New Years.

Cotto was rumored as a December 4th opponent for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. but the contest now seems more likely for this coming spring as Chavez is in line to face Alfonso Gomez on the same date in Anaheim, California. Cotto turned down both Vanes Martirosyan and Kermit Cintron because he felt neither man presented the kind of daunting challenge that would be worth a grueling training camp at this point in his career.

In an interesting note, both Cotto and Chavez fought in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand on November 14th of last year with disappointing results. Cotto was stopped in the twelfth round by Manny Pacquiao as he surrendered his WBO welterweight title while Chavez won an uneventful decision over Troy Rowland that was later changed to a no contest after it was revealed the 24-year old had been using furosemide, an illegal substance, leading into the contest.

While that night put a damper on both of their careers, each man has rebounded impressively. Cotto moved up in weight to stop Yuri Foreman at Yankee Stadium on June 5th to capture a championship in a third weight class while Chavez put on a thrilling show in outfighting Ireland’s John Duddy over twelve fast paced rounds.

Las Vegas based Top Rank promotions, who handles Cotto, will likely keep his next bout in house. Cotto will surely have a keen eye on the November 13th Pacquiao-Antonio Margarito affair, as they are the only two men to defeat him thus far, while Chavez also remains an option. ***********/AOL Fanhouse’s Lem Satterfield recently revealed that Cotto is eager for a big name next year and that he stated rematches with Pacquiao or Margarito would play out much differently.

Fights with Chavez or Pacquiao could very well land in Las Vegas, likely at the MGM Grand, but it remains to be seen where a Cotto-Margarito rematch would take place, as the Tijuana fighter has still not been approved to fight in the state following his January 2009 suspension by the California State Athletic Commission.
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #52
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Ok just got back it. It was shit. Place was awash with UFC frat boys in their TapOut tee's. Never seen so many meatheads with tattoo's in one place.
I know Miguel was there yesterday but i didnt see him today. Maybe i got there too early i dont know.
Saw Wayne McCollough though and had a quick chat. Other than that UFC Expo's blow. Seni shits on it.
I got there at about 1.30pm and he was there. The que wasn't too bad, took about 30mins to get round, and the back of the que was right in front of Cotto so I just sttod there with a boner and managed to take a couple pics. The que was getting bigger though so maybe he just got there. Apart from having to stand in line with the TAPOUT crew, it was bearable. Finally made it round and just shutdown, couldn't think what to say, I'm not brilliant with people I've never met before and this person happened to be MIGUEL ****ING COTTO!!! I managed to say "Alright Miguel?" to which he replied "Hello" and I almost pissed myself that he actually spoke to me haha. Then I shook his hand which was tiny, I have girl hands and our hands ere similar in size. I got some random to take a pic then said "Cheers, Miguel" then Cotto's fat mate (the one from 24/7) took the piss out of my English accent a said "Cheers" in the stereotypical English accent followed by Cotto doing it as well lol. Although it was short and sort of a blur it was worth it. Miguel Cotto was great and I'm chuffed with the pic with him and a signed photo.
Cheers Miguel Cotto
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I got there at about 1.30pm and he was there. The que wasn't too bad, took about 30mins to get round, and the back of the que was right in front of Cotto so I just sttod there with a boner and managed to take a couple pics. The que was getting bigger though so maybe he just got there. Apart from having to stand in line with the TAPOUT crew, it was bearable. Finally made it round and just shutdown, couldn't think what to say, I'm not brilliant with people I've never met before and this person happened to be MIGUEL ****ING COTTO!!! I managed to say "Alright Miguel?" to which he replied "Hello" and I almost pissed myself that he actually spoke to me haha. Then I shook his hand which was tiny, I have girl hands and our hands ere similar in size. I got some random to take a pic then said "Cheers, Miguel" then Cotto's fat mate (the one from 24/7) took the piss out of my English accent a said "Cheers" in the stereotypical English accent followed by Cotto doing it as well lol. Although it was short and sort of a blur it was worth it. Miguel Cotto was great and I'm chuffed with the pic with him and a signed photo.
Cheers Miguel Cotto
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH FOR ****S ****ING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #54
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

man i couldn't go, missed the ****in opportunity FUUUCK
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #55
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

ahhh man i cant believe i missed the chance to speak to and touch (no homo) miguel cotto

i probably would have behaved like a school girl but ****
Old 10-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #56
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Cheers Miguel Cotto
lol at least u can go round telling people cotto and his mate took the piss out of your accent.

nice one.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #57
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
ahhh man i cant believe i missed the chance to speak to and touch (no homo) miguel cotto

i probably would have behaved like a school girl but ****
I put my ****ing arm round him mate. Our heads were so close when taking the pic I could've kissed him. I could even feel the heat of his body, which rather worryingly I was thinking at the time. So, no homo doesn't cover it, it was all gay from my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post
lol at least u can go round telling people cotto and his mate took the piss out of your accent.

nice one.
Yeah mate. I was debating whether to rip into their accents, but wisely decided against it.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #58
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

maybe its a good thing i didn't get to go, i would have tried to act all cool and casual but as soon as i go close to him i probably would have started behaving like a school girl meeting david beckham or someone.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #59
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cheers Miguel Cotto
That's pretty cool. Cotto seems like a good guy.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #60
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
**** yes, contact has being made
Hopefully he gets me an autograph if he sees Miguel
All it is, is some ink on paper.