Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #61
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: HBO interested in Haye vs Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

Rob seriously where do you get this shit? Are you actually plucking these right out of your arse? It's ridiculous.
Everything he posts on here he plucks out of his arse.
TommyV is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #62
KERRZO
Glass Jaw
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

No way will Haye fight anywhere outside of Vegas should he go to America. I fancy him to take Adamek aswell if it happened!!!
KERRZO is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #63
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think Haye vs Adamek at cruiser would have been far more interesting.

At HW Adamek has very little to offer power wise.

I'm not sure two blown up cruiserweights fighting gets me that excited, though of course I'd be watching and a little interested.

This fight at cruiser would have been real tasty though, imho, sadly it was never to be.

*Booth himself states the stories about Haye struggling to make cruiser were untrue*
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #64
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
I think Haye vs Adamek at cruiser would have been far more interesting.
Does it make a great deal of difference?

I'm not entirely sure it does. The only difference is I believe Haye is probably a little healthier, bigger, stronger and more natural. Which can only be good.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #65
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I'm not entirely sure it does. The only difference is I believe Haye is probably a little healthier, bigger, stronger and more natural. Which can only be good.
I think Adamek posed a punching danger at cruiser, I think his only option at HW is to try and out point someone.

I feel the step up in weight has taken a lot more out of Adamek's game than it has Haye's.

Still having said that, at cruiser I'd have fancied Haye to win. I really do think it would have been a far more interesting fight though, with these guys fighting closer to what I think is their natural fighting weight. To me, Adamek at HW, just looks like the blown up LHW he is.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #66
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think Adamek posed a punching danger at cruiser, I think his only option at HW is to try and out point someone.

I feel the step up in weight has taken a lot more out of Adamek's game than it has Haye's.

Still having said that, at cruiser I'd have fancied Haye to win. I really do think it would have been a far more interesting fight though, with these guys fighting closer to what I think is their natural weight fighting weight. To me, Adamek at HW, just really looks like the blown up LHW he is.
So why would he pose a punching danger to Haye at cruiserweight but not heavyweight if what you're saying is true that he didn't struggle to make cruiser? I seriously doubt Adamek's become a lighter puncher by moving up in weight so you're implying Haye takes a better punch are you not?

I agree I don't think too much of Adamek has a heavyweight but matching him up with Haye, I don't think it matters too much its taking place at this weight. It's still Tomasz Adamek and David Haye.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #67
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

The extra weight certainly seems to agree more with Haye than it does with Adamek. Its def. to Hayes advantage that the fight happens (if it happens) at HW rather than Cruiser.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #68
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:

That's quite a lot, when you put all those factors together. I don't think it makes a huge difference, but it's definitely a closer fight at cruiser. Haye's athleticism, carrying the speed and weight better makes him the favourite at heavyweight.

Adamek was a bit of a 'beast' at cruiserweight, that fight with Cunningham showed a lot to me. It was a classic and Adamek displayed a few things that would've made a Haye fight very interesting, certainly more interesting then it would be now, although i still wouldn't mind seeing it. I just think at heavyweight Adamek doesn't have as much options, it's a less even playing field and Haye would be able to get off much quicker.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #69
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I seriously doubt Adamek's become a lighter puncher by moving up in weight so you're implying Haye takes a better punch are you not?
I just feel the move up in weight has taken more out of Adamek's game than it has Haye's.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #70
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

I think Adamek is pretty much the same fighter at heavyweight as he was at cruiser. The main problem he has is he really can't punch at this weight. He's still relatively very quick for the division, but lets be clear, he was never as fast as David Haye so at any weight there is always going to be a gap between them in that respect.

But really, the punching power doesn't come into play that much against David Haye at heavyweight. David hasn't really shown he can take huge punches at heavyweight yet, I don't recall any great shots he's been hit with which I suppose is a credit to what he's done so far. So its not really like we can say Adamek can't punch at heavyweight and David Haye having moved to heavyweight can take the punches of a heavyweight.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #71
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
I just feel the move up in weight has taken more out of Adamek's game than it has Haye's.

I think you're right.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #72
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I don't think Adamek can apply the same sort of pressure on Haye as he would at cruiser.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #73
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

I know it's a poor parallel, but this would be kind of like Marquez/Pacquiao fighting at a lower weight, then fighting at say 147. Marquez maxs out at that weight, while Pacquaio has to work to make it, which makes it more even, now i know the styles and a whole host of other things come in to it. But physical factors play a bigger part at a higher weight, especially above 200lbs.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #74
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Adamek's defence would likely cost him this fight anyway. He does a lot right offensively but he's prone to standing there in a fencing type stance with his hands not protecting his chin, Haye would time him over his jab, I think he'd struggle to deal with the handspeed and would not react quickly enough with that questionable guard to protect himself which was evident against Cunningham. Mormeck was particularly smart in the way he'd have his hands covering his entire head at times and he'd walk Haye down and down and not punch until he was in range which worked quite well. It actually took that peach of a bodyshot for Haye to get a clean target and I think Tomasz would offer far far too much target because he'd have ideas far above that.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #75
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Adamek is just a average fighter.

David Haye would spark him out..!!!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum