Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #31
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: Pavlik has NOTHING TO FEAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley
I have been absolutely silent on Calzaghe / Kessler because I did not have a favorite. I do not particularly like Joe and prior to tonight I knew very little about Kessler. If these are the best two guys in the world at 168, Pavlik can move up and dominate the smw division anytime he wants to. After he wins the rematch against Taylor, if Abrahams and Sturm avoid Kelly, he can turn Calzaghe into his personal bitch, and make a few million doing it! JC or Kessler would be just another Pavlik fight: back and forth for 4 or 5 rounds then Kelly finds a home for the right hand, steps on the gas and closes the show inside of 8 rounds. Bet on it!

And by the way, that scoring sucked as it usually does on HBO. JC clearly won, but 117-111? What are they smokin'?

Boo

I do not even know where to start....but if you think flat footed, slow hands, middle weight pavlik beats Kessler or Calzaghe.......then............

****.......find a new sport.
Strike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 11:53 PM   #32
TRUEBELIEVER 66
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspadaYdaga
What is it with the ****ing idiots on here. It doesn't matter who Calzaghe beats, there will always be a next guy that is going to 'kick his ass'

Give me a ****ing break, there is not a boxer at 168-175 that is likely to beat Joe, and there certainly isn't a boxer that is going to win easily. Definitely not somebody as crude as Pavlik, he'd have his face boxed off and judging by his shakey chin would probably get stopped.
Idiots love to doubt JOE and he always proves them wrong..
TRUEBELIEVER 66 is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #33
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
Kessler is a bigger version of Pavlik with a better chin
without the skillset or anything else of value. Better chin my arse. Taylor put the ****er down and he'd have no chance of doing that to MK or JC.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #34
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Kessler is a smaller, weaker legged fighter, with no Pavlik-like power and could NEVER take the power punches Kelly took against Taylor. Kelly's chin is incredible. It's his defense that is shakey.

But Pavlik probably bombs out Calzaghe late.

HAAHHAHAH ****ing brilliant..
mattress is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #35
raw873

I think a Calzaghe-Pavlik fight is exciting. They both throw a ridiculous amount of punches, which would give each other fits. I think I like Pavlik just because he has a little more power and throws all those punches. Anyone who beats Calzaghe is going to have to throw a lot of punches and move him backwards. Let me just say though that Clazaghe gave another great performance and dominated the fight. I was truly impressed by him and his movement. He is an excellent fighter and I take nothing from him but I still find it hard for him to deal with someone that throws as many punches as Pavlik with the power he has. It would definitly be a great fight and one I would pay to see.
raw873 is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #36
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillarry
You Pavlik nuthuggers are getting out of hand. I would have no dog in this fight, but what Ive seen from both fighters I can honestly say that Calzaghe would make Pavlik look like a fool. Mikkel is a accurate hard puncher and even his best was not good enough against Calzaghe.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #37
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How on earth can you think Pavlik is BIGGER than Kessler ?

I saw Kessler today in the flesh and he was bloody huge. Joe is a BIG smw, hes a natural LHW, but Kessler was something else man.

Both Joe and Kessler are bigger than Pavlik. Joe is faster, Kessler is stronger.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #38
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
How on earth can you think Pavlik is BIGGER than Kessler ?

I saw Kessler today in the flesh and he was bloody huge. Joe is a BIG smw, hes a natural LHW, but Kessler was something else man.

Both Joe and Kessler are bigger than Pavlik. Joe is faster, Kessler is stronger.
He IS physically bigger.
1) He is taller.
2) Longer Reach.
3) For the Taylor fight, he weighed more at fight time than Kessler did for this one.

Add all of those together = BIGGER.
jsimps is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #39
sjc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley
I have been absolutely silent on Calzaghe / Kessler because I did not have a favorite. I do not particularly like Joe and prior to tonight I knew very little about Kessler. If these are the best two guys in the world at 168, Pavlik can move up and dominate the smw division anytime he wants to. After he wins the rematch against Taylor, if Abrahams and Sturm avoid Kelly, he can turn Calzaghe into his personal bitch, and make a few million doing it! JC or Kessler would be just another Pavlik fight: back and forth for 4 or 5 rounds then Kelly finds a home for the right hand, steps on the gas and closes the show inside of 8 rounds. Bet on it!

And by the way, that scoring sucked as it usually does on HBO. JC clearly won, but 117-111? What are they smokin'?

Boo
You still dont get it do you.
sjc is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #40
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
vCash: 800

Diaconu would mangle Joe's face inside of 6 rds.
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #41
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

a few points if they fought.

only gamreplan i can see working for pavlik is to walk through joe and try to get the ko.
pavlik is a terrific finisher once he gets his man hurt and he would need to do this.

he is not going to land enough punches if joe fights tatical to win on points without a ko.

against this, when joe wants to he has great foot and body movement to stop a puncher getting set
sean is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #42
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimps
He IS physically bigger.
1) He is taller.
2) Longer Reach.
3) For the Taylor fight, he weighed more at fight time than Kessler did for this one.

Kelly Pavlik is taller than Mike Tyson, does that mean hes the bigger guy ?

Winky Wright has more reach than Kelly Pavlik, does that mean hes the bigger guy ?

Both Kessler and Calzaghe were 180+ for tonghts fight. Your saying that Pavlik put 20+lbs on overnight ? Bullshit.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #43
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pavlik doesn't have the footspeed to beat Calzaghe. Pavlik throws a lot of punches, but his technique isn't all that great. I think Calzaghe would evade the big stuff like he did against Kessler and bust up Pavlik, he might not stop him, but he would win the fight.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #44
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimps
He IS physically bigger.
1) He is taller.
2) Longer Reach.

GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #45
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I see one disadvantage for Calzaghe if he fought Pavlik. He fights small. He bends over at the waist giving up a lot of size. He clearly has faster hands, but I don't think as fast as JTs. His awkard style would possibly be a problem. KP is bigger and I believe stronger. I would be interested to see how Calz would fight going backward and being bullied?
jsimps is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum