Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #31
hell on legs
The Human tank
ESB Jr Member

Location: when Bruce banner got mad he turned into the hulk, when the hulk got mad he turned into hell on legs
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v lewis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
3 rounds later Tyson was gone?
The fight went 8 rounds mate, shows how much you know about boxing
Hey dopey, its because Lewis realised that Tyson as human in the 5th i think, could have been the fourth.
hell on legs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #32
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Lewis looked bad against Tua?

He worked the ring and left Tua behind.
I haven't watched the fight since watching it at the time. For somebody with the advantages that Lewis had, he did nothing with them. He spent most of the fight off balance, throwing a punch or two at a stationary Tua.

Lewis was too scared to engage somebody who was not nearly as skilled as a prime Tyson. Tyson was at least as strong as Tua, was quicker and had better timing and footwork.

Tyson's main sparring partner Ko'd Lewis with one punch. Never even came close to a prime Mike.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #33
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmonaro View Post
Absolutly agree with this!lewis avoided tyson like the plague until tyson was well and truly shot!In their prime's tyson would have destroyed lewis.Buster douglas would have beaten anyone in the world in their encounter and on that night,I don't think i've ever seen lewis look as good as buster did(on that night)in any of his fights,against anyone!and they are of similar build.Buster obviously has diciplin problems.Gotta give lewis some credability for his accomplishments,but tyson all the way!

No way did Lewis avoid Tyson . Lewis' first pro fight was one month befor Tysons last fight pre Buster. When Lewis got some names on his resume in the early 90s and started to look as if he could face Tyson Don King was having non of it.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #34
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
I haven't watched the fight since watching it at the time. For somebody with the advantages that Lewis had, he did nothing with them. He spent most of the fight off balance, throwing a punch or two at a stationary Tua.

Lewis was too scared to engage somebody who was not nearly as skilled as a prime Tyson. Tyson was at least as strong as Tua, was quicker and had better timing and footwork.

Tyson's main sparring partner Ko'd Lewis with one punch. Never even came close to a prime Mike.

Well Lewis was definitely not prime in the McCall fight . Tyson in the Buster fight was much closer to his peek never mind prime.

As for the Tua fight Lewis done everything right against Tua.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #35
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well Lewis was definitely not prime in the McCall fight . Tyson in the Buster fight was much closer to his peek never mind prime.

As for the Tua fight Lewis done everything right against Tua.
Tyson in the Douglas fight was a complete mess. His life was in turmoil. Fueds betweens managers.. old and new.. His Mrs carrying on like a skanky mole that deserved a hiding. Tyson was involved smashing cars, street fights, law suits.. you name it.. Take a look at the lack of interest on his face in the seconds before the bell rings.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #36
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
Tyson in the Douglas fight was a complete mess. His life was in turmoil. Fueds betweens managers.. old and new.. His Mrs carrying on like a skanky mole that deserved a hiding. Tyson was involved smashing cars, street fights, law suits.. you name it.. Take a look at the lack of interest on his face in the seconds before the bell rings.
I would still say that Tyson in tearms of time is closer to his peak than Lewis vs McCall.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #37
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
I would still say that Tyson in tearms of time is closer to his peak than Lewis vs McCall.
...yeah, well Id suggest that Tysons's peak never eventuated. His best fighting years were over before he reached a point where he should have peeked.. perhaps not long after belting the shit out of Bruno.

Tyson was a mentally volatile man. His stature ensured that any possible reign would be dependant on 100% mental and physical well being. Tyson was a mental burn out by the age of 23.

On the flip side, a man of Lewis' stature has more inclination to coast through.. height, reach, weight.. every possible advantage going for him. Regardless, at no time in Lewis' career would he have taken that explosive bastard that was a 20-22 y/o Tyson.

The aging Holmes that faught Tyson would have fared better than Tyson on the night Tyson faught Lewis.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #38
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
...yeah, well Id suggest that Tysons's peak never eventuated. His best fighting years were over before he reached a point where he should have peeked.. perhaps not long after belting the shit out of Bruno.

Tyson was a mentally volatile man. His stature ensured that any possible reign would be dependant on 100% mental and physical well being. Tyson was a mental burn out by the age of 23.

On the flip side, a man of Lewis' stature has more inclination to coast through.. height, reach, weight.. every possible advantage going for him. Regardless, at no time in Lewis' career would he have taken that explosive bastard that was a 20-22 y/o Tyson.

The aging Holmes that faught Tyson would have fared better than Tyson on the night Tyson faught Lewis.
His peak is his best , everyone has a peak. You can not say that he never reached it , maybe he could have been better but he did reach a peak.
If his best fighter years are over ( thats in your words) that means he does have a best point , his peak.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #39
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
His peak is his best , everyone has a peak. You can not say that he never reached it , maybe he could have been better but he did reach a peak.
If his best fighter years are over ( thats in your words) that means he does have a best point , his peak.
I'll simplify things.
Tyson never fulfilled what would have been a peek at a time of both mental and physical harmony..

The greatest period of his career, as it stands, was between 20-22 y/o.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #40
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'll simplify things.
Tyson never fulfilled what would have been a peek at a time of both mental and physical harmony..

The greatest period of his career, as it stands, was between 20-22 y/o.

So 20-22 was his peak . He maybe had potential for more but you can argue that for any fighter.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #41
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
So 20-22 was his peak . He maybe had potential for more but you can argue that for any fighter.
I doubt it.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #42
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Let me just say this since i started this,i screamed in me bro's face Tyson wins in his prime n he screamed back at me Lewis wins etc n judging by everyones comments it is a 50 50 fight perhaps.....
andoshow is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #43
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

To say Lewis avoided Tyson like the plague before he was done is pretty ironic when you consider Tyson paid him step aside money while holding the WBC belt. Good topic though lads and some great opinions. I could see it going either way but would lean towards Lewis.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #44
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
To say Lewis avoided Tyson like the plague before he was done is pretty ironic when you consider Tyson paid him step aside money while holding the WBC belt. Good topic though lads and some great opinions. I could see it going either way but would lean towards Lewis.
Thats my exact feelings.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #45
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Tyson was in absolutely terrible form in the Buster fight. He had no head movement whatsoever, his footwork was sloppy and stamina wasnt what it could have been - he copped a massive beating, that was in Tysons peak years but it was nowhere near peak form
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum