Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835
Default Kotelnik vs alexander my score

I decided to see this fight for myself. A little overdue but whatever. I have read the controversy and I have read the people saying this was a win for Alexander. My brother who I normally trust had Alexander win the first 6 and win 1 more later on to hang on for the close but definite win. I’m hoping to do this fairly and will try my best to score this one.

Round 1-Halfway into the first it’s a jabbing match. Alexander’s is faster but Kotelnik’s is more solid. Alexander is mixing in straight lefts some even to the body, none with authority. Even kind of round thus far. Kotelnik lets go some power shots but not much lands outside the jab. Alexander dictating the tempo and keeping it in the middle of the ring. A feel out round but Alexander has the aggression.
10-9 Alexander Lederman agrees

Round 2- Back to the jabbing match but Kotelnik landed a couple clean ones as he has Alexander near the ropes. Right hand upstairs left down low for Kotelnik Alexander responds but not effective. In te center they trade jabs and Alexander again with the soft left downstairs. Kotelnik gets in one upstairs. Alexander back on the ropes takes a jab then gets out. Kotelnik jab but a left hand back in return for Devon and clean. More jabbing and the occasional left from Alexander but Kotelnik gets in another hard jab. Kotelnik is winning the jabbing here. Devon in the corner now. He combos his way out. Jab right hand Kotelnik.
10-9 Kotelnik on the cleaner effective punching and ring generalship as he had him in the corner and on the ropes Lederman disagrees

Round 3-They meet in the middle both go to the jab. Devon more effective and not eating jabs. Getting in straight lefts and a right hook to the body. Clean right Kotelnik. Left by Alexander harder right by Kotelnik. Alexander fighting well in reverse. Kotelnik right to the body gets him to the ropes lands a few up top. Left ten two jabs and a better left from Alexander and he is off the ropes. Kotelnik’s guard working well, lands a big right then a few more on the ropes. Alexander combos his way out not landing much. Alexander in the center going with two jabs and a right hook. Good right by Kotelnik puts him to the ropes gets in at least another. Action a little even toward the end. Close around but I really like Kotelnik’s hard rights, better jab, and that he can corner him. Alexander flicks the jab doesn’t land at a high rate just trying to win on output.
10-9 Kotelnik but it was a close one I’ll list it as a swing round Lederman disagrees

Round 4-They meet in the middle no punch though. Feeling out so far. Alexander gets started with the jab. Kotelnik lands a few noting special and Alexander gets in a good right. He lands another backs up and makes Kotelnik miss. Trade jabs Alexander’s looks better. He is looking very good right now hitting and not getting hit. 1-2 by Alexander. Counter left Alexander. Alexander slowing down to a defensive pace but I think its working better than just jabbing a lot. Kotelnik misses a few as Alexander moves well. Jab upstairs right downstairs by Kotelnik. More good work by Alexander. Alexander lets go with some shots lands a few nothing big. Kotlenik responds with the same. Good series up and down for Kotelnik. Left then two jabs for Alexander. Alexander goes to the ropes Kotelnik does not capitalize. Uppercut Kotelnik. Good Kotelnik punch Alexander shoes shines his way out of the round not landing.

1st 3rd of the fight in the books I have it even. Good fight, no clinching, almost exclusively in the middle. Alexander faster more volume, Kotelnik cleaner and harder shots. Had Kotelnik win the middle two on effective punching. Alexander gets a tighter game plan in the 4th more economic with the shots and makes Kotelnik miss more.
38-38

Round 5-Slow at the start. Alexander near the ropes but Kotelnik not capitalizing and Alexander fighting well. Kotelnik lands two left hooks and a good right in between Devon’s combo. Kotelnik effective with the jab. Shoe shines Alexander on the ropes. Kotelnik sending more power punches as Alexander misses a 1-2. Left downstairs by Alexander. Right upstairs Kotelnik. A few good shots on the ropes by Kotelnik, as Alexander is stuck in the ropes. Few more punches from Kotelnik as they clinch. Good left by Alexander. Good exchange of hooks. Alexander turning it up with around 20 to go. Kotelnik goes downstairs throws a few more can’t tell if they land. Two rights by Kotelnik one sends is head back. A left by Kotelnik around the bell.
10-9 Kotelnik Lederman disagrees

All ready I see a giant bias in the commentary. Bob Papa is the only one who says anything about Kotelnik. Whenever Kotelnik lands the commentators are talking about Alexander. Or Lederman having it 5-0 I mean I have Kotelnik ahead right now which maybe too many rounds for him but this ain’t a shutout.

Round 6-Slow start Kotelnik picks it up. About 30 in I already like what Kotelnik is doing he as 2 or 3 good right hands already. Hard Kotelnik jab gets in. Devon shoots a left up top and three rights downstairs. Combo by Kotelnik. As this happens the commentator is talking about baseball almost no recognition that there is an interesting fight going on. Good jab by kotelnik. Uppercut downstairs by Kotelnik. Two lefts by Kotelnik. Kotelnik has him on the ropes gets to the body and head. Max starts actually mention Kotelnik and that Alexander is struggling. Kotelnik applying great pressure.
10-9 Kotelnik great round the most clear for him all fight landing power shots now and a much better jab. Lederman agrees

Halfway through I have it for Kotelnik. Maybe even a draw with the 3rd round swing round. Kotelnik is on all cylinders right now. Alexander landed noting I nthe last round the steam is gone his hands are down. Kotelnik has timed him. No idea how Alexander pulls this off. Papa has it even.

Second half.

Round 7-They meet throwing unlike the last few. Maybe a little more urgency. Even first 30 seconds. They exchange some rapid punches nobody got the better here. Even round so far. Right hand knocks Alexander off balance crowd oos and ahs but not a great shot. Alexander winning right now, very fast mobile round. Big right by Kotelnik. Entertaining round

Round 8- They meet in the center no punches. 1st minute in very 50-50 Kotelnik landing harder though but no winner. Entertaining round getting more inside. This fight is getting more in te trenches and Kotelnik is trying an uppercut. Kotelnik lands a few hard shots. A series of power shots sends back Alexander. Alexander responds with a bunch but not nearly as solid of connects. Alexander starts to flurry and landing big time. Kotelnik gets him to the ropes and lands some big punches.
10-9 Kotelnik on the power punches and the effectiveness Swing Round Lederman disagrees

2/3rds in 5-3 Kotelnik. 7 and 8 saw the fight go from outside to inside. The commentators suggested this would happen when Alexander was being timed. These last 2 rounds were some of the more entertaining. Some might say what Alexander did from 30 to 20 in round 8 is enough to take it so I had it a swing round. Heating up down the close.

Round 9-They meet in the middle no punches Alexander backing up kotelnik stalking. Very mobile round. 50-50 so far no real big shots. Just a stalking kind of round. After a minute the two are going at it Kotelnik getting the better. Alexander looking tired as Kotelnik landing every once in a while the steam is off Alexander’s punches and his body language isn’t great. Blood bothering Alexander as the cut is checked. Kotelnik getting in now.
10-9 Kotelnik Lederman disagrees? Shat fight is he watching?

Round 10-Begins with a clinch. Mobile round. Alexander throwing a lot but nothing really getting in. Kotelnik beating him up with his shots.
10-9 Kotelnik Lederman agrees

Round 11-CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS. Alexander spinning, using angles, and landing lefts. Alexander on the attack pressing forward Kotelnik’s guard is up. Alexander winning this one right now. Around 1:02 Kotelnik big right Alexander flurries through. Kotelnik hits him with some big power shots near the end. Not enough to steal it.
10-9 Alexander Lederman agrees Papa has Kotelnik ahead

Round 12-12th AND FINAL ROUND. Fast start. What a round. Great round. Guts and heart by both. Neither wanted to leave anything out there.
10-9 Kotelnik Lederman Agrees

Lederman 117-111 Alexander
Me 116-112 Kotelnik
All 3 had it 116-112 Alexander
Thoughts Lederman is wrong….No way it was 9-3 I’m not perfect either. With my swing rounds the other way it’s a draw. So for me a draw or a win for Kotelnik is okay by me. Alexander’s pitter patter not landing flicks didn’t impress me. Kotelnik fought a great fight probably the best performance he will ever have. For Alexander it was rough but he won and learned a lot expect him to improve. On that night Bradley and Khan beat him. But he is only getting better.
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1291
Default Re: Kotelnik vs alexander my score

I had it 8-4 to Kotelnik or something. Kotelnik took it on effective punches landed. Alexander had the workrate but so what?

Kotelnik was not struggling and the judges basically rewarded athleticism and stamina over skill and brains.
TheDon is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Irländsk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Kotelnik won that fight, Lederman is a cunt.
Irländsk is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Miles5149
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I remember watching this fight, and even though I didn't score it. I think it was around round 9 where I said to myself, I think Kotelnik did more in every round so far. Like the TS said, a great performance from Kotelnik.
Miles5149 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Kotelnik counter punched and pot shoted, but it was always one punch at a time and he didn't close out strong enough for me. As the old adage goes, you have to "take" that title from the champion. To me this fight was like many others (Froch-Dirrell and Berto-Collazo for recent examples) where the challenger is on the titlist's home turf and it's a 50/50 fight going into the championship rounds and they just don't do enough to clearly strip that titlist of their belt.

Alexander had an off night and Kotelnik fought better than he has in a long time. Still, he should have stepped on the gas pedal some more and put some combinations together. To me Alexander pulled it out by a point or two, mostly based on pure will. Kotelnik was determined not to get hit/hurt, and part of that game plan left him punching one shot at a time and only fighting in spurts. You can't do that against the champ, in their backyard, and expect to get the nod in a super close, indecisive fight.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #6
cesare-borgia
Übermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

lederman was way way off on this fight, i was watching the fight and after every round thought what the **** is he seeing? kotelnik clearly won that fight everyone knows that.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
McManama
The Real Def. MVP
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Kotelnik gave Alexander a boxing lesson that night.. barely got touched anywhere besides his forearms , elbows , shoulders and gloves... and he snapped Alexanders head back all night with that Jab, and even had him hurt with some of those power shots he landed.

Joke Robbery
McManama is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
AceNguyen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

On first viewing I had it a draw, but looking closer it was a clear 7-5 or 8-4 for Kotelnik.
AceNguyen is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
dandur55
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

1 - Kotelnik won the fight, 2 - I look at boxing now like a circus, rancking are bullshit, promoters are dickheads, all about $
dandur55 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
Casamayor122
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Alexander had an off night and Kotelnik fought better than he has in a long time. Still, he should have stepped on the gas pedal some more and put some combinations together. To me Alexander pulled it out by a point or two, mostly based on pure will. Kotelnik was determined not to get hit/hurt, and part of that game plan left him punching one shot at a time and only fighting in spurts. You can't do that against the champ, in their backyard, and expect to get the nod in a super close, indecisive fight.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Casamayor122 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Evil Dead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

90% of the time when people use the word "robbed" the guy wasnt robbed, it was just a close fight but kotelnik was robbed in this fight in my opinion
Evil Dead is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Good card. I had it pretty similar. What surprised me most wasn't that Kotelnik got robbed, but that so many people agreed that Alexander won.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

i dont remember my exact Scorecard but i didnt even have it close, Kotelnik was robbed.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #14
hussleman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well over 20 Media outlets covering the fight ( ex: Yahoo sports, fightnews, Espn) had Alexander winning the fight.Also, Ring Magazine had Devon Alexander winning the fight. I had it 7-4-1 for Alexander myself he was just busier .
hussleman is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
McManama
The Real Def. MVP
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussleman View Post
Well over 20 Media outlets covering the fight ( ex: Yahoo sports, fightnews, Espn) had Alexander winning the fight.Also, Ring Magazine had Devon Alexander winning the fight. I had it 7-4-1 for Alexander myself he was just busier .
I am guessing you are AFrican American?
McManama is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum