Vitali KO//TKO (i am dumb Klit-ite And overated his power) 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #46
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1991 Old Foreman VS 2003 Vitali

Vitali's no mover, and he's a huge target with ridiculously low hands.
I don't remember any big tall fighters keeping Foreman at bay either.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #47
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Exactly pal

Why would teh Pawing-Jab that is 2 inches SHORTER than Foremans' And had less POWER/STRENGTH in it, keep off teh huge TANK that is Old Foreman who can walk through VITLAY-power Haymakers like they bullets bouncing off Challenger tank? SHOT, FAT, OLD Briggs was FINE taking VITLAYs BEST all-night looong!! Well maybe hurt at teh end - BUT Old Foreman has way Better defense, Cheen And Toughness + he actaully THROWS-PUNCHES back....
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #48
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Quote:
Vitali is certainly a mover, he works off the back foot and stays at range. And he is by no means an easy target. His low left hand protects his body, and he uses his height and reflexes to slip attacks upstairs. Even with Vitali blind in one eye, Lewis was having trouble connecting consistently. And say what you will, fat boys Arreola, Johnson, and Sanders were quick combination punchers better suited for pressure offense than old Foreman..and Vitali had them swinging at air.

...uh, were not talking prime Foreman. Old Foreman kept himself at bay, he coudln't even make chase when Morrison jumped on his bicycle. And 6'3" Stewart battered him. Please don't bring up retired 2 fights in the last 6 years Cooney as a tall fighter that couldn't keep Foreman at bay. For the Vitali opposition bashing..these guys were at least active and usually coming off top 10 wins.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
Ponysmallhorse
Small but proud
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I think people are underestimating comeback Foreman here, afterall he managed to be arguably more competitive against a Peak top 10 ATG, than Peak Vitali was against a very faded, old & undertrained one. I would have no doubts about picking '91 Holy to beat '03 Lewis. In this match-up, I think Foreman's piston-like ramrod jab potentially trumphs the overrated pawing one of Vitali & this version of Old George would land enough heavyhanded bombs to cut open the paper-skinned Vitali & rock him several times. Body punching could be important, as George landed some debilitating body shots on Holy & Vitali was gassed come round 5 against Lewis, likely due to the small amount of powerful body punches landed by the Champion. Do not be fooled by Foreman's weight, he was highly motivated going into his fight for the Undisputed Title with Evander & trained exceptionally hard for war. George would have the sheer physical strength to overpower Vitali in the clinches initiated by Vitali, once he becomes fatigued & hurt as he was against Lewis. Ultimately, I predict Foreman wins via late cuts stoppage. However, Vitali might be ahead on the judge's cards (especially if the judges are bias), so Klit-huggers would claim their hero "won the event" & "would have KO'd him in a rematch".

There was good reason why Foreman never fought a good top puncher after his comeback.
Ponysmallhorse is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #50
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
You can see in this brief highlight video the type of movement that was giving Lewis problems, and the type of punches that Lewis needed to throw to land on Vitali. Goerge was never capable of throwing long extending punches.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
What's a "long extending punch" ?

Vitali's movement in the video is minimal. Foreman knocked out men who moved more than that.
Vitali's height might pose a real problem though.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #51
taobum70
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
The dumest post in a dumb thread.

Vitali is one of the hardets - to - hit HW's, ever. He has great reflexes and uses his height and leaning back defense to make opponents miss very effectively. Vitali is a minimalistic mover who doesn't need lateral movement or dancing because of his body mechanics, which he uses perfectly.

Comeback Foreman was easy to hit. Moorer and Schulz outlanded him and they wouldn't land anything on Vitali. Foreman was never a guy with a style to get inside am much bigger man, he had good short punches and toughness. There was a reason why he picked 6'2 Holyfield and 6'2 Moorer to try to win the title, not Bowe or Lewis. He avoided the bigger men and the bigger punchers carefully. What he did at his age was amazing enough, no need to assume he would beat someone he clearly had no chance of beating. Vitali can't be outboxed by a slugger like Foreman and old Foreman only had one KO at the elite level and Vitali has ten times the chin Moorer has, besides he wouldn't get hi with a short punch like that.
taobum70 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #52
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Cmon man, you're suprising me with these type of posts.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #53
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
What's a "long extending punch" ?

Vitali's movement in the video is minimal. Foreman knocked out men who moved more than that.
Vitali's height might pose a real problem though.
Notice Lewis had to throw a lunging falling in righthand to even get close to landing on Vitali then he followed it up with uppercuts on the inside. George was never athletic enough to do that when he was as round as a barrel.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #54
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Mismatch ... Foreman lacked the speed ... Vitali by late round stopage.
he grant is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #55
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreman Hook View Post
Exactly pal

Why would teh Pawing-Jab that is 2 inches SHORTER than Foremans' And had less POWER/STRENGTH in it, keep off teh huge TANK that is Old Foreman who can walk through VITLAY-power Haymakers like they bullets bouncing off Challenger tank? SHOT, FAT, OLD Briggs was FINE taking VITLAYs BEST all-night looong!! Well maybe hurt at teh end - BUT Old Foreman has way Better defense, Cheen And Toughness + he actaully THROWS-PUNCHES back....
This. Old Foreman would KO that big clumsy bum easily like he did Cooney.

Young Foreman would have him quitting after the first round I suspect, should he survive that long.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #56
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Was there much of a difference? Id say Foremans best performance in his entire comeback was the second to last fight of his career.

If that was the case and Foreman was so good at controlling the pace of fights, he could have easily beaten Axel Shultz, Tommy Morrison and Mike Moorer. Vitali stood in front of Lewis because Lewis made him, and there is no way in hell Foreman was capable of bringing the same type of pressure Lewis brought to Vitali. He was too slow, never had that kind of reaching righthand and was still leagues slower than Lewis at that time. Im no fan of Vitali's, but his boxing skills and footwork are better than all of the fighters that Foreman had a lot of trouble with. Its a horrible stylistic matchup for old George.
I think I might have to agree with you. I think Foreman looked very good against Lou Savarese in his second-to-last comeback fight. Foreman was fighting a decent, big, strong heavyweight in Savarese and beat him fair and square in a fast-paced fight. I thought Foreman actually looked pretty good against Briggs as well. So, I'm not so sure Foreman was all that worse in 1997-1998 as he was in 1991. Granted, he was fighting elite fighters like Holyfield or Tyson, but you could still judge Foreman on how he moved, how he punched, and how he navigated the ring.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #57
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight View Post
This. Old Foreman would KO that big clumsy bum easily like he did Cooney.

Young Foreman would have him quitting after the first round I suspect, should he survive that long.
In a "Where do you rate the Klits thread":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight View Post
WALDO around number 15, VITLAY somewhere around 25.
So, ... A big clumsy bum is around the top 25 greatest heavyweights of all time in your own list? What is it an honorary position based off of height or surving the Chernobyl disaster or what?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #58
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

Quote:
Top man

VITLAY has never been as far from his Best as Old Foreman was after 1991. + VOIDALI has never beat anyone on the same Grade of fighter as Stewart or Moorer or Tommy And, Morrison/Stewart might have beat VITLAY on cuts.

V.good points about Old, fat Lennox TKO6 Peak VITLAY fight.
VOIDALI showed a slugging-style Old Foreman would exploit/beat him at. Old Foreman has better chin, toughness, Heart, power, Strenght, Stamina - so slugging with him = Suicide. If Old, Slow, v.nearly Shot Lennox can Force VITLAY to slug Haymakers - so can Old Foreman.

so VITLAY would get stopped on cuts cos he has Glass-skin or KO'd as he have Overated un-proven Chin or Quit on stool has he Never shown Heart under Adversity - But he has Quit 2 times Under adveristy VS teh 2 Best men he ever faced - Super-middlewieght Byrd And 38 year old, Xtremely Jaded, Fat Lennox.

you're pathetic, Foreman stands no chance,and i'm not a big fan of the bro's.
Cael is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2010, 03:59 AM   #59
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

Quote:
Exactly pal

SHOT, FAT, OLD Briggs was FINE taking VITLAYs BEST all-night looong!! Well maybe hurt at teh end
-

Yeah, and Vitali was at his best against Briggs; it's not like Vitali' s older then Briggs and probably more over the hill then Briggs actually is.

Quote:
BUT Old Foreman has way Better defense, Cheen And Toughness + he actaully THROWS-PUNCHES back....

You're right...comeback Foreman is the second greatest HW of all time behind Tommy Morrison.
Cael is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #60
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
-

Yeah, and Vitali was at his best against Briggs; it's not like Vitali' s older then Briggs and probably more over the hill then Briggs actually is.
Even Mendoza wouldn't say that nonsense.
Kalasinn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum