Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #16
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Briggs not in a good way...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Did you ever see Bob Sapp v Cro Cop?

Sapp ''owwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!''

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx9vRVVRQI[/ame]
Mandanda is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Did you ever see Bob Sapp v Cro Cop?
Yeah that was nasty.

I love how Wikipedia describes bob sapps defence......

"He also engaged in an ineffective but entertaining defensive stance consisting of cowering away from attacks and spinning around in a circle."
Will is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #18
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post

Sapp ''owwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!''

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Briggs takes orbital bone breaks like a real man!
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
i used to get problems with my nose in sparring, had it broke a fair few times, i just found it really umcomfortable to box with it pissing with blood, a solid jab and it would be on its way
Yeah i know lads like that, tbh i always say i rather have my cheekbone or eye cut then have nose down. Cannot stand when you get done on nose, i was lucky i wasn't a bleeder and if i did get a crack it wouldn't stream down. Until i wipe nose at end and see lil bloodstains. Hate when eyes water after as well embarrassing...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Yeah i know lads like that, tbh i always say i rather have my cheekbone or eye cut then have nose down. Cannot stand when you get done on nose, i was lucky i wasn't a bleeder and if i did get a crack it wouldn't stream down. Until i wipe nose at end and see lil bloodstains. Hate when eyes water after as well embarrassing...
i know think ur nearly in tears

did u have many fights
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #21
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
i know think ur nearly in tears

did u have many fights
Had 2 kickboxing bouts, never had any amateur bouts, The reason i quit amateur boxing was because there wasn't any fights. The amount of fights i had postponed or lads didn't show were ridiculous, i even had the weigh against one lad and they pulled him after i was on pads.

I was a big bantam for 13, he would of got muller'd by me..he didn't look great on pads, went over to Dagenham one night and the guy said that's 18 bouts no more now, i wanna get home tonight and left me and about 5 other lads standing there...

I was with Rosehill ABC..aka we only let our fighters box 2 times a year max. Went to various other clubs through south west London/surrey but ermm..lost love for the sport tbh mate, didn't watch boxing for couple year..felt betrayed by it, It's like a drug though..just can't stay away.

I sparred over 250 rounds...over a number of years..but never got a bout, 22 next week...i must admit i'm itching to get back in gym, Might head to Fitzroy and have a few sessions there and see if i still got any ability.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Had 2 kickboxing bouts, never had any amateur bouts, The reason i quit amateur boxing was because there wasn't any fights. The amount of fights i had postponed or lads didn't show were ridiculous, i even had the weigh against one lad and they pulled him after i was on pads.

I was a big bantam for 13, he would of got muller'd by me..he didn't look great on pads, went over to Dagenham one night and the guy said that's 18 bouts no more now, i wanna get home tonight and left me and about 5 other lads standing there...

I was with Rosehill ABC..aka we only let our fighters box 2 times a year max. Went to various other clubs through south west London/surrey but ermm..lost love for the sport tbh mate, didn't watch boxing for couple year..felt betrayed by it, It's like a drug though..just can't stay away.

I sparred over 250 rounds...over a number of years..but never got a bout, 22 next week...i must admit i'm itching to get back in gym, Might head to Fitzroy and have a few sessions there and see if i still got any ability.
very frustrating time then. should give it ago again pal, good luck if u do
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #23
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
very frustrating time then. should give it ago again pal, good luck if u do
Cheers LP appreciate it
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm exactly the same. I normally only notice my nose is bleeding when I see a little bit of blood on the dimple abouve my top lip. I hardly bleed at all. But there are a few guys down the gym who bleed like there is no tommorow. One of them just went and had the doctor put a hot element up his nose to burn the blood vessels to try to stop it bleeding so much, he has had this done about three times.

On thursday there was a wally sparring with a nose stud in. He got hit straight on it and you should have see the state of it, plus he lost the stud. He has been told so many times to take it out, but he knew better!!!

My eye's do water like a bitch when I get hit on the nose and I hate it but it is pretty strong and still pretty straight.
Will is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #25
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479

He was brave last night, you can't take that away from him. Hopefully he'll retire or stick to fighting cans if he really can't give it up.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #26
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I'm exactly the same. I normally only notice my nose is bleeding when I see a little bit of blood on the dimple abouve my top lip. I hardly bleed at all. But there are a few guys down the gym who bleed like there is no tommorow. One of them just went and had the doctor put a hot element up his nose to burn the blood vessels to try to stop it bleeding so much, he has had this done about three times.

On thursday there was a wally sparring with a nose stud in. He got hit straight on it and you should have see the state of it, plus he lost the stud. He has been told so many times to take it out, but he knew better!!!

My eye's do water like a bitch when I get hit on the nose and I hate it but it is pretty strong and still pretty straight.
u had many fights pal
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #27
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
u had many fights pal
Had a couple martial arts fights (karate when I was young.

4 to be exact. won 3.

Have been training pretty hard now since the end of Feb. Have dropped 2 stone since January and I'm gonna get in the ring fairly soon.

It clashes a little with my work (I'm a sales account manager) and they are not impressed at the moment as I turned up to a meeting with a black eye. But I am gonna start wearing a head guard (have always hated them) and hopefully that will solve most of the problems.

I will fight withing the next 6 months for sure I think. I will get a vid on here as soon as I do so you guys can tear me apart. My mate got some vids of us sparring so I may be able to give you guys a preview.
Will is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #28
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Had a couple martial arts fights (karate when I was young.

4 to be exact. won 3.

Have been training pretty hard now since the end of Feb. Have dropped 2 stone since January and I'm gonna get in the ring fairly soon.

It clashes a little with my work (I'm a sales account manager) and they are not impressed at the moment as I turned up to a meeting with a black eye. But I am gonna start wearing a head guard (have always hated them) and hopefully that will solve most of the problems.

I will fight withing the next 6 months for sure I think. I will get a vid on here as soon as I do so you guys can tear me apart. My mate got some vids of us sparring so I may be able to give you guys a preview.
dont be daft, be good to see ur fight, some sparring would be good to watch aswell
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #29
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
dont be daft, be good to see ur fight, some sparring would be good to watch aswell
I'll see what I can do.

I may get some more sparring footage as I think I have come on a long way since the last lot was done. Mostly my fitness has just got better as I was soooooo unfit. Honestly when I first got back in the gym I could have given butterbean a run for his money!!!

I'm very anylitical when I watch boxing. I used to swim county as a kid and I would spend hours watching a guy I trained with Matt Kid (he was the first brit to ever do a sub 50 hundred metres). I would then try and use what I saw in my technique. I'm the same with boxing and it's frustrating that my fitness won't allow me to use a lot of my skills. Over the last 2 months it has gone up rapidly and I now feel I'm owning guys in the gym that I used to struggle badly with.

Not gonna go pro or nothing, do it mainly for the fitness. But I'm highly competetive and want to see how good I can be. Only pain is I suffer from impingement syndrome in both shoulder which is a bitch. I'm gonna have to have surgery soon. I need to decide wether I fight before I have the surgery or not as the recovery is long.
Will is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #30
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'll see what I can do.

I may get some more sparring footage as I think I have come on a long way since the last lot was done. Mostly my fitness has just got better as I was soooooo unfit. Honestly when I first got back in the gym I could have given butterbean a run for his money!!!

I'm very anylitical when I watch boxing. I used to swim county as a kid and I would spend hours watching a guy I trained with Matt Kid (he was the first brit to ever do a sub 50 hundred metres). I would then try and use what I saw in my technique. I'm the same with boxing and it's frustrating that my fitness won't allow me to use a lot of my skills. Over the last 2 months it has gone up rapidly and I now feel I'm owning guys in the gym that I used to struggle badly with.

Not gonna go pro or nothing, do it mainly for the fitness. But I'm highly competetive and want to see how good I can be. Only pain is I suffer from impingement syndrome in both shoulder which is a bitch. I'm gonna have to have surgery soon. I need to decide wether I fight before I have the surgery or not as the recovery is long.
that injury is a bitch then. i think he can win ur first couple of fights on fitness. how old are ya if u dont mind me asking
LP_1985 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum