Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #61
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Understanding The Desperation Of The "7 Days" Complainers vs Pac

Pac got caught with his knickers down again.
whoupicking? is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #62
lanzelotz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by D50 View Post
First of all, if your Caps Lock key is broken, make use of the Shift keys for everyone's sakes.

Second of all, you're missing the point. Whatever integrity is taken away from the tests is practically trivial. You're basically admitting to this:

"The important thing is that Pacquiao should accept Floyd's terms exactly."

It's called Negotiations for a reason. Give and take, not "one person makes a demand, now take it or no fight and you're gay and everyone that likes to watch you fight is gay."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Alarm!!!! Alarm!!!! Attention please! Attention please!
Newbie makes too much sense!
Please inform the mods immediately
lanzelotz is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #63
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom79 View Post
Like I stated in another thread:

Pacquiao went from no OST at all, down to 24 days, down to 14 days, down to 7days.

Seems like only 1 fighter here is actually trying to make consessions in order for this fight to happen.

Random blood/urin tests up until 7days before the fight, and a blood/urine test immediately after the fight. Sounds pretty damn reasonable to me, ESPECIALLY since these are tests that the NSAC arent even asking for. Pac is going above and beyone the typical testing protocol.
Floyd went from random up until the day of the fight, to 14 days which Manny first lied about being offered, and ultimately refused. You're right it does sound like only one fighter was trying to make the fight happen. Once Manny refused, Floyd fought a different opponent with the drug stipulation in place and said that all future fights would require blood testing until the day of the fight. He went back to his original stance AFTER Manny refused to compromise.

Now, months after the fact, Manny wants to try to accept the old offer? Well, first he lied again, and then admitted that he wanted yet another compromise. Well friends, that offer expired. Floyd said back in February that all future opponents would have to subject themselves to random tests up until the day of the fight, as would he. Last I checked, 7 days is not the day of the fight so whatever Manny accepted is bull crap.

No wonder Team Floyd said that negotiations didn't take place. Manny was coming with the same old crap, and Floyd shut him down.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #64
deadsilence652
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom79 View Post
Like I stated in another thread:

Pacquiao went from no OST at all, down to 24days, down to 14 days, down to 7days.

Seems like only 1 fighter here is actually trying to make consessions in order for this fight to happen.

Random blood/urin tests up until 7days before the fight, and a blood/urine test immediately after the fight. Sounds pretty damn reasonable to me, ESPECIALLY since these are tests that the NSAC arent even asking for. Pac is going above and beyone the typical testing protocol.
ahahah no debate
deadsilence652 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #65
titan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

what the **** is wrong with these flomos.

you guys are trying to philosophize things. don't. you aint aristotle. you ain't plato.

what you need to do is to know how to observe things.

learn to see a duck when you see one. moving a goal post every now and then is not a ducking an opponent?

****ing nitwits.

sds will always be an idiot. caps lock or otherwise. it certainly ain't helping you appear bright .
titan is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #66
zangetsu
Getsuga Tenshou
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

If floyd really wanted to 'clean the sport', he should petition it on NSAC, not on PAC.

PAC said he will do what is under the rules of NSAC. If NSAC requires OSDT, then PAC would have no choice but to follow it.

The fact that floyd demands this on PAC and not petitioned the NSAC, shows to me that he really is not 'cleaning up the sport' like he said before.
zangetsu is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #67
Real_Truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow WTF Flomos. Why are you focusing on the fact that Pac "lied". Who gives a shit? The fact is Pac already accepted a drug test that will basically rule him out using steroids. Isn't that the point to all this shit anyway? To make sure the fight is clean, not whether or not ur idol Floyd gets what he wants. Pac already accepted drug testing that will ensure fairness in the fight, now it's Floyd's turn to accept the fight. Stupid ****ing Flomos.
Real_Truth is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:21 AM   #68
Real_Truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Floyd went from random up until the day of the fight, to 14 days which Manny first lied about being offered, and ultimately refused. You're right it does sound like only one fighter was trying to make the fight happen. Once Manny refused, Floyd fought a different opponent with the drug stipulation in place and said that all future fights would require blood testing until the day of the fight. He went back to his original stance AFTER Manny refused to compromise.

Now, months after the fact, Manny wants to try to accept the old offer? Well, first he lied again, and then admitted that he wanted yet another compromise. Well friends, that offer expired. Floyd said back in February that all future opponents would have to subject themselves to random tests up until the day of the fight, as would he. Last I checked, 7 days is not the day of the fight so whatever Manny accepted is bull crap.

No wonder Team Floyd said that negotiations didn't take place. Manny was coming with the same old crap, and Floyd shut him down.
Damn bro...grasping at non-existent straws there. Pathetic Flomos.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #69
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Truth View Post
Wow WTF Flomos. Why are you focusing on the fact that Pac "lied". Who gives a shit? The fact is Pac already accepted a drug test that will basically rule him out using steroids. Isn't that the point to all this shit anyway? To make sure the fight is clean, not whether or not ur idol Floyd gets what he wants. Pac already accepted drug testing that will ensure fairness in the fight, now it's Floyd's turn to accept the fight. Stupid ****ing Flomos.
Didn't people focus on ellerbe lying about negotiations. They gave a shit then.

Now pac get caught lying it suddenly who gives a shit?

Pactards at their finest.
whoupicking? is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #70
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I will reply to this thread by a simple James Toney quote:

'Ey, you wanna fight or what??'
FROST is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #71
Real_Truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoupicking? View Post
Didn't people focus on ellerbe lying about negotiations. They gave a shit then.

Now pac get caught lying it suddenly who gives a shit?

Pactards at their finest.
No dumbass...if Pac accepted 7days then that's still good enough right? I mean seriously isn't the point to all of this getting something that will "clean up the sport"? Now you are telling me a 7 day cutoff isn't good enough? Ellerbe lying is completely different, he denied anything happening because he knew if the truth came out his boyfriend would look like the bitch that he is.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #72
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Things we have learned:

1) Both parties are as bad as each other when it comes to lying to the media

2) Pacquiao has reapeatedly lowered his demands in negotiations with Mayweather's unprecedented drug testing requests.

3) Pacquaio's final offer of seven days meant that there is no possibilty for any worthwhile doping.

4) Despite the guarantee that no doping could take place (which he cites as being the reason for the testing), Mayweather declined the fight.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #73
bollocks
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
first he COULDNT do the test PERIOD

Then he could do 30 days

Then he could do 24 days

Then he COULDNT do 14 days

Then he could do 7 days...

WTF!!

I dont know what to think anymore shyts outta control. Just dont understand why he doesnt just do it random and MORE THAN LIKELY the test would stop well short of 7 days anyway probaly well short of 14 days too hell it stopped 18 for Mosley well blood testing did.......its just a deterent if he isnt on anything there is nothing to worry about he doesnt need a cut off they won't test for blood the week of the fight anyway, that i am certain of.
I would like to look at these as concessions made by Team Pac to try and make the fight happen.
bollocks is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #74
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
I would like to look at these as concessions made by Team Pac to try and make the fight happen.

I'd like to see these guys negotiate the price of a car or something. It's a concept they really don't seem to be able to grasp.

Flomo: "How much do you want for the car?"

Salesman: "$10,000"

Flomo: "I'll give you $5,000"

Salesman: "No, I'm afraid I can't do 5,000"

Flomo: "Ok, $10,000 it is"
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 AM   #75
bollocks
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
OK I UNDERSTAND THAT MAN...But explain how what they lied about effected much of anything?

they stated "no negotiations took place" and were also following an item that said they would not do ANY negotiating through the press........

so that has nothing to do with agreeing to anything....uuhhhh ur fault

what they lied about was negotiations and u can argue that they are still following the agreement made THAT NO NEGOTIATIONS WOULD TAKE PLACE IN THE MEDIA AS ARUM DIDNT WANT FLOYD'S BIG MOUTH INVOLVED
AGAIN..UR POINT NULL..LYING ABOUT AGREEING TO THE TESTS AND LYING ABOUT NEGOTIATIONS TAKING PLACE ARE TWO DIFFERENT ITEMS ALL TOGETHER...

NEXT..STOP TRYING CUZ UR WAY OFF..JUST THE FACT THAT YOUR USING THAT COMPARISON SHOWS U EITHER DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING..OR 2, U TRYING TO BRING UP WHAT "THE MAYWEATHERS SAID" IN REBUTTAL WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT KONCZ AND PAC SAID..

SEE...THERES UR WEAKNESS.U ARGUE WHAT FLOYD SAID..GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT MAN
In any business negotiations, credibility is very important. As both parties lied, both have lost their credibility to each other and to the fans. When it's time for them to sit on the negotiation table again, they will be treating each other with mistrust and will make making deals (i.e. this fight happening) more difficult. In the end, it's us fans who will lose out because both parties are ****ing bitches!
bollocks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum