PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v lewis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Bit like a rachorse that has a bad run then bounces back to form hey

Every fighter has excuses from time to time, but why is it genuinely considered by and large that Mikes always are more relevant than any other boxers excuses at a given point. I think because he was built up so much people don't want to believe another human being could possible conquer the great Irin Mike.

What's Tyson excuse getting beating to a pulp by Holy in 1996? He was a great looking specimen at no more than 30yrs of age etc

You are on the money here. Why does Tyson get such an easy excuse that he was done so early yet physically there appeared to be nothing wrong with him.

Imagine Tyson if he had Audley's unshakeable self belief and promotion.
PIRA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #62
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Yea like Lacy and Kessler were well past their sell by dates aye mate ? Lol shit man I love blokes like you and the crap that flows out of your pie holes .
...ouch...touch a nerve mate?
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #63
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Lol not really but did fight one bloke that shouldn't have been i'n there with him though i agree "due to age "and that was Rjj , the reason that fight went ahead was because they split the purse with no Don kings or ****** involved .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #64
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

ok mate I might've been a bit harsh on Joe...

Quote:
Lol not really but did fight one bloke that shouldn't have been i'n there with him though i agree "due to age "and that was Rjj , the reason that fight went ahead was because they split the purse with no Don kings or ****** involved .
....I do think the Hopkins fight might've been different if it was fought a few years earlier too.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #65
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
You are on the money here. Why does Tyson get such an easy excuse that he was done so early yet physically there appeared to be nothing wrong with him.

Imagine Tyson if he had Audley's unshakeable self belief and promotion.
Audley certainly doesn't have that unshakeable self belief when he walks through the ropes shaking with fear. **** he is going to fight scared against Haye.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #66
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
ok mate I might've been a bit harsh on Joe...

....I do think the Hopkins fight might've been different if it was fought a few years earlier too.
Maybe but we got Hopkins to blame for it not happening in 2002 , Joe agreed to fight him i'n America but Hopkins ducked out of it ,
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #67
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
PERHAPS ? ****in hell Tyson was just a shell when he fought Lewis. I don't give Lewis any credit for his wins over Holyfield or Tyson.
How can you not give him any credit for the win (or wins) over Holyfield?
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #68
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Maybe but we got Hopkins to blame for it not happening in 2002 , Joe agreed to fight him i'n America but Hopkins ducked out of it ,
I'm spewin' I gave away my whole boxing magazine collection...including probably 10 years consecutive Ring magazines....otherwise I'd go and double check that....but I'm sure my man B-Hop wouldn'tve ducked anyone
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #69
mister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmonaro View Post
I have never been captivated by any of lewis's performances,he doesn't posses any special carisma at all,I will conceed he may not have avoided tyson as they were on completly different paths,and their timelines didn't permit,Tyson was in terrible form against buster,but how special was busters performance,I don't see lewis possesing that kind of spark,edge,etc,he's like the klits,boring jabfests,nothing explosive or exiting.
i agree lewis is a clutch and grab boxer vey boring with a glass jaw
mister is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #70
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I'm spewin' I gave away my whole boxing magazine collection...including probably 10 years consecutive Ring magazines....otherwise I'd go and double check that....but I'm sure my man B-Hop wouldn'tve ducked anyone
Spew no more dark horse for there came a pale rider ..

Quote the late Jay Larkin of Showtime ......RIP

"A teleconference was set up in my office in New York for July 30th, 2002, and on the call was myself, Don King who was in the room, Frank ****** and Bernard Hopkins' lawyer, Arnold Joseph. Along with Arnold was a woman named Linda Carter, who was there on behalf of Bernard. We asked Arnold if Bernard wanted to fight Joe Calzaghe and we asked him how much money would he want if he did. The response we got was $3million and the fight would have to take place in the United States. After a little scratching of the head, we said 'Okay, done.' Frank ****** agreed on the spot, Don King agreed and we agreed so as far as we were concerned all parties were singing off the one hymm sheet. Arnold excused himself with Linda and I can only assume it was to call Bernard. Either that day or the next day, they came with a new demand: $6million, dobule the sum that had been agreed, the deal blew up.....he had then and still has no desire to fight Joe Calzaghe, that much is pretty clear."
Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #71
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

What was Wonder Woman doing in Bernards corner?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #72
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

if tyson and lewis met in the ring, both at their peaks, never saw eachother fight before etc....tyson kos the chinny lewis quickly.

the only heavy that would have beaten tyson unseen, was george foreman at his peak. even ali at his peak would not have handled the young, fit tyson.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #73
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
if tyson and lewis met in the ring, both at their peaks, never saw eachother fight before etc....tyson kos the chinny lewis quickly.

the only heavy that would have beaten tyson unseen, was george foreman at his peak. even ali at his peak would not have handled the young, fit tyson.
Negative Sally , Clay would have made ANY version of Tyson look silly .
Old 10-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #74
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Negative Sally , Clay would have made ANY version of Tyson look silly .
I just watched the Thrilla in Manila again last night....as much as I love Tyson he couldn't have done what Smakin' Joe done for 14 rounds against the Greatest(ever)....do yourselves a favor and watch it again....a masterpiece.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #75
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Spew no more dark horse for there came a pale rider ..

Quote the late Jay Larkin of Showtime ......RIP

"A teleconference was set up in my office in New York for July 30th, 2002, and on the call was myself, Don King who was in the room, Frank ****** and Bernard Hopkins' lawyer, Arnold Joseph. Along with Arnold was a woman named Linda Carter, who was there on behalf of Bernard. We asked Arnold if Bernard wanted to fight Joe Calzaghe and we asked him how much money would he want if he did. The response we got was $3million and the fight would have to take place in the United States. After a little scratching of the head, we said 'Okay, done.' Frank ****** agreed on the spot, Don King agreed and we agreed so as far as we were concerned all parties were singing off the one hymm sheet. Arnold excused himself with Linda and I can only assume it was to call Bernard. Either that day or the next day, they came with a new demand: $6million, dobule the sum that had been agreed, the deal blew up.....he had then and still has no desire to fight Joe Calzaghe, that much is pretty clear."
....fair go Josey....Bernard has gotta eat too

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum