Old 11-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #16
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mcintyre beats anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
He was in a bit of a war just short of 2 months ago - too soon to be back in the ring IMO, a good win for McIntyre, and Ive not seen the fight, but surely the Anderson that beat Mutley would have had enough to see McIntyre off?
..in a nutshell..Kevin needs to improve his defense...I have refereed some of his amateur bouts over the years...Gaelic youths, 4 Nations and Ireland V Scotland internationals and he was stopping most of his opponents, but like a lot young boxers who depend on power, his defense wasn't devoloped..I put that down to his coach...Kevin has had a lot of hard fights recently and he needs a rest...I wish him all the best in the future..
Pat Breen is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #17
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Dunky I must admit I was shocked. As you know I have become very fond of Ando having seen a lot of his recent fights from the Joshua Okine fight and my earlier debates with both Top Dog and yourself. I knew very little about Mcintyre but from my research was expecting Ando to win without much trouble.

I am glad he lasted the distance which proves what we have always noticed about him being a tough gutsy kid. The southpaw style seemed to bother him which is surprising as he has been in with top quality southpaws like Magee and Okine. I guess it just goes to show that we cannot take anything for granted in this great contest of boxing.
Thanks for the kind words Olu. Like yourself, I was shocked too. It wasnt even like it was Ando in there, it was like a shell of himself. he had nothing, even his punch resistance was gone. Only his massive heart pulled him through the fight.

But listen, its cos hes dead at the weight. Of that I have no doubt. One of my 'contacts'(listen to me, trying to sound important ) told me Ando was dead at the weight, after I had made the same observation here the night before. Ando looked shocing at the weigh-in, pale & gaunt. One of my pals actualy phoned me to tell me he was worried when he saw footage of the weigh-in(which I missed) Ando needs to step up in weight immediately.

Hey Olu, once again that fight makes Ajose looks better, as Gary Reid beat McIntyre. Just make sure your boy lands a world title to silence the doubters here once & for all. That will be sweet. Thanks to you, I have turned into a full blown Olusegun fan!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Thanks for the kind words Olu. Like yourself, I was shocked too. It wasnt even like it was Ando in there, it was like a shell of himself. he had nothing, even his punch resistance was gone. Only his massive heart pulled him through the fight.

But listen, its cos hes dead at the weight. Of that I have no doubt. One of my 'contacts'(listen to me, trying to sound important ) told me Ando was dead at the weight, after I had made the same observation here the night before. Ando looked shocing at the weigh-in, pale & gaunt. One of my pals actualy phoned me to tell me he was worried when he saw footage of the weigh-in(which I missed) Ando needs to step up in weight immediately.

Hey Olu, once again that fight makes Ajose looks better, as Gary Reid beat McIntyre. Just make sure your boy lands a world title to silence the doubters here once & for all. That will be sweet. Thanks to you, I have turned into a full blown Olusegun fan!
Thanks Dunky, we are focussing all our efforts to get Ajose further up the WBC ratings and to get the mandatory position and force a world title fight.

In my view I think with the guts Ando as shown he should be able to handle both Jamie Moore and Bradley Pryce at Light Middleweight. First I want him to have a good rest before he is back in the ring next year. Looking back at Ando's fights this year one thing in particular stood his victory over Eamonn Magee was better and more dominant than Ricky Hatton's over Magee
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #19
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought he looked a bit gaunt and pale too at the weigh in......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #20
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He looks like skeletor from he-man lol
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #21
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator
I thought he looked a bit gaunt and pale too at the weigh in......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Exactly kerrminator my good man. Kevin Anderson has the look of a man dead at the weight, his eyes were a dead giveaway.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #22
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Look guys this is simple, McIntyre didnt beat Anderson, Anderson was already beaten on the scales, he was totally dehydrated. Thats what happens when your manager doesnt give you enough time off between fights, it was only 7 weeks since Franny Jones. Kev was totally ****ed getting to the weight at short notice. ****, McIntyres brithday, xmas, and easter all came at the same time, I bet you he couldnt have even believed what was happening. **** I've witnessed Anderson absolutely bursting McIntyre down at Forgewood, Man he even stopped him in sparring in 2 rounds one time. Anderson wasnt even 20% of the real deal, he couldnt box as bad as that again if he had his two ****in hands chopped off. I believe he will come back and destroy McIntyre. Everybody knows that wasnt him, and guys must be queing up to fight McIntyre cause theyll see him as an easy touch, he wont hang onto title for long.

Last edited by janitor; 09-02-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog
Look guys this is simple, McIntyre didnt beat Anderson, Anderson was already beaten on the scales, he was totally dehydrated. Thats what happens when your manager doesnt give you enough time off between fights, it was only 7 weeks since Franny Jones. Kev was totally ****ed getting to the weight at short notice. ****, McIntyres brithday, xmas, and easter all came at the same time, I bet you he couldnt have even believed what was happening. **** I've witnessed Anderson absolutely bursting McIntyre down at Forgewood, Man he even stopped him in sparring in 2 rounds one time. Anderson wasnt even 20% of the real deal, he couldnt box as bad as that again if he had his two ****in hands chopped off. I believe he will come back and destroy McIntyre. Everybody knows that wasnt him, and guys must be queing up to fight McIntyre cause theyll see him as an easy touch, he wont hang onto title for long.
I agree with you that Anderson is a better fighter then McIntyre but surely if the weight making was a problem then the fact that the Franny Jones bout was not too long ago would have been in his favour rather than a negative. I reported that one of my friends had watched him train and not been impressed-
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #24
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
I agree with you that Anderson is a better fighter then McIntyre but surely if the weight making was a problem then the fact that the Franny Jones bout was not too long ago would have been in his favour rather than a negative. I reported that one of my friends had watched him train and not been impressed-

Well all I can say is, when most fighters finsh a title fight they normally go a bit mad on the eating, a few beers etc, and before you know it your a stone and a quarter over weight. (ala Hatton) Anderson is no different. The short time between fights, coupled with almost having a fight date forced on you by Sky, ****in just over 5 weeks notice, what a lot of ****e. The same happened to James Hare, when he fought Rivera (sure that was his name) he had a few quick wins and kept it going, turned up to fight this guy and looked a totally different fighter, he had nothing there, much like Anderson. Gilmour is a total fanny, thinks he knows what he's doing, and then does stupid things like that. If Kev trains properly, does the weight right instead of looking to dehydrate, he is easily the best in britain at welterweight. McIntyre wont hold the title long
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog
Well all I can say is, when most fighters finsh a title fight they normally go a bit mad on the eating, a few beers etc, and before you know it your a stone and a quarter over weight. (ala Hatton) Anderson is no different. The short time between fights, coupled with almost having a fight date forced on you by Sky, ****in just over 5 weeks notice, what a lot of ****e. The same happened to James Hare, when he fought Rivera (sure that was his name) he had a few quick wins and kept it going, turned up to fight this guy and looked a totally different fighter, he had nothing there, much like Anderson. Gilmour is a total fanny, thinks he knows what he's doing, and then does stupid things like that. If Kev trains properly, does the weight right instead of looking to dehydrate, he is easily the best in britain at welterweight. McIntyre wont hold the title long
gilmour is a fanny.........and his breath is honkin!!!!!!!

his golden boy's beat....added pressure for the morrison camp now!
maka is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #26
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
In my view I think with the guts Ando as shown he should be able to handle both Jamie Moore and Bradley Pryce at Light Middleweight. First I want him to have a good rest before he is back in the ring next year. Looking back at Ando's fights this year one thing in particular stood his victory over Eamonn Magee was better and more dominant than Ricky Hatton's over Magee
I dont know where to start with this post.

Anderson beats Jamie Moore and Pryce at light middle.... where is the evidence he can perform at this weight? Take a shot at the weight? Who has he beaten thats better than macklin (whos getting a euro middle shot soon) or Ljuan whos fought on the world stage. His defence was shocking throughout the first 3 rounds (thats as far as Ive got so far), punches were going straight through his guard. Ali outboxed him in his back yard, so quite how Jamie and Bradley are being disregarded is beyond me.

As for the magee part - are you mad, or just taking the ****. Magee was in his prime when he fought Hatton. When he fought Anderson he'd been hospitalised with 2 broken legs, told he'd never box again, had bloody ages out of the ring and was clearly, without question, a shadow of his former self. he had no movement at all, his counter punching had long lost its timing. All Eamon, (who is possibly the toughest and scariest man Ive ever met) had left was his heart and determination. You know your boxing, and should know your light welters / welters so Im doubly surprised you made that statement.

Anderson will be back at Welter IMO, maybe a change in his promotional camp is needed as the McIntyre fight seemed a pointless excercise so close to going through a helluva tough fight with Jones.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #27
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
In my view I think with the guts Ando as shown he should be able to handle both Jamie Moore and Bradley Pryce at Light Middleweight.
Olu....... Moore would eat Anderson for breakfast. And IMO Pryce would hammer him too. Kevin is a good fighter but he's no light middle threat.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #28
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Anderson's suspect chin will have him Ko'ed by Pryce and Moore.

If Muttley had finished him Mortal Kombat style Instead of boxing his head of he would of won too.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #29
ree

ANDO BEAT MUTLEY THOUGH WE COULD ALL KEEP SAYING IF ONLY THAT IS THE SPORT A HARD ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Anderson's suspect chin will have him Ko'ed by Pryce and Moore.

If Muttley had finished him Mortal Kombat style Instead of boxing his head of he would of won too.
ree is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #30
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Was getting beat till he turned It around.

Anderson never looked any different when he moved to train In Manchester either.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum