Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #31
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eagle looking to land 2 world titles!

She's already established world champion water skier. Because of that she has the maturity, mentality, athleticism and competitive edge to pick up boxing quick. To go 6x2 rounds in only her second fight as opposed to amateur 3x2 is a big step up. Christina Tai, even though she doesn't have the greatest record, was quite experienced at 13 fights. I'd put her fight above SBW vs Gary Gurr anyday!

She has the looks for being marketable while also getting advice and being trained by too highly ranked fighters Lovemore Ndou/Gary St Clair...Girls like her will succeed because she knows exactly what she wants and knows how to get it. Media is always going to be hype but i honestly think she'll do well...
rongee90 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #32
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Wasn't she a junior world champ?

The devil is in the details...
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #33
chicano123

vCash: 500

If she is going to do well as you suggest, can we see her spar some quality girls and not dodge them, or not dodge decent opponents who have only had a few fights themselves.

Here is an idea, Angie Parr has only had a handful of fights in boxing, let's see Ms Eagle take her on!

And how on earth does being good at water skiing make you a decent boxer???? LOL

It is an embarrassment to the sport to have her on a PPV card. There are girls far more deserving, who can actually box, have done the hard yards for years and might actually show a positive side to the sport the general public doesn't see.
chicano123 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #34
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

good to see jealousy in womans boxing is just as bad as mens!

the girl is having a crack (I hate womans boxing at any level) and is getting coverage, that can only be good for all women with boxes- I mean woman boxers!
shiner is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #35
chicano123

I dont think any of the girls are jealous, it's a joke. Big difference.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #36
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano123 View Post
If she is going to do well as you suggest, can we see her spar some quality girls and not dodge them, or not dodge decent opponents who have only had a few fights themselves.

Here is an idea, Angie Parr has only had a handful of fights in boxing, let's see Ms Eagle take her on!

And how on earth does being good at water skiing make you a decent boxer???? LOL

It is an embarrassment to the sport to have her on a PPV card. There are girls far more deserving, who can actually box, have done the hard yards for years and might actually show a positive side to the sport the general public doesn't see.
Hey Newbie...go back and read the post again! PPV all not, doesn't matter. It's not as if she was the main event or main support! Fortunately Grange had plenty of well matched fights to justify PPV. You obviously don't like her...

Get over it, she probably wouldn't care what the haters say!

And of course they won't put her in with Angie Parr. Parr will kill...give the girl a break, she just started
rongee90 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #37
chicano123

Sorry the number of posts on a forum obviously determine who much about a certain subject someone knows.......

If she wasn't well know for other things, she wouldnt get on a thursday night show as the first fight, let alone a PPV card. It is about merit and if you want to be taken seriously you dont say you are going to win a world title in 12 months yet at the same time be unwilling to fight good domestic fighters.

So remove your head from her nice bottom and try and smell the fresh air, the fumes up their are obviously clouding your view.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #38
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If she wasn't well know for other things, she wouldnt get on a thursday night show as the first fight, let alone a PPV card. It is about merit and if you want to be taken seriously you dont say you are going to win a world title in 12 months yet at the same time be unwilling to fight good domestic fighters.

Just goes to show how gullable you are!
rongee90 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #39
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben K View Post
You are spot on mate.

I disagree about her saying its about fitness and girls dont hit hard. Ive judged Erin and seen most of her fights and she hits hard.

I have judged Erin once - was a great four rounder in Melbourne.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #40
Iron Chin
Journeyman

If she got behind her punches, or was able to suitably defend herself then you could understand people getting excited :P
However, its unfair on the girl to carry on with this crap when she has shown nothing more than a willingness to have a go. That in itself is admirable, but not deserving of the accolades.
Iron Chin is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #41
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongee90 View Post
She's already established world champion water skier. Because of that she has the maturity, mentality, athleticism and competitive edge to pick up boxing quick. To go 6x2 rounds in only her second fight as opposed to amateur 3x2 is a big step up. Christina Tai, even though she doesn't have the greatest record, was quite experienced at 13 fights. I'd put her fight above SBW vs Gary Gurr anyday!

She has the looks for being marketable while also getting advice and being trained by too highly ranked fighters Lovemore Ndou/Gary St Clair...Girls like her will succeed because she knows exactly what she wants and knows how to get it. Media is always going to be hype but i honestly think she'll do well...
Lol i think it's fair to say comparing Water skiing and boxing is like comparing Aswin Cabuy to Floyd Mayweather.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #42
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I missed Lauryn's fight, I didn't know the boxing started early arvo just happened to stumble across it when surfing the sports channels.

I didn't mind paying $39.95 to watch the excellent line up, Lenny's round one KO and Daniel's awesome display of skill and hungry TKO win.
one in a million is online now  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #43
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

...And shes a boxing 'journalist' ladies and gentlemen.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #44
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
...And shes a boxing 'journalist' ladies and gentlemen.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #45
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

never agree with Shiner but hes spot on here womens boxing is shit got to respect them for lacing them up and all that but a womans fight will never be a stand alone PPV event.strictly sideshow only and LE is an attractive lass who appeals to your average red blooded boxing fan.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum