Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Medley targets Bundrage & IBF title

Medley targets Bundrage

by Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing - 28th Oct 2010

World rated 154 pounder Rob Medley (29-3, 19 KOs) will clash with American Jason LeHoullier (21-3-1, 8 KOs) over eight rounds on Sunday in Globally televised bout at the Olympic Park Sports Center, Homebush, Sydney, NSW, Australia. Medley dropped a twelve round decision to former WBA super middleweight Anthony Mundine in 2010 but is now looking forward to an IBF jr middleweight title shot against champion Cornelius Bundrage (30-4, 18 KOs). “Bundrage is a very good boxer,” said Medley.

“I have followed his career and his win over Cory Spinks to win the title was impressive.”

Medley continued, “He has had wins over Kassim Ouma and Joel Julio but lost to Steve Forbes and was stopped in one round against Sechew Powell. My only losses are to world champion Anthony Mundine and Isaac Hlatswayo.”

Medley concluded, “I have improved since those fights and I am confident of defeating Bundrage.”

Medely is guided by Australia’s leading promoter Bill Treacy and trained by Graham Shaw.

“There is a offer for Bundrage to come to Australia and defend against Medley,” Treacy said. “I think Rob has the skills and power to defeat Bundrage who stands 5’6 and is 37 years old. He would be six inches shorter than Medley who is six foot tall.”

Treacy concluded, “Bundrage is a DKP fighter and it would be great to have Don King visit Australia.”

The Medley vs LeHoullier will be televised globally and is on undercard of biggest Aussie show for several years which features IBF middleweight and lightweight elimination bouts – Daniel Geale (23-1, 16 KOs) vs Roman Karmazin (40-3-2, 26 KOs) and Lenny Zappavigna (24-0, 16 KOs) vs Ji-Hoon Kim (21-6, 18 KOs). Promoters Bill Treacy, Gary Shaw, Steve Bash, Rodney Berman, Art Pelullo. Televised on Main Event Pay-Per-View. Tickets available on Ticketdirect or GOSB.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Medley targets Bundrage & IBF title

Sorry but Medley is not any good at all. He is and will always be just a good domestic level fighter. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Sorry but Medley is not any good at all. He is and will always be just a good domestic level fighter. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Full credit to Rob Medley for what he's been able to achieve - but I agree with you Francis - good domestic level fighter.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
What Francis said.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He's probably a touch better than domestic but not world class.

He really is in no mans land for a boxer. If he can jag a couple of pay days ala Mundine fight etc he shld be happy with that.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Rob should be talking about fighting Lehoullier and not looking past this fight IMO.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

This is why i'm a supporter of a strong Commonwealth structure . I'm sure Rob will give his career a real go but where is the stepping stone between Domestic and World class down under ? i ain't knocking Australian boxing here either before someone has a go or bullshitting British boxing up e but at least here we take the commonwealth as a stepping stone to European standard then if good enough you get to have a go at world level .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 AM   #8
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

He used to look cracking hot on some of the fox sports shows a year or two ago. I thought he was an entertaining fighter and a good prospect until Mandy took his scalp.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
This is why i'm a supporter of a strong Commonwealth structure . I'm sure Rob will give his career a real go but where is the stepping stone between Domestic and World class down under ? i ain't knocking Australian boxing here either before someone has a go or bullshitting British boxing up e but at least here we take the commonwealth as a stepping stone to European standard then if good enough you get to have a go at world level .

Agree with you wholeheartedly Josey.

The tried and proven structure of State title, followed by national title, Commonwealth title, and then world title; ensured better career progression and far less mismatches.

The fallout from the pollution of alphabet titles has put an end to all that, and left us with......well.....the crap we've got now.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 AM   #10
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Agree with you wholeheartedly Josey.

The tried and proven structure of State title, followed by national title, Commonwealth title, and then world title; ensured better career progression and far less mismatches.

The fallout from the pollution of alphabet titles has put an end to all that, and left us with......well.....the crap we've got now.
Well put CHB .
Old 10-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #11
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Well put mate, i'd like to see a few aussie fighters base themselves in england and fight the brits and europeans instead of fighting mismatches here and then trying to go straight for a world title.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #12
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
Well put mate, i'd like to see a few aussie fighters base themselves in england and fight the brits and europeans instead of fighting mismatches here and then trying to go straight for a world title.
Or Germany mate , you can get a decent enough boxing education in Germany these days , i realise fighters have commitments to their family and friends etc but just imagine if the like of Alex Leapia etc had a few years fighting these tough Eastern European blokes that the our lads have to beat to gain a European Title ?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 AM   #13
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Or Germany mate , you can get a decent enough boxing education in Germany these days , i realise fighters have commitments to their family and friends etc but just imagine if the like of Alex Leapia etc had a few years fighting these tough Eastern European blokes that the our lads have to beat to gain a European Title ?
True, when i was watching the undercard of Vitali-Briggs, when Afolabi was fighting the bloke from Georgia i was thinking this sort of fight would be good for the likes of Forsyth and Brad Pitt instead of knocking over blokes in a round or 2. The Georgian was durable and had a decent offence too.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #14
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think we are seeing Aussie promoters bringing over some good fighters from the states to take our guys to the next level...,the comm title is great and I would love to se more poms v aussies but we need
to applaud Aussie promoters for getting the liked of karamazan, Walker, Williams, RJJ, Beck, Lehoullier, Kim and much more
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
True, when i was watching the undercard of Vitali-Briggs, when Afolabi was fighting the bloke from Georgia i was thinking this sort of fight would be good for the likes of Forsyth and Brad Pitt instead of knocking over blokes in a round or 2. The Georgian was durable and had a decent offence too.
Tell it to Ash mate he seems to think it ain't warranted because of all the quality overseas fighters your are importing are doing the trick ..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum