Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #61
Marry Lerchant
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Haters will hate. You guys better look at the opposition they have beaten in dominating fashion in the last 6 years and not on the contracts that are almost unknown to all of us.

Look at the FACTS.
Marry Lerchant is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #62
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict

vCash: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
Sorry no. All I've read for the past couple of years is, Povetkins a coward, Valuev is a coward, Haye is a coward, so I did a little research and have presented others in the same boat.

Perhaps if you search my history you'll see I'm a fan of them as fighters, especially Vitali, but something stinks with the contracts in my opinion.

Oh, and both brothers beat Haye.
But it sounds a bit like that to be honest.

1. Povetkin had already signed a contract without telling anything negative when he had his first shot (where he got injured before the fight). Then he got the second shot, did not sign because of blablabla and some days later his coach tells that Povetkin is by far not ready to fight a Klitschko. Sorry but that sounds like ducking and not a bad contract.

2. Valuev was offered a carrer high purse (more that he ever earned when he had a belt and now he is without) and he refused. I think it was 2,5 Million Euro.

3. As for the "Haye 50/50 no option offer", many different sources told about that and I donīt think that is a bad offer/contract.

Of course the Klitschkos and/or Bernd Boente are businessmen and try to earn as much money as possible (who wouldnīt) but I think at the moment itīs just en vogue to talk bullshit about the contracts. For sure itīs easier than admitting that they donīt want to fight a Klitschko...
Serenata is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #63
drowller
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
Posted this elsewhere, guess now's a good time to expand on it a little.
Below is a list of boxers who have had trouble negotiating with the Klitschkos:

Tua - "Lowball offer"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Toney - "Chump Change"

Dimitrenko - "Mutual benificial terms, not those being offered by K2"

Adamek - "The Klitschko brothers offer their opponents little money. If they want to fight me and offer the right amount of money, I will fight them."

Lennox Lewis -
Lewis: At one time, we tried to make this fight and his promoter was lying to the Klitschko brothers and overpriced himself trying to get extra money. I feel good and confident about the fight and I am ready to go.

Maybe they learned from an old promoter eh?

Mormeck - asking for "too much money" -

Haye - "contract an utter joke"

Povetkin - "Slave Contract"

Valuev - "Conditions which were offered by Vitali which didn't satisfy my promoters or me"

Chisora - signing a 3 fight deal he was "told to keep silent about"

Byrd - "This is crazy"

Briggs 2006 - "Shelly Finkel and Wladimir Klitschko @$#@$#ed me, The contract that they sent me to fight Wlad was so thick and had so much red tape that it would have put me into slavery."

Replace the * with the scene to view link.

So are they cowards? Should they be grateful? Are they fools for passing up a great opportunity?
Or are they looking at the K2 contracts and thinking "Is this a joke?".

Discuss.

*Edited to add Chris Byrd, Briggs
Most of listed names overprice themselves. The rest use an easy and common excuse to avoid the fight (They know Klits are mofo and mirace is required to beat them).

On the other hand, i think that Byrd was treated unfair.
drowller is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #64
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Good research.

What Haye's people have said is to the media K2 says it was 50-50 no options and that sounds great but there's so many other clauses in the contract that are there to **** Haye over. It's not all about the split and the rematch clauses.

Tbf, every champion in every division should ask for a rematch clause in a voluntary defence. But to ask for 3 options?!
ishy is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #65
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

A lot of hours research put in there boxingfan.... good work.

How these klit ball stranglers can defend this shit is unreal!!!!
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #66
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowller View Post
Most of listed names overprice themselves. The rest use an easy and common excuse to avoid the fight (They know Klits are mofo and mirace is required to beat them).

On the other hand, i think that Byrd was treated unfair.
I don't think it's a case of them overpricing themselves. They know what the Klitschko's are earning and they know what a challenger should make. Even in his drawing prime, Tyson and King made fairer offers to the challenger.

Anyone who is defending K2 need to give specific examples of contracts which aren't as fair than the ones the Klitschko's offer. Simple as that.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #67
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't think it's a case of them overpricing themselves. They know what the Klitschko's are earning and they know what a challenger should make. Even in his drawing prime, Tyson and King made fairer offers to the challenger.

Anyone who is defending K2 need to give specific examples of contracts which aren't as fair than the ones the Klitschko's offer. Simple as that.
The problem is there are no examples to give and Kitites won't hear a bad word said against their lovers/idols.

I respect the abilities of both Klits but they are clearly very shrewd and greedy businessman. Are they descendants from a jewish family? tight bastards
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #68
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

Yet, these deals must be better than the default mandatory challenger pay that is required by the sanctioning bodies because I don't see a rush to become the #1 challenger and take the 75/25 split or whatever it is.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #69
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBanditos View Post
Yet, these deals must be better than the default mandatory challenger pay that is required by the sanctioning bodies because I don't see a rush to become the #1 challenger and take the 75/25 split or whatever it is.
25% is better than the $400k Tua was offered. Wlads TV deal alone pays Ģ3m per fight which works out to about $5m
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #70
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Byrd got a career high payday. Toney's would have also been a career high payday. Ibragimov got a career high payday, etc.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #71
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post

Byrd got a career high payday. Toney's would have also been a career high payday. Ibragimov got a career high payday, etc.
So if Mike Tyson, who was the biggest draw in the heavyweights modern era, offered a guy $100 more than his previous career highest payday, would that be a fair amount?

I don't see why people think a guy earning his biggest payday means it's fair. A fight against Valuev, for example, would be huge in Germany, so just because it would have been his biggest payday, he still deserves more because of what he brings.

It's not about the actual money these guys earn, but the percentages involved. They know how much a challenger should be getting and, even if that's more than their career highest payday, it's less than what they should get.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #72
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

As you would expect fighting for the world title
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #73
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Also if you actually read those links Boxingfan posted those fighters aren't just complaining about money. Many are complaining about the clauses being added to the contracts too
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #74
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Also if you actually read those links Boxingfan posted those fighters aren't just complaining about money. Many are complaining about the clauses being added to the contracts too
I'd be interested to know how many other boxers have agreed to the, incredibly unfair, 3 fight contract too.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #75
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

That's why there's purse bids and sanctioning bodies involved in mandatory title defenses.

Want to get the Klit titles without being exposed to low ball offers and rematch clauses? Easy. Just become mandatory challenger and knock the Klits out.

Now why is it none of these whining bitches can perform this very simple task? Why didn't guys like Toney, Dimitrenko, Haye or whoever else simple become the #1 mandatory challenger so they can't be bullied around in negotiations?

Once you are mandatory challegner all that's left is to knock the Klits out and there's no rematch clauses. It's your belt to keep.
madballster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum