Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

i had many many debates with deram , and he was always consistent and knowledgable.

dont know his age, but i remember following mcguigans whole career and even went to the pedroza fight ,and when he lost to cruz , i was upset, but of course in 1986 i did not have a keyboard to lash out on , as i definatley would have.

i still blame barney eastwood 21 years later
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

The best one yet!

"To balance the views on the Calzaghe-Kessler fight!" Deram makes a thread stating that some Danish papers had Kessler winning, and uses this as "evidence" to be "balanced" against the scorecards of the rest of the world.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #18
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
i had many many debates with deram , and he was always consistent and knowledgable.

dont know his age, but i remember following mcguigans whole career and even went to the pedroza fight ,and when he lost to cruz , i was upset, but of course in 1986 i did not have a keyboard to lash out on , as i definatley would have.

i still blame barney eastwood 21 years later
Yes, consistent in being a total prick. No need to be polite sean, speak your mind, this is the Aussie forum.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
i had many many debates with deram , and he was always consistent and knowledgable.

dont know his age, but i remember following mcguigans whole career and even went to the pedroza fight ,and when he lost to cruz , i was upset, but of course in 1986 i did not have a keyboard to lash out on , as i definatley would have.

i still blame barney eastwood 21 years later
You are a gentleman, sean! These young turks have no pity.
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #20
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Jesus, I always thought deram was like the rest of the Danes - good sports - but he's certainly turned out to be a very poor loser.

It's weird, because he was fine up until the Kessler vs Calzaghe fight was signed - that's when he started losing it, being rude in his posts, getting fired up over little things. I reckon he must have known deep inside that Calzaghe was too big a task for his man.
I think your right Muttley.

Decebal - trust me my friend when I tell you you simply haven't been around long enough to understand.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #21
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Trailer park
Posts: 920
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
I think your right Muttley.

Decebal - trust me my friend when I tell you you simply haven't been around long enough to understand.
Hey Axe,

Ever considered getting yourself a life?

Astola is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #22
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astola
Hey Axe,

Ever considered getting yourself a life?

Hey Astola,

Please do hop off my nutsack. Thanks.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #23
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Trailer park
Posts: 920
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Hey Astola,

Please do hop off my nutsack. Thanks.




Chasing the guy down huh? Its allright fun though...
Astola is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #24
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 1040
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Fighters lose. It's part of the sport. Maybe Kessler can get back on his feet and soldier on, and learn something.
SteveO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #25
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
Fighters lose. It's part of the sport. Maybe Kessler can get back on his feet and soldier on, and learn something.
He will, absolutely, he was very gracious in defeat, and is still a force to be reckoned with at 168/175 should he choose to move up.

He has the right attitude, a loss to a great is nothing to be ashamed of, he did his best and did well in parts of the fight.

Sometimes a loss like that can be a great learning experience, and I think Kessler is the type to take only the positives from such an experience.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #26
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Jesus, I always thought deram was like the rest of the Danes - good sports - but he's certainly turned out to be a very poor loser.

It's weird, because he was fine up until the Kessler vs Calzaghe fight was signed - that's when he started losing it, being rude in his posts, getting fired up over little things. I reckon he must have known deep inside that Calzaghe was too big a task for his man.
He was generally an alright poster. He wasn't your typical name calling guy if you picked against his guy or anything, but he just has this very unhealthy obsession with Kessler and Calzaghe.

He was convinced Kessler was better than Calzaghe, and after reading all his excuses, it sounds as if he still is.

A while ago he came to the conclusion that Calzghe would never have the balls to fight Kessler, he said he believed this many times, and then started to discredit Calzaghe. I'll be honest now, I've said a bit of bad stuff too, like how he should have unified and done more in his reign, I reckon I was right too.

But deram would go way, way further. When Calzaghe announced he'd fight Glen Johnson, deram was furious with this supposingly weak match up and made a thread about it saying how it's typical Calzaghe fighting his usual style opponents, etc. No other fight was good enough for deram to accept, bar a fight with Kessler.

He then (and this is probably his funniest thread/post yet) made a thread titled "I just rewatched Calzaghe/Lacy..." and in it he went on to say that it could be argued that Lacy won 3 or possibly 4 rounds against Calzaghe, and that the fight was definitely not the one sided beat down that everyone thought it was. he made this in the Aussie forum luckily, he would have been hung dry if he did it in the general forum.

He also said that the Lucas that Kessler beat was the best Lucas he'd seen in his career and that he would have beaten Danny green on that night. He also put this in the Canadian forum, very sneaky .

After Kessler beat Beyer, he said that Kessler would have knocked Calzaghe out had they fought 5 years ago, and used the excuse that Calzaghe was struggling with guys like Robin Reid then and then provided so called stats to back up that Kessler was much better than reid 5 years ago.

He also made fun at guys who thought Calzaghe/Lacy was going to be a close fight and said that every real boxing fan knew this was going to be a beat down to Calzaghe and only American posters thought otherwise, someone then bumped an old thread before the fight and one of derams posts called it a 50/50 fight.

Funny guy that deram.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #27
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
He was generally an alright poster. He wasn't your typical name calling guy if you picked against his guy or anything, but he just has this very unhealthy obsession with Kessler and Calzaghe.

He was convinced Kessler was better than Calzaghe, and after reading all his excuses, it sounds as if he still is.

A while ago he came to the conclusion that Calzghe would never have the balls to fight Kessler, he said he believed this many times, and then started to discredit Calzaghe. I'll be honest now, I've said a bit of bad stuff too, like how he should have unified and done more in his reign, I reckon I was right too.

But deram would go way, way further. When Calzaghe announced he'd fight Glen Johnson, deram was furious with this supposingly weak match up and made a thread about it saying how it's typical Calzaghe fighting his usual style opponents, etc. No other fight was good enough for deram to accept, bar a fight with Kessler.

He then (and this is probably his funniest thread/post yet) made a thread titled "I just rewatched Calzaghe/Lacy..." and in it he went on to say that it could be argued that Lacy won 3 or possibly 4 rounds against Calzaghe, and that the fight was definitely not the one sided beat down that everyone thought it was. he made this in the Aussie forum luckily, he would have been hung dry if he did it in the general forum.

He also said that the Lucas that Kessler beat was the best Lucas he'd seen in his career and that he would have beaten Danny green on that night. He also put this in the Canadian forum, very sneaky .

After Kessler beat Beyer, he said that Kessler would have knocked Calzaghe out had they fought 5 years ago, and used the excuse that Calzaghe was struggling with guys like Robin Reid then and then provided so called stats to back up that Kessler was much better than reid 5 years ago.

He also made fun at guys who thought Calzaghe/Lacy was going to be a close fight and said that every real boxing fan knew this was going to be a beat down to Calzaghe and only American posters thought otherwise, someone then bumped an old thread before the fight and one of derams posts called it a 50/50 fight.

Funny guy that deram.


So he turned out to be a Danish Gavin Stone
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #28
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Pretty funny. I didn't have too bad a time with him, but toward the end he started to creep me out.

He is in total meltdown mode right now. The worst part is that his guy looked great. Kessler would kick the shit out of Pavlik, Taylor or Abraham, and I'd give him a realistic shot at moving up to 175 and beating Dawson.
Lampley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

There is no way Deram has written all this stuff

I really like the "Hostile crowd...spent energy" excuse.

That is going to be put next to "Wlad a had too much vaseline on his face against Brewster"
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: The road to insanity - Deram

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
There is no way Deram has written all this stuff

I swear I have not made any of it up.

Axe can confirm and add many more to the list.

There was also a thread titled "who's the ***iest boxer" and guess who came a runnin in and guess who he mentioned.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013