Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #31
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Why did he come in at 260pounds, why was he chatting shit in the lead up to the fight that he would come in at 240pounds...?

There is no excuse, no excuse for Shannon Briggs coming in at 260pounds. He's got no thyroid issues, there is no excuse.

I know Audley Harrison is gonna spark David Haye out, but he's right in some of the things he used to say about.......Heavyweights not living like proffessional athletes.

I agree..
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Why did he come in at 260pounds, why was he chatting shit in the lead up to the fight that he would come in at 240pounds...?

There is no excuse, no excuse for Shannon Briggs coming in at 260pounds. He's got no thyroid issues, there is no excuse.

I know Audley Harrison is gonna spark David Haye out, but he's right in some of the things he used to say about.......Heavyweights not living like proffessional athletes.

I agree..

This is true, and he's not the only one. The same goes for people like Chris Arreola, Sam Peter etc. These guys are not living the lifestyle, not living like athletes should. Arreola especially, because he's fairly young, but he's not gonna fulfill his potential because he's got no discipline.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #33
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Funny thing with Vitali, and last night gave some good examples, is how amateur-ish he is with some things.

Some times he was throwing his jabs and rights while square-on, feet dead side by side next to each other, no proper balance or footwork at all. People have mentioned his leaning straight back from punches before which is usually a big no-no, and he has a habit of not only carrying his left very low but letting his right stray downwards as well, particularly when he's feeling confident. The right straight is powerful but also fairly telegraphed.

But because he's so large, in very good shape and his reflexes are still good, plus that chin of course, he can completely get away with it.

It's like they used to say with Ali and RJJ. Natural abilities made up for technical shortcomings.

Very hard to say with Haye because, while no doubt at all that Vitali can punch his lights out, Vitali has not had to fight anyone with the potential slipperyness of Haye since he fought Byrd. And while Vitali's wiser than those days, he's also older and while Haye isn't as good defensively, he's a much better puncher. So it's a tough call to make.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #34
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
This is true, and he's not the only one. The same goes for people like Chris Arreola, Sam Peter etc. These guys are not living the lifestyle, not living like athletes should. Arreola especially, because he's fairly young, but he's not gonna fulfill his potential because he's got no discipline.
Chris Arreola is naturally a fatty, the same with Sam Peter. To be fair Sam Peter, was'nt in bad shape for him in his last fight.......

But Shannon Briggs was a lean, and athletic guy in his younger days. He has the genetics to be athletic and always in shape, but he decided to be a whale, these past few years.

I bet you he ****ing sweats, when he's eating his food.

He was a brave man, but lets be honest. It's his own fault he took a beating like that off VK.......he must of trained like a amatuer, i'm so pissed off with Athlete's like that. Fair enough it's a dangerous sport and they are sometimes paid millions, so atleast be ****ing proffesisonal during preperation

I hope he's ok in Ozzy.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #35
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He was a brave man, but lets be honest. It's his own fault he took a beating like that off VK.......
It was but his corner should also be feeling guilty. Letting a man take that kind of punishment. He couldn't defend anything. VK was landing at will. Look at the expression on the guys face, he was finished. I bet he was wishing that someone from his corner would jump in, and save him from his pride. His pride didn't allow him to quit, and I didn't like to see those shots bouncing off his face like that. It was sad to see, a 38 year old man, who was out of shape, taking that kind off damage.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I just heard unconfirmed rumour that Shannon Briggs is in a serious condition in hospital.

He's in intensive care.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #37
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I heard intensive care.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #38
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He got concussion.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #39
girv
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

His promoter has confirmed to Dan Rafael that he's okay, torn bicep and various other injuries but not intensive care.
girv is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #40
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Chris Arreola is naturally a fatty, .[/b]
Not true he fought in the amateurs at light heavy and he was in pretty good shape then
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #41
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Vitali did what I expected he'd do. But Briggs had more success in the first few rounds than I'd expected. let's not give Vitali too much credit for wailing on a guy right in front of him and still not stopping him.

It was a poor fight, with a fat, over-the-hill Briggs not even throwing his right with mean intentions after the third.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #42
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
I heard intensive care.
"His biceps is a very serious injury and they have to do surgery, and he'll probably be there for a week," Cohen said. "It might require more than one surgery."

Cohen said rumors that Briggs, 38, had suffered a brain hemorrhage were not true and that he was resting at the hospital and had even joked around with him before he left Germany.

"I wouldn't be here [in New York] if he wasn't OK," Cohen said. "He was in intensive care after the fight for precautionary reasons. The injuries are not life-threatening. He's just banged up, but it's not life-threatening or very serious. Other than the injuries I described, everything else is OK.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #43
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It was a poor fight, with a fat... Briggs
He may have weighed in heavier, but he wasn't fat.

'Hey fattie!!'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #44
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Vitali Vs Haye, Haye's stamina, not Vitalis, would be more of a concern.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #45
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Haye would've stopped Briggs if he was in there last night. The Haye that would come into a Klitschko fight would be levels above anything they have faced (collectively) over the past few years.

I used to think it would be a replay of Herbie, a couple of years ago but I honestly fancy Haye to do Vitali over the way he is now
Lilo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum