Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #106
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
That's business in the heavyweight division - learn the biz. Go back over the past 20+ years and anytime you fight the champ you're gonna give up options on future fights (unless you're in a mandatory situation). Don King was notorious for this, the German promoters are no different.

K2 worked their butts off to get Don Kong, Bob Arum, everybody else out of the way in the heavyweight division - it took years. Now they want to ensure they keep their grip on it. Their options are more about dealing with other promoters, than they are about opponents and money. If Chisora, Toney or any of those others cats are unhappy about contracts - they should EARN a mandatory shot and then they'll be garunteed a certain amount of $$$ and no options. Or else, shut the **** up.

For example, the Solis-Austin winner will be garunteed a certain percentage of the purse when they fight Vitali and the contract will be per WBC rules, not K2 Promotions or anybody else. There will be no options.

The IBF is trying to do a four man tourney to determine Wlad's mandatory and fools keep bitching out of it. If these "slave" contracts are so awful, why not go into this tourney and win it to avoid any options and garuntee a certain percentage of the purse?

Exactly.
So we've replaced one beast with another, a greater one at that!

I keep asking people to produce evidence of King, Arum, etc who have had 12 fighters, (that we know of) from one weight division, over a 10 year period who have complained so much.

People also forget those other promoters had a huge advantage, they had American PPV cash on their side.

How many fighters pulled out of the IBF tournement? 3/4? That's all you need to know the tourney is obviously a crock just ripping off the fighters.

Non mandatory challangers are being under cut or signing unfair options in their original bout AND the 2 that follow. Imagine K2 dictating to you for 18 months of your career, is that really fair?
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #107
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post


Are you serious? How many fighters have sued King over the years for his outright criminal contracts? 50? Wow, I can't believe you even posted that.

What about Oscar's GBP contracts that ALWAYS included a rematch clause and he made 20 mil and his opponent made 500k? Were those OK?

You are trying to talk about K2's contracts and you bring up Don ****ing King?
ONE divison, 12 fighters, 10 years. Find the evidence because I'm not interested in just your opinion, facts please.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #108
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17,176
vCash: 1158
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
ONE divison, 12 fighters, 10 years. Find the evidence because I'm not interested in just your opinion, facts please.

the hilarious thing is some of those fights were mandatory opponents and K2 had nothing to do with the contract or purse split and anything else for that matter yet you still are trying to argue about this.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #109
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
the hilarious thing is some of those fights were mandatory opponents and K2 had nothing to do with the contract or purse split and anything else for that matter yet you still are trying to argue about this.
I repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
ONE divison, 12 fighters, 10 years. Find the evidence because I'm not interested in just your opinion, facts please.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #110
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17,176
vCash: 1158
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
I repeat.

and I repeat you are criticizing the Klitschko's over in some instances like the Mandatory fights they have ZERO control over anything. And you still don't understand it.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #111
grauser01
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 72
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

How much did Vitali get against Lewis? I think not that much.
But would you think, a Vitali Klitschko would avoid such a fight when he has the chance to become a champion?
If you want the big money you need to become a champion.

I have no respect for Valuev and Ruiz.
grauser01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #112
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
and I repeat you are criticizing the Klitschko's over in some instances like the Mandatory fights they have ZERO control over anything. And you still don't understand it.
I don't understand....mmmmm.... well maybe if you read my links......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Povetkin's promoters Sauerland Event called the bout agreement received from Klitschko a "slave contract." Povetkin's manager sent some of the details to Russian boxing journalist Alexander Pavlov. Pavlov detailed some of the items that caused friction between Sauerland and Klitschko.

1. Povetkin has to visit (maybe more than one) joint or separate press conferences, participate in press trips, interviews, open training sessions and other public events as prescribed by K2 Promotions [Klitschkos' promotional company].

2. If Povetkin does not appear on one of the press events organized by K2, K2 will fine him the amount of at least $250,000 dollars.

3. K2 refuses to pay for relocation expenses, hotel accommodations, meals and transportation to and from the fight location, etc.

4. K2 refuses to provide health insurance for the duration of the fight and commits Povetkin to bear all of the costs of all medical expenses in treating injuries that he may receive in the fight.

5. Povetkin has to use the gloves provided by K2, from the company Grant. Povetkin is not allowed to bring his own gloves even in an unopened package or use gloves by any company other than Grant.

Kalle Sauerland of Sauerland Event told Sportal.de the contract was very unfair because K2 did not draft the agreement under the common form of a "mandatory defense" and instead plugged in their own terms as if the fight was made without a purse bid being involved.

"We will not allow Klitschko to dictate their terms to us. We understand that the contract should be signed, according to clear rules, which are drawn up with agreement based on a mandatory defense of title. Klitschko, however, completely ignored these common rules, and we received a document of 26 pages, which can only be described as a slave contract."

BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #113
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
and I repeat you are criticizing the Klitschko's over in some instances like the Mandatory fights they have ZERO control over anything. And you still don't understand it.
Did he forgot to mention that King took away Tyson's money?? lol
rayhogan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #114
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro1985 View Post
King is known for robbing off their fighters, but at the same time making great fights happen and offering great paydays to all involved (he may rob you, but you still make more than ever before, and that constantly).
I can't remember who it was (maybe Holmes) who said something along the lines of "King was a bastard but at least you got paid well."
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #115
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
I don't understand....mmmmm.... well maybe if you read my links......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Povetkin's promoters Sauerland Event called the bout agreement received from Klitschko a "slave contract." Povetkin's manager sent some of the details to Russian boxing journalist Alexander Pavlov. Pavlov detailed some of the items that caused friction between Sauerland and Klitschko.

1. Povetkin has to visit (maybe more than one) joint or separate press conferences, participate in press trips, interviews, open training sessions and other public events as prescribed by K2 Promotions [Klitschkos' promotional company].

2. If Povetkin does not appear on one of the press events organized by K2, K2 will fine him the amount of at least $250,000 dollars.

3. K2 refuses to pay for relocation expenses, hotel accommodations, meals and transportation to and from the fight location, etc.

4. K2 refuses to provide health insurance for the duration of the fight and commits Povetkin to bear all of the costs of all medical expenses in treating injuries that he may receive in the fight.

5. Povetkin has to use the gloves provided by K2, from the company Grant. Povetkin is not allowed to bring his own gloves even in an unopened package or use gloves by any company other than Grant.

Kalle Sauerland of Sauerland Event told Sportal.de the contract was very unfair because K2 did not draft the agreement under the common form of a "mandatory defense" and instead plugged in their own terms as if the fight was made without a purse bid being involved.

"We will not allow Klitschko to dictate their terms to us. We understand that the contract should be signed, according to clear rules, which are drawn up with agreement based on a mandatory defense of title. Klitschko, however, completely ignored these common rules, and we received a document of 26 pages, which can only be described as a slave contract."

I got a question, was Kalle Klits former promoter?
rayhogan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #116
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauser01 View Post
How much did Vitali get against Lewis? I think not that much.
But would you think, a Vitali Klitschko would avoid such a fight when he has the chance to become a champion?
If you want the big money you need to become a champion.

I have no respect for Valuev and Ruiz.
Did Vitali complain about the contract terms/amount he was paid? No, your point is mute.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #117
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
I got a question, was Kalle Klits former promoter?
Yes he was.

If this was the only complaint about K2 contracts then it would hold little or no water. However since I've provided numerous sources complaining about various areas of contracts from options to money I'm inclined to agree with Sauderland.

When you have lots of fighters complaining about a promotion something's wrong period.

Have you ever known another promotion with this many complaints for one weight division over 12?

Take the rose tinted glasses off for a minute eh?
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #118
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
Did he forgot to mention that King took away Tyson's money?? lol
King did rip off Tyson however even with the rip offs Tyson was probably paid more than Lewis and K2 combined. Tyson admited it himself, he's an extreemist, he either has everything or nothing.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #119
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
Posted this elsewhere, guess now's a good time to expand on it a little.
Below is a list of boxers who have had trouble negotiating with the Klitschkos:

Tua - "Lowball offer"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I'm a fan of Tua but what money he's looking for? What has he done since his lost to Lewis back in 2000 or 2001? He should have accept it but oh well.

Toney - "Chump Change"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <<Did you actually read the interview? Maybe i'm reading it wrong but from whay i read? The chump change Toney refering to is from White lol.

Dimitrenko - "Mutual benificial terms, not those being offered by K2"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



^^^^I'm sorry who is Dimitrenko? Oh the same guy that was outboxed badly by Chambers? Did Chambers complain about the contract when he signed to fight Wlad? Yes or no?


Adamek - "The Klitschko brothers offer their opponents little money. If they want to fight me and offer the right amount of money, I will fight them."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



^^^^What has Adamek done in the heavyweight division to even ask about what money being offer? I mean seriously? He has beat shot in the dark Golata. He outboxed damage good Arreola who Vitali beat up badly. And then beat a shot in the dark damage good Grant.

Lennox Lewis -
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Lewis: At one time, we tried to make this fight and his promoter was lying to the Klitschko brothers and overpriced himself trying to get extra money. I feel good and confident about the fight and I am ready to go.


^^^^Read it correctly boxingfan, what did the klits do to Lewis? It was the Klits former promoter that almost messed everything up.


Mormeck - asking for "too much money" -
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^^What has Mormeck done to even asking for alot of money?




Haye - "contract an utter joke"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



^^^That article was from last year when Haye broke the contract deal that signed to fight Wlad. But since Wlad/Vitali offer Haye a 50/50 split with no options, Haye stay quiet until he signed to fight Harrison lol. When a reporter ask Haye about the 50/50 split, Haye said they can spin up whatever they want but they won't accept for the tv rights from uk ppv money all to Haye. <<This is the reason Haye won't fight the Klits cause he's being greedy of not accepting the uk ppv money split to him and the Klits to share. But of course you too stupid to agree but you're just as dumb as dave.

Povetkin - "Slave Contract"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^Too me that's an excuse and a bs at that. Kalle i think is pissed cause The Klits left him. And besides what has Povetkin done? beating fat Chambers in a close decision win? The same Chambers that Wlad easily destroyed? Atlas who speaks his mind so many times didn't even say anything about the so called slave contract. <<Hmm odd isn't it?
Valuev - "Conditions which were offered by Vitali which didn't satisfy my promoters or me"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^^Before agreeing to fight Haye, Valuev was offer 2.5 million dollars in which that was his biggest payday EVER!!!! But he turn it down like a scared p4ssy giant. He was offer 1.5 million cause he lost to Haye and is not the champion.

Chisora - signing a 3 fight deal he was "told to keep silent about"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^^And yet he signed it right away without having a second thought? Hmm odd huh? And ****** even ask "How come Haye didn't accept the 50/50 split?"

Byrd - "This is crazy"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^^Byrd hasn't done jack sh4t before facing Vitali. And i bet was payed 20,000 or 15,000 per fight before facing Vitali. And did Bryd complain about the so called contract when he fought Wlad in the rematch?

Briggs 2006 - "Shelly Finkel and Wladimir Klitschko @$#@$#ed me, The contract that they sent me to fight Wlad was so thick and had so much red tape that it would have put me into slavery."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


^^^Briggs didn't say anything when he signed to fight Vitali now did he huh boxingfan1?

Replace the * with the scene to view link.

So are they cowards? Should they be grateful? Are they fools for passing up a great opportunity?
Or are they looking at the K2 contracts and thinking "Is this a joke?".

Discuss.

*Edited to add Chris Byrd, Briggs
You should read some of the articles cause it looks like you can't read sh4t. And post a source that we as boxing fans can click on it ok? Cool.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #120
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: K2 and the contracts offered to various fighters......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
You should read some of the articles cause it looks like you can't read sh4t. And post a source that we as boxing fans can click on it ok? Cool.
Every article has a fighter complaining it's your ability to read that's in question. What aspects are you complaining about??

Secondly, you can't post b oxingscene links they come up as **** hence why I put at the bottom "replace * with the scene to view link"

Thirdly you're only just asking this now thus exposing the fact you entered the thread and started debating without even reading the articles, good going.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013