Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Green keen to fight in Adelaide

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Green keen to fight in SA

• Reece Homfray
  • October 28, 2010 7:

BOXING world champion Danny Green is considering a February fight in Adelaide.

The 37-year-old wants to have an outing in uncharted territory and may decide to bring the gloves to Adelaide, where he lived at Colonel Light Gardens for seven years as a child.
The bout would most likely be held at Adelaide Entertainment Centre, which seats up to 10,000 people. It's understood Green wants a crowd of 5000 if he fights in South Australia for the first time.
It would be considered the biggest fight in Adelaide since Jeff Fenech fought at Memorial Drive in 1991.
The IBO cruiserweight world champion is also considering Melbourne, where he last fought in 2007.
Green is preparing for his next fight against unbeaten US cruiserweight BJ Flores in his hometown of Perth on November 17. Trainer Angelo Hyder said Green was reluctant to look beyond his next opponent, but fighting in Adelaide or Melbourne next year had become "very realistic".

"If he gets over Flores, we could be looking for a unification bout with one of the champs," Hyder said.
"The WBC champion, the Polish bloke (Krzysztof Wlodarczyk) has shown interest in coming out here.
"He's (Green) never fought in Adelaide, so it's somewhere new."
Hyder is confident the sports-mad people of Adelaide would support the event.
"It would be before the football season, so we could capitalise on that.
"Adelaide has got a fantastic sporting base . . . we'd be happy with 5000 and there would be a huge undercard."
Hyder believes Green is yet to "peak".

I will beleive it when i see it but would be good to him unify or attempt to unify.
the Pole is ranked 8th at CW.good opponent if he gets past Flores.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Green keen to fight in Adelaide

Flores is Green's first real test at CW.

I guess he'll gauge his strength and ability at CW in this upcoming fight and will know within himself if he can compete at that class.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Dont you have to first win a world title in order to unify a division?

Last i checked, WBC, WBA and IBF were all unification titles, never seen IBO, WBF, WBO in the mix for a unification. KT unifyed his division by winning WBC, WBA and IBF titles. Where does the IBO come into this horse sht Hyder is feeding the public?

Props to them for considering an attempt to win a real world title but this talk of unification is the same old sht but a diffrent smell. Just like Holyfeild etc, thank god its come out of Hyders mouth because now Green can re-neg and say he never said such a thing as he did with the Holyfeild issue.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Last i checked, WBC, WBA and IBF were all unification titles, never seen IBO, WBF, WBO in the mix for a unification. KT unifyed his division by winning WBC, WBA and IBF titles. Where does the IBO come into this horse sht Hyder is feeding the public?

Props to them for considering an attempt to win a real world title but this talk of unification is the same old sht but a diffrent smell. Just like Holyfeild etc, thank god its come out of Hyders mouth because now Green can re-neg and say he never said such a thing as he did with the Holyfeild issue.
fair enough about the IBO but if and i repeat if he fights for the WBC belt in Feb its better than Shane Cameron at 90kg.IMO he looked crap at 95kg against Ammann.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I don't really care about belts these days i'm more interested in opponents. Probably why i don't give two ****s about Mundine and he's circus.

If Green fights that bloke in Feb along with Flores next month he's back in the mix and should be applauded.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Really ? I thought the WBO is a prestigious enough title to be considered when fighters fight a unification fight , to be in possession of three out of the main four ie WBO , WBA IBF & WBC would make you an undisputed champ in the eyes of the boxing world but any TWO of the top four makes you a unified champion .

Stiffy, Green gets smashed IF he ever fights a legit top 10 cruiserweight mate , Wlod smashes him , Green is kidding himself that he is still world class .

Last edited by JOSEY WALES; 10-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Anyone else noticed that TC only ever on here? (sorry pecks)

He never posts anything constructive, just whiny bullshit, yet he has the cheek to call others trolls
Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Really ? I thought the WBO is a prestigious enough title to be considered when fighters fight for the unified title , to be in possession of three out of the main four ie WBO , WBA IBF & WBC would make you a unified champ in the eyes of the boxing world .

Stiffy, Green gets smashed IF he ever fights a legit top 10 cruiserweight mate ,
I dunno Josey, we may all be surpirsed at Green's ability at CW...he's definitely small in frame for that division, but I'm interested in seeing how he goes against Flores both chin and power wise.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I dunno Josey, we may all be surpirsed at Green's ability at CW...he's definitely small in frame for that division, but I'm interested in seeing how he goes against Flores both chin and power wise.
No Mutt i disagree , I liked Green during his charge to world title fights and admired him when he finally won a portion of the L/heavyweight crown but after seeing his last two fights i KNOW he is full of shit . Danny is no mug in the ring but he insists on treating boxing fans like we are outside of it . ****ing Paul Briggs FFS come on mate that was one of the lowest things ive ever witnessed in the sport in my entire life .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
****ing Paul Briggs FFS come on mate that was one of the lowest things ive ever witnessed in the sport in my entire life .
My favourite lowest point was the Oli Mcall teary tantrum hahahah was epic!!
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Hyder believes Green is yet to "peak".

Take anything Hyder says as pure promotional hype.

I bet this would be the first Green has heard of it.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #12
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Anyone else noticed that TC only ever on here? (sorry pecks)

He never posts anything constructive, just whiny bullshit, yet he has the cheek to call others trolls
It's like he starts out with good intentions and descends into an uncotrollable rant....reminds me of this bloke...
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No Mutt i disagree , I liked Green during his charge to world title fights and admired him when he finally won a portion of the L/heavyweight crown but after seeing his last two fights i KNOW he is full of shit . Danny is no mug in the ring but he insists on treating boxing fans like we are outside of it . ****ing Paul Briggs FFS come on mate that was one of the lowest things ive ever witnessed in the sport in my entire life .
Oh mate I'm not saying his fights at CW have been any good thus far, because they haven't (although I still liked his win over RJJ).

Just that Flores is his first genuine CW opponent, and I'm interested in seeing how he goes against him to see if he is a chance at CW.

I honestly don't know what to make of the Briggs fiasco, but I can't believe Green knew he was that far gone or knew a dive was going to take place. Green wouldn't have bothered training for Briggs if he thought he was going to be a walkover, or was going to take a dive. I think Green knew Briggs was past his best but thought he would put up a decent enough fight to make it entertaining. I believe his reaction immediately after the fight was genuine anger and disbelief at what had happened.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 AM   #14
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

PRECIOUS? LOL

I dnt read the muts dribble, his on ignore, only see his crap when you quote it. I commented because its pretty obvise, the IBO is not in the alphabet of unification titles, thats the short and easy version for you.

I did also give him props for stepping up! Get over it Brua and stop commenting on me, i dont comment on you anymore as i dont read your dribble, id thought you would have done the same but its clear you love to persist and troll. Your like the bloke living in a glass house who throws stones, and your the 1st one to duck for cover when your lover Danny Green makes a sham out of this sport!

Bye now troll.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #15
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Germinara thinks he can talk his way out of anything, but has had to resort to putting me on ignore because he knows I speak the truth and he has no answer for that

I take that as a WIN because I know he can't deal

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum