boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
Pac told Michael Marley with Roach sitting right there? According to who? Michael Marley lol? I gotta trust you've got a better source than that guy.

Anyways, I don't care that Floyd lied about negotiations taking place. What matters is that Pac has accepted testing that rules out any form of cheating (imo from the 1st time around, this time everyone should have no doubt). When you think about it, Pac would've been in his right to tell Floyd no from the beginning, because those kind of accusations are pretty insulting in the
first place. He didn't, so now make the fight.
LOVE HOW PAC****S DOWNPLAY SOURCES

YUP..HE SAID IT WITH ROACH SITTING RIGHT THERE...PAC HAS MADE NO CLAIM THAT THE INTERVIEW NEVER TOOK PLACE BTW...

PAC AGREE TO TEST "ANYTIME, ANY PLACE, ANY WHERE"

MANNY PACQUIAO

WHOOPS PHILLA GOT OWNED TEAM PAC ALWAYS GETTING CAUGHT IN LIES
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
I would say the main issue is that Pac has demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that he is clean.
How exactly has he done this?
PBFred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,318
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
YUP..HE SAID IT WITH ROACH SITTING RIGHT THERE...PAC HAS MADE NO CLAIM THAT THE INTERVIEW NEVER TOOK PLACE BTW...
Why would he? Why do you think Pacquiao cares about any journalist, much less one who is a proven liar? Marley is an idiot.

And I presume your only source is Marley?
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,318
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
How exactly has he done this?
Because there are no PED's which are effective and can't be traced by urine testing, within 8 days.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 335
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Since it has come out in the first Pacquiao vs Margarito 24/7 that Team Pacquiao agreed to a 7-day cut-off for the blood testing and not a "0-day" cutoff for blood testing, some writers and posters who should know better have been trumpeting this "discovery" as some kind of vindication of their private conspiracy theories or are simply using the new information to continue to smear Manny Pacquiao and/or give credence to Floyd Mayweather's 2-time ducking of the Filipino pound-for-pound king.

Let's put a stop to this nonsense.

Many on here probably don't know a PED -- or how PED testing works -- from their own backside, and thus have no idea what they're talking about with regards to this issue. In fact, this is what Floyd Mayweather seems to be relying on in his manic desire to avoid fighting Pacquiao: The ignorance of the boxing public.

As most know, Floyd was advised both by his own medical expert(s) in the first round of negotiations as well as his team to agree to the 14-day (or was it 21 days?) window supposedly agreed on by Team Pacquiao in order to make the fight. Floyd refused, and the fight did not get made.

After ducking Pacquiao the first time, Mayweather then said that was the last time Pac would get the 14-day window offer. So what did Team Pacquiao do during the next round of negotiations (which Floyd apparently flat-out lied about and said never took place)?

He agreed to a 7-day window in order to get the fight with Mayweather made. That is, he budged. He compromised, agreed to stipulations to satisfy wild conspiracy theories that almost no other fighter in the sport has had to deal with. But he did it anyways. And what happened?

Floyd went on vacation and allegedly beat up his baby momma.

Now, let's turn to the 7-days vs 0-days issue, itself.

My own experience with PEDs comes from having been a powerlifter in my past (never used PEDs but knew many who did) as well as having a former world-class powerlifter as a brother who worked with some of the top nutritional supplement experts from around the world in several business ventures and his own competitive training.

Couple of things, then:

* You cannot run any kind of steroid, HGH or other muscle-building program in 7 days.

This should be obvious to anyone with even a slight knowledge of working out. That is, you're not making any meaningful gains in 7 days. Particularly as you lead up to a fight in which you have to be fresh heading into the ring (vs doing hard muscle building work the last week before a fight) and when you are going to be tested right after the fight. You're literally talking here, at best, like a 4-day window to get any kind of steroid/HGH/etc "gains." If you think this is at all meaningful, you don't know anything about PED's or training, and I have a bridge to sell you located in Manhattan.

* The only possible, meaningful PED's you could hope to use in a 7-day window would be things like amphetamines or other 'day-of' boosters

What I'm talking about here are things like Major League Baseball "greenies" or whatever Panama Lewis put in Aaron Pryor's drink bottle. That is, some kind of same-day drug that increases your immunity to pain (like the injections which Floyd supposedly used on his fragile hands in training), heightens your nervous system alertness, etc.

One problem with this, though: You have to take a post-fight drug test and you will be caught if you try this. Unless, of course, you're a know-nothing or conspiracy theorist who somehow, someway, thinks that Pac has some "magic pill" amphetamine he can take for like 4 days before the fight that will -- voila! -- give him supernatural powers come fight night but yet not show up on a drug test.

That pill doesn't exist.

Or, perhaps you think Pacquiao has gotten into untestable gene therapy. Yeah, that's it; that's the ticket. I think Pac got the latest techniques on gene therapy when the UFO flew over New York City last week or whatever.

Or, if you understand PED's and training, and how the PR game is played, you might come to the conclusion that Team Mayweather did their homework, realized that Pacquiao blamed his first loss to Eric Morales on a blood test he took beforehand and thus Team Mayweather understood that they could play a public relations game and both duck Pacquiao and pretend they were doing so on principle, to help "clean up the sport," of course, not for any personal reasons (beating up baby momma allegations notwithstanding in terms of "cleaning up the sport," of course).

This is where some noted authors on the sport are at: Conspiracy-Theory Land or Ignoranceville. They think you're dumb, or they are ignorant themselves on how PED's and testing works. Even Victor Conte, who first tried to defend Mayweather's refusal to accept the 14-day window, has come clean on how irrelevant this time period is. And that was 14 days.

And so we're left with supposed boxing "experts" trying to make a distinction without a difference. That is, if you agree to a 7-day cutoff on blood testing, you are, in effect, conceding to a 0-day cutoff. Anything in your blood for 3-5 days before the fight is almost certainly going to be caught on the fight night drug test. You can't build relevant muscle in 7 days, especially as you go into the "cool down/recover" phase before a prize fight. If you try to sneak amphetamines or EPO in on fight night, you'll be caught, not to mention your body won't be used to it because you're introducing it so late in your training phase.

Did Team Pac "lie" about the 0-day agreement? It seems they did. Does it matter? No, not in terms of how it affects either negotiations or performance on fight night.

Floyd still doesn't or didn't want the fight. Maybe that will change one day, or maybe, as Pac suggested in comparing Floyd's achievements to his own in the first 24/7 for the Margarito bout, he just doesn't care to chase a 2-time ducker anymore and Pac will simply move on from Floyd. As Pacquiao said, he feels he no longer "needs" Floyd for his legacy and that would seem to be correct, particularly as Pacquiao is chasing a title in a record-extending 8th weight division.

If any writer tries to make a point on this "7-Day" issue, understand they have an agenda. And the agenda is not "the truth," it is to try to diminish Pacquiao and likely raise up or protect a man who twice dodged Pacquiao. This is unfortunate, but their ruse only works if you're stupid enough to let them con you with their words and misguided concepts.

Be smart.
Nice well thought out logical post.

Now get out of here this doesn't belong here.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmax View Post

Nice well thought out logical post.

Now get out of here this doesn't belong here.
Ha, ha, ha. No comment.

Thanks, man!
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Because there are no PED's which are effective and can't be traced by urine testing, within 8 days.
What about the boxers who never failed a urine test and admitted later that they were doping?

Why do the Olympic Games require blood testing?
PBFred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
lanzelotz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 209
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Did Team Pac "lie" about the 0-day agreement? It seems they did. Does it matter? No, not in terms of how it affects either negotiations or performance on fight night.
.
I agree
This "Team Pac lied" issue isnīt really that much an issue for me. Why *****ing about it?
They talk so much about the "cut-off" thing, contradictory statements are bound to happen.
Maybe it was a lie, maybe it was just a problem with the team intern communication. Maybe it is a change of mind, cause they donīt want to give in to every demand. They are doing politics there, donīt they?
All we have is speculation why they are back to an 7-day cut-off.
I wish Team Pac would just go with no cut-off, or Maywether would agree to 7 day cut-off. Apperently it does not make a big difference.
Just make the fight happen, god dammit.

The one thing that counts for me: Team Pac stated the desire to fight Maywether, Maywether not so much.
lanzelotz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #24
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 335
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

On a serious note.
It's an issue no more for FLoyd. I haven't heard anything from him directly about drug testing since the 2nd negotiation. Why? Because he knows 7 days is enough and he can't defend asking for more. His most avid fans are the only ones still making an issue out of it. Can't blame them that's all they have right now.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #25
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,318
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
What about the boxers who never failed a urine test and admitted later that they were doping?
Then they are taking masking drugs, so they don't get caught. In that case, it doesn't matter whether the testing ends 7 days before the fight, on the morning of the fight or as the national anthems are being sung - If someone is using masking drugs, they won't get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
Why do the Olympic Games require blood testing?
The Olympic games for most athletes last longer than 7 days.

The reason USADA didn't test within the last 7 days, is the same reason why Pacquiao doesn't need to. It's irrelevant and USADA know that.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Why would he? Why do you think Pacquiao cares about any journalist, much less one who is a proven liar? Marley is an idiot.

And I presume your only source is Marley?
HAHA...SO YEA MARLEY IS LYING.."OK".

U PAC****S WEREN'T SAYING THAT WHEN HE SAID IT THOUGH..

U CLOWNS WERE ON HERE SAYING "O HE AGREED TO THE FULL TESTING"...

WAIT..BUT U JUST SAID (AFTER IT HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT NOW) THAT MARLEY LIES AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED RIGHT??

SO LEMME GET IT RIGHT...WHEN PAC SAID IT BEFORE THE CONFLICTING INFO CAME IT..U PAC****S WENT CRAZY TALKIN ABOUT "O PAC AGREED, ITS IN AN INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL MARLEY"...TALKIN ALL THAT $HIT..

NOW THAT IT HURTS THE ARGUMENT..."U GIVE MARLEY NO CREDIT"

NEVER ENDS WITH PAC****S....NO MATTER WHAT...PAC IS GOD, YUP.HE DOES NO WRONG

CMON NOW MAN..GUY CHEATS ON HIS WIFE AND HAS A BUNCH OF MISTRESSES...

THEY LIED, PERIOD..NEXT ONE

U JUST BEEN OWNED...YUP...ITS A CREDIBLE SOURCE...DEAL WITH IT...
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #27
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: just down the street and around the corner.
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 1625
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmax View Post
On a serious note.
It's an issue no more for FLoyd. I haven't heard anything from him directly about drug testing since the 2nd negotiation. Why? Because he knows 7 days is enough and he can't defend asking for more. His most avid fans are the only ones still making an issue out of it. Can't blame them that's all they have right now.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Then they are taking masking drugs, so they don't get caught. In that case, it doesn't matter whether the testing ends 7 days before the fight, on the morning of the fight or as the national anthems are being sung - If someone is using masking drugs, they won't get caught.


The Olympic games for most athletes last longer than 7 days.

The reason USADA didn't test within the last 7 days, is the same reason why Pacquiao doesn't need to. It's irrelevant and USADA know that.
AND REGARDLESS THIS IS IRRELEVANT...PAC N HIS TEAM STILL LIED

UR MISSING THE ENTIRE POINT MAN...U ARE COMING OUT OF CENTER FIELD WEARING A FOOTBALL HELMET WHILE TRYING TO PLAY BASKETBALL...UR WAY OFF IN WHAT WE TRYING TO SAY..

YOUR TAKING AWAY FROM THE ENTIRE INTEGRITY OF THE TESTS BY PUTTING ANY SORT OF STOP ON IT...WETHER THERE IS A DRUG OUT THAT CAN BE FOUND OR NOT IS IRRELEVANT...WOULD BRING UP SOME OTHER INFO BUT UNLIKE U I DONT POST WITHOUT HAVING SOURCES AND I CANT PROVIDE A SOURCE FOR SOME OTHER INFO I HAVE....

N DOWNPLAYING A PRESENTED SOURCE SHOWS HOW WEAK YOUR ARGUMENT REALLY IS...ANYONE INVOLVED IN ANY SORT OF DEBATING KNOWS THIS

NEXT CUZ THIS IS GETTING WAY TOO EASY..WHERE PHILLA AT
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #29
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
HAHA...SO YEA MARLEY IS LYING.."OK".

U PAC****S WEREN'T SAYING THAT WHEN HE SAID IT THOUGH..

U CLOWNS WERE ON HERE SAYING "O HE AGREED TO THE FULL TESTING"...

WAIT..BUT U JUST SAID (AFTER IT HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT NOW) THAT MARLEY LIES AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED RIGHT??

SO LEMME GET IT RIGHT...WHEN PAC SAID IT BEFORE THE CONFLICTING INFO CAME IT..U PAC****S WENT CRAZY TALKIN ABOUT "O PAC AGREED, ITS IN AN INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL MARLEY"...TALKIN ALL THAT $HIT..

NOW THAT IT HURTS THE ARGUMENT..."U GIVE MARLEY NO CREDIT"

NEVER ENDS WITH PAC****S....NO MATTER WHAT...PAC IS GOD, YUP.HE DOES NO WRONG

CMON NOW MAN..GUY CHEATS ON HIS WIFE AND HAS A BUNCH OF MISTRESSES...

THEY LIED, PERIOD..NEXT ONE

U JUST BEEN OWNED...YUP...ITS A CREDIBLE SOURCE...DEAL WITH IT...
So was Unca Roger telling the truth when he said Pacquiao was on a-side meth?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
Totomabs
Sauna Belt Holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mac Arthur Highway
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 75
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
So was Unca Roger telling the truth when he said Pacquiao was on a-side meth?

Totomabs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015