Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #46
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Haye would've stopped Briggs if he was in there last night. The Haye that would come into a Klitschko fight would be levels above anything they have faced (collectively) over the past few years.

I used to think it would be a replay of Herbie, a couple of years ago but I honestly fancy Haye to do Vitali over the way he is now
Haye's a lot smarter than Hide was. Plus, I'm not sure Haye's as chinny as lot of people make out.

I don't think Haye would just stand in front of Vitali - he had the energy to move all night against Valuev. He can obviously deal with size. Vitali's awkwardness and his reflexes mean Haye would need to watch out being caught by that slingshot jab on the way in though. But with good movement, explosive aggression (even if it is in spurts) and his accuracy - I give him a very good chance of beating the older brother.

Wlad's another story. But it's interesting that Haye's obviously working on negating Audley's jab with bobbing and weaving. Pretty much the only style that will give little Klit trouble at this stage.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #47
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315
Default Re: Was vitali really good? Or briggs really bad? and does haye beat vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I don't think Haye would just stand in front of Vitali - he had the energy to move all night against Valuev..

He was able to do this because Valuev's ability to cut off the ring is so bad and he never had to throw much leather.

I keep changing my mind on who is the hardest bro to beat, first it was Vitali, then it was Wlad for a long time, now its Vitali as i feel the only way Haye can beat either is by producing a Hayemaker on Wlads chin.

Haye hasn't fought anyone who can hit as hard as Vitali, certainly not Wlad. I hand on heart dont think he can take it. Down against Barret, never troubled in Nuremberg, the ropes held him up against Ruiz(tho obviously he wasn't hurt). He'll get stopped brutally by both bros imo. Early too.

Feels strange anaylising this, as the reality is it probably wont happen.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
And Vitali last night would destory Haye.
Haye has no chance against the 40 year old man and he knows it!!

What a sad state of affairs.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum