Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #31
Medicine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlikfan View Post
Philadelphia is probably the most racist city in America. They have a statue for a fictional movie character, but not a REAL HW Champion in Frazier.
Black people are the majority race here in Philly and our mayor is also Black.

It's bullshit that they have a rocky statue and not a Frazier statue, but it has nothing to do with racism.
Medicine is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #32
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
This shouldnt be about tourism, agriculture, geography, economics.

This is real personal stuff were talking about, it angers me that a rocky statue sits there while a REAL HUMAN BEING wakes up to see a fake fictional character preffered over him.

Those who watched, appreciated and remembered Joe Frazier will feel the same, and those who are ignorant and want fictional character should watch MMA or twilight

STFU fool !!

That would be one ugly azz statue scaring little kids n shit.

Calm down faggit
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 AM   #33
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 75
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
STFU fool !!

That would be one ugly azz statue scaring little kids n shit.

Calm down faggit
you clearly watch MMA or twilight, im sorry to have offended your feelings, I should know better than that.

BTW this isnt about the appearance! Unless you enjoy looking at the Rocky statue...

If so, i dont criticise you, i am not homophobic. You are still welcome in my house despite your confused ***ual orientation
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #34
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
whats up, did i miss the amazing james ellis of his amazing resume

i don't give a **** if he could beat david haye or not, that is just a pointless opinion with no fact behind it. the fact that you have to resort to that type of opinion as the best you can say for frazier just proves how weak his resume really is
Long Time No See

Dude, he won the biggest sports event in history. The Fight of the Century was the most important contest in boxing EVER. He also went to WAR in arguably the best FIGHT ever in Manila.

Frazier took apart the havyweight division over three years and ****ed up a bunch of contenders. If you want to strip champions as easy as you're doing then I could denegrate Tyson and Holmes using the same logic.

Frazier is far from over rated.
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #35
unsigned_userv2
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
This shouldnt be about tourism, agriculture, geography, economics.

This is real personal stuff were talking about, it angers me that a rocky statue sits there while a REAL HUMAN BEING wakes up to see a fake fictional character preffered over him.

Those who watched, appreciated and remembered Joe Frazier will feel the same, and those who are ignorant and want fictional character should watch MMA or twilight
Oh please, it is obvious you aren't being rational, since your post is entirely based on emotion.

Life sucks, but this is the reality:
1. The movie has contributed more to Philidelphia than Frazier's ring achievements. Rocky has been consistantly voted one of the greatest sports movies all time, and is apart of mainstream culture. The stairs have become a famous landmark, and tourists who come in obviously make a decent contribution to economy while they stopover.

2. Rocky culture has influenced boxing since its release: How many times do we hear the "eye of the tiger" or "rocky theme" as a boxing intro; or see Rocky used to reference the underdog/champion heart/iron chin/will to win from trainers/boxers/commentatiors; and see Rocky posters on gym walls.

3. The Rocky statue does not honour his "boxing accomplishments", so he is not even in the same category as Frazier. Will you only be satisfied if they change the city name to Frazierdelphia, and name every street Frazier Street, and declare seperate public holidays for all 32 wins and maybe a half day for his draw?

4. For the person who referenced the movie as fake azz (sic): Cinematography is an art form no different than music, paintings or statue sculptures. They have the power to influence people, develop ideas and can be a vehicle for social change. You should be able to get your head around that concept - it's the boxers who suffer brain damage, not you, so try utilising every last brain cell.


FYI I totally agree Frazier deserves a statue, but you don't need to crap on something totally unrelated or pull out the racism card.
unsigned_userv2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #36
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Maybe if Frazier passes away they will give him the repsect he deserves, legends are often only appreciated more when they are gone.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #37
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Maybe if Frazier passes away they will give him the repsect he deserves, legends are often only appreciated more when they are gone.

Frazier in death will be overshadowed by Ali just as he was in life,

people need to stop whining, You can bet your ass that Frazier wont be getting any kind of statue not until foreman and Ali get one first
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #38
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
you clearly watch MMA or twilight, im sorry to have offended your feelings, I should know better than that.

BTW this isnt about the appearance! Unless you enjoy looking at the Rocky statue...

If so, i dont criticise you, i am not homophobic. You are still welcome in my house despite your confused ***ual orientation
Thanks man will you let Tom Frazier in as well ?
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #39
RJD88
The Icon
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 555
vCash: 2492
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Joe deserves a statue, everything the man achieved was from hard work and a grind. A Gold medal and former Heavyweight Champion with a win over the majority pick for the greatest heavy of them all on his record? Of course he deserves to be honoured. Anyone that says other is just bullshitting. Smoke done it the hard way.
RJD88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #40
alexvoce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
Thanks man will you let Tom Frazier in as well ?
at least frazier would have fought for his country unlike that racist ***** ali he fought like a ***** and he was a *****. frazier was a true champion.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #41
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvoce View Post
at least frazier would have fought for his country unlike that racist ***** ali he fought like a ***** and he was a *****. frazier was a true champion.

Would have


**** it give him a statue: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Gorilla in Manilla !!
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #42
RJD88
The Icon
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 555
vCash: 2492
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvoce View Post
at least frazier would have fought for his country unlike that racist ***** ali he fought like a ***** and he was a *****. frazier was a true champion.
Stop shitting on Ali for not fighting in a bullshit war. He lost his prime and is still considered a top 3 all time heavy by most people. As for *****, tell me who Ali didn't fight? Man weren't scared of nobody.
RJD88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #43
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Bill Burr slaughtering Philly, mentions Frazier and Rocky

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4nSzE4N-o[/ame]
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #44
alexvoce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD88 View Post
Stop shitting on Ali for not fighting in a bullshit war. He lost his prime and is still considered a top 3 all time heavy by most people. As for *****, tell me who Ali didn't fight? Man weren't scared of nobody.
he was a racist *****, disgusting evil person. I wouldnt put him in my top 3, frazier beat him in the important fight good against evil despite the fact that frazier was nearly blind in one eye.

he was blatantly scared of foreman thats why he made sure it waqs humid made sure large ring with loose ropes then he just did the ropa dope coz he was scared to commit and throw punches if that was in usa with a normal ring he owuld have lost easily.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #45
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 75
Default Re: How the city of philly dissed joe frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
Would have


**** it give him a statue: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Gorilla in Manilla !!
not cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsigned_userv2 View Post
Oh please, it is obvious you aren't being rational, since your post is entirely based on emotion.

Life sucks, but this is the reality:
1. The movie has contributed more to Philidelphia than Frazier's ring achievements. Rocky has been consistantly voted one of the greatest sports movies all time, and is apart of mainstream culture. The stairs have become a famous landmark, and tourists who come in obviously make a decent contribution to economy while they stopover.

2. Rocky culture has influenced boxing since its release: How many times do we hear the "eye of the tiger" or "rocky theme" as a boxing intro; or see Rocky used to reference the underdog/champion heart/iron chin/will to win from trainers/boxers/commentatiors; and see Rocky posters on gym walls.

3. The Rocky statue does not honour his "boxing accomplishments", so he is not even in the same category as Frazier. Will you only be satisfied if they change the city name to Frazierdelphia, and name every street Frazier Street, and declare seperate public holidays for all 32 wins and maybe a half day for his draw?

4. For the person who referenced the movie as fake azz (sic): Cinematography is an art form no different than music, paintings or statue sculptures. They have the power to influence people, develop ideas and can be a vehicle for social change. You should be able to get your head around that concept - it's the boxers who suffer brain damage, not you, so try utilising every last brain cell.


FYI I totally agree Frazier deserves a statue, but you don't need to crap on something totally unrelated or pull out the racism card.
your right im not being rational at all, but that is because Im not a politician living in Philly. I have no economic gain for arguing the cause of a rocky statue over a frazier statue.

Rocky was a great film indeed, but Frazier has contributed to boxing as much as the films have. His fights with Ali, made Ali. And Ali is probably one of the most well known/respected figures on this earth.

If a Frazier statue was made in the 70s/80s (when he was still popular) then i have no doubt that it would be a great attraction for tourists, and good for educational purposes, teaching the youth on true legends like Frazier.
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013