Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #17
saintsmike
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What next for Calzaghe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Watching the fight made me realize that Pavlik would KILL Calzaghe. Kessler when he decided to fight controlled Joe and punished him. Kessler was way too gunshy against a weaker fighter. Pavlik would'nt hesitate for a moment as Kessler did all night. However Joe is smart and knows that Hopkins is a weak old bitch with nothing left. Pavlik would put his right hand through his ****ing limey, greasy head. What a shitty way to win a fight. Thanks again Joe for the boring display. I'm sure the fight with Hopkins will be the most boring fight of the century.
Pavlik got knocked down by the mighty Jermaine Taylor, who can't even knock down Spinks, whose basically a welter..

Jesus, what a shitty way to win a fight. Pavlik before Miranda was fighting more bums than Audley Harrison, he's got good power, and some ok basics. But he's not half the fighter Kessler is, and anyone with half a brain knows he'll be schooled. I can imagine Calzaghe cutting his face up.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #18
Paulie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he ! Bodysmith when Kessler or Calzaghe will be able to knock down a fighter like Bute did to Berrio...let me know you idiot !!
Paulie is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsmike
Pavlik got knocked down by the mighty Jermaine Taylor, who can't even knock down Spinks, whose basically a welter..

Jesus, what a shitty way to win a fight. Pavlik before Miranda was fighting more bums than Audley Harrison, he's got good power, and some ok basics. But he's not half the fighter Kessler is, and anyone with half a brain knows he'll be schooled. I can imagine Calzaghe cutting his face up.
Your still missing the point. As a fan of both Calzaghe and Kessler it was a disappointing fight. Both fighters tiptoed around for 12 rounds not letting their hands really go. Pavlik laughed at the hardest and greatest flurry of punches Jermain ever has thrown and from that point controlled the fight with the exception of the 5th rd, stayed composed and consistent ultimately putting Jermain to SLEEP not just knocking down. Pavlik is not gunshy or scared of anyone. Kessler looked like a deer in headlights after the 4th rd. However Congrats to Joe for controlling the fight and stunning the Dane.peace
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #20
Leeroy
Do it Do it
ESB Senior Member

Hopkins is too old now,let alone 8 months down the road.
Leeroy is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 01:22 AM   #21
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110

Hes had a really hard fight. So his next two are goign to be a lot easier Pavlik then BHop, and yet hes going to get more acclaim for winning two much easier fights.

Unfortunately you have to beat much weaker Americans to get recognition
Sai is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum