Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

It might involve a bit of risk.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

You're probably right. He will try to write Cotto off as being too "green." This isn't 5 years ago anymore. He may have been too green back then, but he is more ready now than ever.
jlrivera81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrivera81
You're probably right. He will try to write Cotto off as being too "green." This isn't 5 years ago anymore. He may have been too green back then, but he is more ready now than ever.
nice revisionist history there buddy, i believe the cotto camp said they werent ready when they were both at 140.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop
It might involve a bit of risk.
Come on, mayweather is a boxing genius.

Why would he be scared of Cotto, He will fight anybody anywhere.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 1391
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

I hate mayweather too, but when he went up to 154 to fight hoya I was impressed. I can give a dam if hoya was a part time fighter that took some balls. Contrary to what some might think, there would be no risked involved if mayweather was to fight cotto.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Paul Williams now thats more of a risk.
knockout is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
PavlikPoundsYou
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

If the money's right, he will.

Dollars make sense.
PavlikPoundsYou is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02
I hate mayweather too, but when he went up to 154 to fight hoya I was impressed. I can give a dam if hoya was a part time fighter that took some balls. Contrary to what some might think, there would be no risked involved if mayweather was to fight cotto.
and how about fighting a top 10 p4p fighter this year after that?
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

You never heard those words come out of Cotto's camp. Maybe Arum said it, but never Evangelista. Ricky Hatton is the one who said it. Mayweather clearly said Cotto was too green. At that time, he was right. Not only did he say that, but he made it as if Cotto was nothing and wouldnt become nothing. To this day, he still dismisses Cotto as a challenge. Yet, he fights the likes of Baldomir, Bruseles, and Mitchell. He only cares about money, not a real fight.
jlrivera81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #10
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrivera81
You never heard those words come out of Cotto's camp. Maybe Arum said it, but never Evangelista. Ricky Hatton is the one who said it. Mayweather clearly said Cotto was too green. At that time, he was right. Not only did he say that, but he made it as if Cotto was nothing and wouldnt become nothing. To this day, he still dismisses Cotto as a challenge. Yet, he fights the likes of Baldomir, Bruseles, and Mitchell. He only cares about money, not a real fight.
yeah, he fought an atg and a p4pounder this year, and hes afraid of a risk, how can you live with yourself being such a moron?
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,091
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
yeah, he fought an atg and a p4pounder this year, and hes afraid of a risk, how can you live with yourself being such a moron?
DLH is a bigger risk than Cotto.
compukiller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #12
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

If Cotto brings money to the table, then Mayweather will fight him.

Why does everyone whinge about shit like this? Whether it's Margarito or Cotto or Mosley or anyone else. Just pick someone who Floyd hasnt fought and let's all say that Mayweather ducked him. Grow up.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
radianttwilight
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

It's true, though - Mayweather likes to pick fights that he can win.

He wants to appeal to the casual fan, which is why he picked DLH and Hatton. EVERYONE cares about DLH, so it was a huge fight, and Hatton has enough fanboys here in the US that their fight is going to be huge as well.

His goal is to be become a household name like Tyson, even if it isn't because he's the best fighter in the world. That, and making money, is why he picked DLH and Hatton.

He's P4P #1 in the world today hands-down, but some see through his bullshit. He's an underacheiver in disguise.
radianttwilight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
Ziggy Montana
The Butcher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W
Come on, mayweather is a boxing genius.

Why would he be scared of Cotto, He will fight anybody anywhere.
If the money's right he will fight Cotto.
Ziggy Montana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #15
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: Mayweather wouldn't get in the ring with Cotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W
Come on, mayweather is a boxing genius.

Why would he be scared of Cotto, He will fight anybody anywhere.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013