Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali
Old Foreman KO//TKO 12 27.91%
Old Foreman Decision 2 4.65%
Vitali Decision 23 53.49%
Vitali KO//TKO (i am dumb Klit-ite And overated his power) 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #16
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in a boxing gym near you
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Yeah but vitali is certainly capable of fighting the fight that Morrison and Moorer and so many others did against George. Foreman was simply too slow. Vitali would box circles around him and use his reach to keep Foreman missing all night. His jab would be a nonfactor.
Foreman was productive when opponents stood in front of him. Vitali is too smart to make those mistakes. He would win an easy decision.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
rinsj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 179
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

I think a better match would be the the Foreman of '89 who KO'd Cooney. George showed good movement and massacred a guy who was as tall as Vitali and also the same age as when Vitali fought Lewis. Of course Vitali is the better fighter compared to Cooney but I have little doubt this version of Big George would take Vitali out.
rinsj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17
vCash: 75
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiirdo View Post
Old Foreman gets destroyed. Old Foreman with a monocle however wins by brutal KO in the first round.
Boggle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
Prince
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Old Foreman diez in the ring...

Vitali beat prime Briggs into a coma...who pre-prime sodomized your hero.Old Foreman. I honestly don't know what that one judge was thinking, perhaps they were bribbed with a free Foreman Grill. After many rounds of man rape, Briggs was so moved by Foreman's willingness to be punished, he let him off the hook...and morons like you think it was close fight.

Prince is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #20
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Foreman would lose badly! No contest!
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #21
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Old Foreman, while having a tremendous story and being a very good fighter, simply doesn't have it for a top 20 ATG heavyweight. He is a H2H kitten, as it were, versus the greats.

Old George can't beat Vitali. He doesn't have a single tool to do so: His power lacks the snap and technique, he lacks the speed, he'd lack the strength to make a big enough imprint on the fight, the size to bully, and the skill to outbox.

And I love George. I was a training partner for 3 years and count him as a personal friend. He's just way more formidable a foe for a great fighter when he was a young man.
I agree with you. I'd also love to hear more stories about your training sessions and time spent with Foreman. What were some of the names of sparring partners (besides yourself) that Foreman routinely worked with? Any
guys give Foreman a lot of trouble in sparring? I read once that supposedly Samson Po'uha sparred Foreman and gave George all he could handle. Not sure how true that story is though. Also, was George always Mr. Nice Guy like he is in public? Thanks...and nice to have a guy like you on here offering your experiences and tidbits....
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #22
ATP
Fringe Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 644
vCash: 4000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I think people are underestimating comeback Foreman here, afterall he managed to be arguably more competitive against a Peak top 10 ATG, than Peak Vitali was against a very faded, old & undertrained one. I would have no doubts about picking '91 Holy to beat '03 Lewis. In this match-up, I think Foreman's piston-like ramrod jab potentially trumphs the overrated pawing one of Vitali & this version of Old George would land enough heavyhanded bombs to cut open the paper-skinned Vitali & rock him several times. Body punching could be important, as George landed some debilitating body shots on Holy & Vitali was gassed come round 5 against Lewis, likely due to the small amount of powerful body punches landed by the Champion. Do not be fooled by Foreman's weight, he was highly motivated going into his fight for the Undisputed Title with Evander & trained exceptionally hard for war. George would have the sheer physical strength to overpower Vitali in the clinches initiated by Vitali, once he becomes fatigued & hurt as he was against Lewis. Ultimately, I predict Foreman wins via late cuts stoppage. However, Vitali might be ahead on the judge's cards (especially if the judges are bias), so Klit-huggers would claim their hero "won the event" & "would have KO'd him in a rematch".




Your last sentence is gold kalasinn
ATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #23
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,771
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Yeah but vitali is certainly capable of fighting the fight that Morrison and Moorer and so many others did against George. Foreman was simply too slow. Vitali would box circles around him and use his reach to keep Foreman missing all night. His jab would be a nonfactor.
Foreman was productive when opponents stood in front of him. Vitali is too smart to make those mistakes. He would win an easy decision.
Foreman would not win a round. Foreman won maybe 2-3 round vs Holyfield, and was being shut out by Moorer until Moorer took a stupid risk, and got his suspect chin checked.

The only question here is does Vitali KO Foreman. I lean toward yes.

Last edited by Mendoza; 10-21-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #24
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thugz Mansion
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 600
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I think people are underestimating comeback Foreman here, afterall he managed to be arguably more competitive against a Peak top 10 ATG, than Peak Vitali was against a very faded, old & undertrained one. I would have no doubts about picking '91 Holy to beat '03 Lewis. In this match-up, I think Foreman's piston-like ramrod jab potentially trumphs the overrated pawing one of Vitali & this version of Old George would land enough heavyhanded bombs to cut open the paper-skinned Vitali & rock him several times. Body punching could be important, as George landed some debilitating body shots on Holy & Vitali was gassed come round 5 against Lewis, likely due to the small amount of powerful body punches landed by the Champion. Do not be fooled by Foreman's weight, he was highly motivated going into his fight for the Undisputed Title with Evander & trained exceptionally hard for war. George would have the sheer physical strength to overpower Vitali in the clinches initiated by Vitali, once he becomes fatigued & hurt as he was against Lewis. Ultimately, I predict Foreman wins via late cuts stoppage. However, Vitali might be ahead on the judge's cards (especially if the judges are bias), so Klit-huggers would claim their hero "won the event" & "would have KO'd him in a rematch".
V.good analysis
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #25
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

I think a 1991 Foreman is every bit as good as a 2003 Lennox Lewis.

I believe that version of Foreman has become underrated, and the Lewis of the early 2000s is overrated.

Vitali v. Lennox was a contest of slow lumbering giants just teeing off power punches on one another. 1991 Foreman would fit in perfectly, and I believe his stamina would hold up better too, the man was so relaxed in his mature incarnation.

A 1991 Foreman beats a 2000 Tua and a 2001 Rahman and a 2002 Tyson too, I reckon. I don't mean to shit on LL's glorious reign but that's my judgment.
Those guys were cannon fodder for Foreman's mode of fighting.

2003 Vitali v 1991 Foreman ? I don't know. I really fail to see why Vitali Klitschko is rated so highly for getting his face torn open in his prime in a scrappy slugfest against an ageing fighter.
I can at least see why some might give Foreman his props for going 12 against a prime 28 year-old Holyfield at the age of 42.

I suspect a lot of it comes down to the way these events were presented and marketed by HBO.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #26
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,771
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Amazing. Foreman was out boxed by Tommy Morrison. Before that his face looked like lumps of silly puddy vs Stewart who really was not that good. When he stepped up to meet Holy, who forced exchanges which is the only time Foreman shined it was a one sided fight. Foreman did beat Morrer, but Morrer was easily out boxing him and had a suspect chin. Vitali would not go down from the blows Foreman landed on Morrer, in fact he would be less likely to even land them. I can't see how anyone here thinks Formean is going to win. It would be a massacre. Vitali wins easy.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #27
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
Nice job at picking the worst performance of one fighter, while choosing one of the very best of another to best suit your argument... Now, would you care to use some other examples and dare I ask, provide a sylistic analysis?
How can you accuse him of picking one of Foreman's best performances against one of Vitali's worst ?

Vitali was in his prime in 2003.
Foreman was old in 1991, and his fight with Holyfield certainly wasn't one of his best performances.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #28
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thugz Mansion
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 600
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Foreman would not win a round. Foreman won maybe 2-3 round vs Holyfield, and was being shut out by Moorer until Moorer took a stupid risk, and got his suspect chin checked.

The only question here is does Vitali KO Foreman. I lean toward yes.

Old Foreman won 5 rounds VS Peak Holyfield IMO. How many would VITLAY win? None. Holyfeild would stop VOIDALI on cuts or corner-Retirement cos QUITALI loves to Quit under Any adversity - even VS super-Middleweight Byrd!!

Old Foreman stopped training seriously after loss to Holyfield in their WAR - George fell in love with teh press And money. He only 70% of his Come-back Best VS Moorer And he still won. Has VITLAY ever beat anyone on the same Grade as Moorer?? No, VOIDALI only beats BUMS. VITLAY still looks 95% of his PEAK/Best after 4 year ducking/avoiding-Rahman [after dropping out of Rahman fight 5 TIMES!] of layoff.

You say VITLAY KO's Old Foreman - who was Never KO'd or even Knocked-down [unlike VOIDALI who was on wobbly-legs for 15 seconds And collapsed from Fatty Golfer Bum's punch] VITLAY smashed his Best Haymakers into v.GASSED And v.SHOT [12 years Past-PRIME!] fat Briggs for 12 Roundz And Briggs had no-Defense At all. VOIDALI hit fatty Lard-ass BUM Arreola with his Best haymakers for 10 Rounds - BUT tubby just Quit like QUITALI would of. Or other Fat Bum Sammy-P who took VITLAYS Best punches for 8 rounds Before he Quit. VITLAY KO% is from BUMS And he cannt even KO teh best BUMS he fight - His power is Overated-as-**** And he need Hundreds of punches Just to Ko super-tomato-cans. No way Does VOIDALI KO Old Foreman who took Haymakers from Morrison, Cooney And Briggs who all have more One-punch power than VITLAY.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #29
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thugz Mansion
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 600
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I think a 1991 Foreman is every bit as good as a 2003 Lennox Lewis.

I believe that version of Foreman has become underrated, and the Lewis of the early 2000s is overrated.

Vitali v. Lennox was a contest of slow lumbering giants just teeing off power punches on one another. 1991 Foreman would fit in perfectly, and I believe his stamina would hold up better too, the man was so relaxed in his mature incarnation.

A 1991 Foreman beats a 2000 Tua and a 2001 Rahman and a 2002 Tyson too, I reckon. I don't mean to shit on LL's glorious reign but that's my judgment.
Those guys were cannon fodder for Foreman's mode of fighting.

2003 Vitali v 1991 Foreman ? I don't know. I really fail to see why Vitali Klitschko is rated so highly for getting his face torn open in his prime in a scrappy slugfest against an ageing fighter.
I can at least see why some might give Foreman his props for going 12 against a prime 28 year-old Holyfield at the age of 42.

I suspect a lot of it comes down to the way these events were presented and marketed by HBO.
agree
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #30
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Amazing. Foreman was out boxed by Tommy Morrison. Before that his face looked like lumps of silly puddy vs Stewart who really was not that good. When he stepped up to meet Holy, who forced exchanges which is the only time Foreman shined it was a one sided fight. Foreman did beat Morrer, but Morrer was easily out boxing him and had a suspect chin. Vitali would not go down from the blows Foreman landed on Morrer, in fact he would be less likely to even land them. I can't see how anyone here thinks Formean is going to win. It would be a massacre. Vitali wins easy.
Firstly, Alex Stewart fight was 1992. Morrison was 1993. Moorer was 1994.
We're talking about Foreman in 1991.

Secondly, if Vitali was such a good and smart boxer how would you explain his performance against Lewis ?
Did someone put concrete in his boots ?
He just stood there slugging and hugging and taking a shot to land one.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013