Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
The main thing that convinces me that Haye will win is that he won't just stand there in front of Vitlay throughout the fight.

It's no co-incidence that his three best comeback performances have been against Peter, Arreola and Briggs - all seemingly flat footed, not giving any angles, fairly low output etc etc..... contrast that to Gomez, Johnson and to a lesser extent Sosnowski - all moved and offered a little something - well Johnson offered a clean pair of heels

The problem is that there isn't a fighter with the stones to really go out there and take it to Vitlay - the one time he's been in a genuine tear up he lost. He looks brilliant when he's allowed to dictate both the pace of the contest and the range..... teeing off on Peter and Arreola, looked pretty sick.
Haye wont either.

He ran all night from Valuev for Gods Sake.

He will be terrified of Vitali.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
Corrie Sanders had a go as well, and had Vitali in a bit of trouble at one point.
Yes.... I forgot Sanders - hurt him a couple of times and put him down.

It was a smart plan, not too dissimilar to how I'd like Haye to fight him, subject to Haye getting in there with him.

He's not as fast or agile as he used to be and is bound to be easier to time too, if David can get the right hand in there often enough.... with the combination of his speed he can certainly hurt Klitschko.

The one thing that would concern me with Haye is his average stamina - he'd need his legs in this one and won't get away with lapses in concentration that he was able to do against Valuev and Ruiz.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #18
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Haye wont be able to take the punches as well as a man briggs size.He is going to have to be really fast and pretty much avoid the right hand alltogether.Vittali did seem to be getting a bit tired at some points last night but I just think he is too much for Haye and wins by stoppage.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Uhm course Briggs was bad...? How could anyone look at that and believe he wasn't bad? He's 39 years old, and he hasn't aged well because of asthma and inactivity, he also weighed 260lbs compared to his prime weight of 230. He basically stood there all night with no movement, and after about 5 rounds he was too tired to properly defend himself. He was a sitting duck and a bigger puncher would have sparked him. Haye would have sparked him, so would Wlad. I'm not that impressed by Vitali throwing right hand after right hand against a guy with literally no defence and no movement, that isn't hard, a heavy bag is a more evasive target, at least it moves forward and back.

Vitali did the job well but there was nothing overly impressive about it considering the state of Briggs, if anything he should have KO'd the guy.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #20
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Shannon Briggs is better than anyone David Haye has faced at Heavyweight. David Haye would be throwing 5 punches a round VS Shannon Briggs.....
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #21
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Vitali looks awkward and even off balance at times, but he is accurate and when such a big man is accurate from range its so difficult to do anything but get stuck outside and eat shots, especially when inside he doesnt let you work, he just ties you up.
I saw enough last night, even against someone as poor as Briggs was, to think he beats Haye handily.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0OlgvoGWk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I've just seen this interview, and i take my statements above back..

David Haye would spark the fat bell-end out.

Shannon Briggs lost this fight in training Camp. Because he was to interested in being a fat bell-end......

Shannon Briggs is in hospital, i do hope he's ok to be honest.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Haye will have moments of success but thats not enough. You need to stand up to Vitali but Haye is not big enough and doesn't throw enough to take Vitali out his comfort zone. Vitali will KO him late once he has demoralized Haye.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #24
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

I've just seen this interview, and i take my statements above back..

David Haye would spark the fat bell-end out.

Shannon Briggs lost this fight in training Camp. Because he was to interested in being a fat bell-end......

Shannon Briggs is in hospital, i do hope he's ok to be honest.
I'm reading he has multiple fractures all over his face. I hope his corner is happy..
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #25
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Problem Briggs had, is that he was trying to draw VK into committing himself so he could counter, but that dictates that you draw VK into mid range, but here is the thing, anyone who watches the Klits, should know that they rarely ever concede long range, so you chances to counter and going to be few and far between, which is the kinda thing that will effect your output, the other side to that, is that it allow VK to establish a rhythm, build a momentum of pressure that starts to take its toll.

I willing to give VK the benefit of the doubt myself, he is almost 40 himself, so to perform like that, is impressive imo.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Look at this video. What the **** was the ref and Briggs corner thinking? It was horrible, the way they allwoed him to take that kind of punishment. Let's hope he's okay.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCkl_OIVIM&feature=related[/ame]
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #27
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Look at this video. What the **** was the ref and Briggs corner thinking? It was horrible, the way they allwoed him to take that kind of punishment. Let's hope he's okay.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Did Vitali even miss one shot during that round?

Pretty horrible mismatch, unfortunately the next 2 HW title fights are pretty much the same. Onwards to 2011 and hopefully at least one meaningful HW fight.
antcull is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

This is the thing Vitali's stamina isnt what it was. He couldnt put the shots together to finish Briggs when he was obviously ripe for the taking. there were a fair few times where a sustained barrage would have forced the ref to step in
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #29
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Why did Briggs come in at 260 though..? Why was he content with being a whale..??

Fair play to him, he was brave. But the man has so much more ability, and he pissed it down the drain with his ill preperations.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ben' View Post
Yes to every answer.
.....and no to every question?
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum